Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favorite Pink Floyd Album Ever.

What is your favorite Pink Floyd album?

• Obscured by Clouds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uma Gumma

• The Division Bell

• A Momantary Lapse of Reason

• The Wall

• Wish You Were Here

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has to be some Floyd fans out there. What a great band. They have put out some phenominal stuff haven't they? I remember seeing them(probably shouldn't should I?)at BC Place about ten years ago. I had a media pass so everything was free. They opened up with Astronomy Domine, and it was fcuking unreal.

So, what is your favorite Pink Floyd record? The old Syd Barret stuff? The Roger Waters stuff? Or the latest David Gilmour stuff.

For me, it has to be 1983's The Final Cut. This was Roger Waters at his lyrical best. The lyrics from that album are simply amazing. I don't know what compells him to sing of the war so much, I probably should do some research and see, but whatever it is, it has turned him into a genius. I've heard that the Final Cut were songs left over from The Wall album. If that is the case, then an album of cast offs turned out to be better then the album they're known for. Don't get me wrong. The Wall is a good album. The Final Cut is great.

Track listing

1. The Post War Dream (3:00)
2. Your Possible Pasts (4:21)
3. One of the Few (1:26)
4. The Hero's Return (2:58)
5. The Gunners Dream (5:04)
6. Paranoid Eyes (3:49)
7. Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert (1:19)
8. The Fletcher Memorial Home (4:10)
9. Southampton Dock (2:05)
10. The Final Cut (4:53)
11. Not Now John (5:03)
12. Two Suns in the Sunset (5:17)

they disembarked in 45
and no one spoke and no one smiled
there were too many spaces in the line
gathered at the cenotaph
all agreed with hand on heart
to sheath the sacrificial knifes

but now

she stands upon
south hampton dock
with her handkerchief
and her summer frock
clings to her wet body in the rain
in quiet desperation
knuckles
white upon the slippery reins
she bravely waves the boys goodbye again

Beautiful.

So? What is your favorite Pink Floyd Album?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FavoUrite Pink Floyd Album Ever.

I saw them live at Le Stade Olympique in Marseille in the early 1990's when they were threatening, melodramatically, that every fcuking show was their last. Between having to try and explain to French hippies that I didn't know what a 'Pink Floyd' was, getting away from people who were essentially on fire from their massive spliffs, and the big fcuk-off inflatable pig that was bouncing about, their show left me cold. And it was summer in the South of France as well. Absolutely cold.

Pink Floyd will forever be, for me, associated with the kind of clowns in High School who thought they were vanguard philosophers when, in reality (something far removed from their existences), what they were was work-shy, soap-dodging, hairy, labour-voting tossers. Like Mrs. Saint. Other than that, Pink Floyd rock. Man.

Hope this response isn't too long for you.

I'm far more into my Yes, Kansas, and Grateful Dead...........

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
“Animals”
In my book, this pips past the post of Wish, Wall, Dark Side, Meddle, Piper and Final. Critically not rated high enough to beat the above. Maybe it is due to being in short in length and looking for somesort of an ending to cap it off?? “Its not about size, but what you do with it”.
Lyrically its Pink Floyd’s best at being dark and subtle. Waters turns his obvious distrust with establishment into a more poetic and cunning form, obviously using animals for people.
In Sheep as Wright’s keyboards continues on the back end of Waters vocal, “Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away….” It’s quite subliminal and stands as my fave.

Years ago, on my commutes to London, passing Battersea Power Station, I could visualize (especially after a few tins of Stella and a puff!) the pink pig flying over top of its deserted, bleak and dirty brick façade and to me this captures the album’s sentiment perfectly.
Its dark, and although not the cleanest but the true Pink Floyd fan will embrace the road it takes, even though less traveled. As the album doesn’t have radio-friendly tracks must be all the worthwhile to see them live, which makes “Animals” all the more remarkable.

I never been lucky to see them live, but I would argue that Pink Floyd died the day Waters left. Although musically Gilmour carried the torch, lyrically he doesn’t quite get the biscuit.

“If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you
We would zig zag our way
through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.”

(Pigs On The Wing, part. 1)

hedKandi

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens