Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FAO: DUDE

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey @Dude, it seems Mills threw his toys out the pram and needs you to help pick them up and give them back to him.

Also, does this mean you are unbanned from the league?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey @Dude, it seems Mills threw his toys out the pram and needs you to help pick them up and give them back to him.

Also, does this mean you are unbanned from the league?

You have to be kidding me?

No idea. I'm not even on Twatter, he may as well had sent out an actual smoke signal. Besides, only about 8,000 guys in the FVSL have my phone number. he can get it. Not sure I'll answer.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, maybe I do need to get on Twatter?

Loved this: "...The Fvsl is a lot like the Scottish Prem. League , 1 Good team and a second rate league compared to their neighbour".

Well, maybe three really good squads. Seriously, though....

Aside from spelling errors, how do you argue? Until the league wins an Open Provincial title, this is the naked truth. I hate that it's true, but it's true.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to be kidding me?

No idea. I'm not even on Twatter, he may as well had sent out an actual smoke signal. Besides, only about 8,000 guys in the FVSL have my phone number. he can get it. Not sure I'll answer.

hahah why does he want you to call?:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, not going to happen. Not sure what he thinks, if I'm going to be a pitt bull for him, or what.

It seems there is some bitterness about possible player compensation. Again, whatever. It's been happening in the VMSL (allegedly) as long as there have been paper bags. I'm sure it's (allegedly) happened in the FVSL. There were rumors.

I hate the disrespect the FVSL gets as much as the next guy, but how can you argue? Really? It IS an 8 team Premier division. I'd say 3, maybe 4 at a stretch this year could compete in the VMSL. Coastal IS this season's version of Celtic, able to get into the Champions league, maybe make some noise. Hopefully they are better, LOL.

I dunno. I've said for years that simple demographics should eventually dictate the changing of the tide. Instead, the VMSL encroaches into the FVSL territory and stays in the consistently higher level of competition the league offers...and that is the difference. It's not the players developed out here. It's not even necessarily the quality of the clubs and average premier player. It's the consistently higher quality competition across a long season that prepares teams better for the big competition. If those 12 teams have 2 players each that are of that top, top class, well, those players are game breakers. Maybe the FVSL has four or five guys like that. VISL? Dunno, seems they are having a tough go again this year, too.

Anyways, whatdaya say except, roll on Langley and Coastal. Wagner, I'll publicly shine your boots if you can pull this off.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just shake my head at FVSL calling out others for their coverage of the amateur game.

@Dude has railed on for the better of 2 years about not being able to find news about the FVSL... on the FVSL website.

I mean, really?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just shake my head at FVSL calling out others for their coverage of the amateur game.

@Dude has railed on for the better of 2 years about not being able to find news about the FVSL... on the FVSL website.

I mean, really?

True story.

Is Tyson still playing for Langley?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was all I could do last night not to post that cricket .gif when he was on here losing his mind. Not sure why he snapped. I honestly think Langley and Coastal have a shot at meeting in an all FVSL semi-final which would be fantastic for the league and guarantee a finalist two consecutive years which would be even more fantastic for the league. His Twitter handle was all smiles when Port Moody took Peg to extra time before narrowly losing and Surrey and Langley were neck and neck in a close game that one of them had to lose.

Where he seemed to lose his mind was about the way @GoF used the word "demolish" to describe the Aldy/Rino's game and then we were straight off down the rabbit hole. First of all, there's really no way to sugar coat a 6-0. It's a drubbing/thumping/demolishing/spanking/etc. There's no "close" 6-0 games. Aldergrove was woeful this season in the FVSL and backed into Provincials thanks to a Pakenham Cup win. Kudos to them for salvaging their season, but they were well outclassed on Sunday. So, that's dodgy enough to start off with, clearly there was a deeper issue. Seems he wanted to get righteous about the whole "paying players" thing. It's clearly an open secret, and it has LONG, LONG, LONG been debated and rumoured about all sorts of different teams throughout amateur soccer at the top levels. That includes PoCo and ACBC from their FVSL days. This is from the classic "boot money" after the game to various "paid" positions. The leagues have heard the clamouring about the playing field not being level. In the VMSL, long time stalwart clubs like Columbus, NorVan, Westside and Richmond have all suffered relegations and now scrap just to survive at the top levels. Do you think they condone the top teams allegedly paying players? Absolutely not. They are infuriated because they struggle to compete. Some of it is just sour grapes, some of it is rooted in truth. The problem? There is no proof, no smoking gun, nothing that is actionable. If the VMSL (or whatever league this sort of thing happened in) ever got tangible evidence, they would act, so too would BC Soccer one imagines.

With Rino's it is a bit of an irony. After years of berating and calling for investigations into Ayjal Tigers and their alleged payments of players they hopped in bed with them in order to finally play in Premier. They will tell you that they, as a club, do not pay anybody. However, it is all but understood that their Saudi overlords look after that via back room deals. Rino's will argue that if that is happening, it is extraneous to any of their activities as a club and, in fact, would likely go so far as to condone such actions. Do they know about it? Probably; I'm sure they have all heard the same whispers as the rest of us. It's a very grey area with even blurrier lines. In a further twist, the most ardent advocate for sanctioning Rino's has become Claudio Ramirez from EDC, which is also ironic because, back in their prime when they won a Provincial Cup, Chile was one of those teams that was accused of "paying players". I believe the gambit back then was that many of the players were employed as labourers for a company owned by someone in the EDC hierarchy. As the story goes, bonuses just happened to be handed out coincidently following good performances on the weekend and while no one was obligated to play for the team, if you happened to leave the club the company also happened to be going through some routine layoffs and there didn't happen to be enough work for you. How much of that was reality and how much of it was as a result of the grapevine/telephone game spinning its story is tough to know. Even more tough would be to somehow prove all this; how is any league supposed to be able to prove these sorts of arrangements are designed with the sole purpose of compensating players?

Anyway, it's a slippery slope and no one is thrilled about it. What it isn't is new and losing your mind about it seems unhinged to put it mildly. What @Dude has to do with it I am even less certain... Agree re the point about CPL changing the landscape. I think BC Soccer still wants some sort of tier three league which might just end up being that super league (VMSL/FVSL/VISL) we've all discussed before.

As for the "slanted/biased coverage" I'm not really sure what to do about that. Personally I would have no problem covering the FVSL in addition to my VMSL stuff, but I don't get paid for this. If the FVSL wants to pay me a livable wage then we can talk, until then the VMSL is, quite frankly, the more compelling league. Case in point, the VMSL had yet another tight Division 1 promotion battle this season that went right to the wire and, while things were arguably just as tight if not tighter in the FVSL Division 1 with plenty of compelling storylines among the top teams, their season culminated in North Delta winning the league and declining promotion. So WTF was the point of covering that sort of Mickey Mouse BS? Sorry, not worth it. If you want coverage do it yourself, that's what the VISL does. Put the onus on yourself and your league rather than berating others who are doing this with their free time for no compensation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicely put.

I've always been neutral on the paying players thing. It's kind of like taking a stance that you are OK with performance enhancing drugs in the Olympics. Can't stop it, so don't fight it attitude (for the record, I'm against PEDs). The paper bags have always been there, and so long as their is motivation and a means of cheating the system, certain team executives may find this to be worth their while. For me? I'd never go there, and was very proud to represent a club (LUFC) that would never go there. If I were in that position, my disposable income would be allocated to a charity that needs it rather than a selfish amateur soccer player.

Why the reach out? No idea. My ASS also told me on Saturday he was asking for my phone number. No clue why. Maybe he thinks I'm such a stanch proponent of the FVSL I'd charge in and defend his position, pen in hand? A white knight of writing? I really don't get it. I am a big fan of all men's open footy across the Province, not just the FVSL. I do have a soft spot for the FVSL, but ultimately, I want great footy coming out of this province. Whether guys are paid on Tigers or not, they are amateurs, and if they win this tourney, I'll cheer them on in October. As soon as Nationals go every year, I become a fan of whoever is representing us. Hell, even Inter! It's no secret: Mills can't stand me, and I can't stand him. There is literally zero respect between each other, and I don't lose one bit of sleep because of it. Maybe he was calling me to have a go, because I am not on Twatter, so he can't have a go at me there. No clue.

As for the league promoting itself, well, duh. Do the write-ups yourself, or find money in the budget to pay someone part-time to do it for you. Someone like you, with writing talent (even with VMSL dick in your mouth, I guess that's a different talent) may love the idea of taking a few thousands bucks a year as a stipend to write about the league. It's above board, why not? But no, not even a fcuking match report can be found outside @bulljive and @LION once in a while. Get a writer, post it here, BC Soccer Web, on your own website (the one nobody visits or even knows about, yeah, that one), hell, even his newest mortal enemy @GoF at AFTN has offered to post the write-ups if sent to him. So...WTF? Where there is a will there is a way, and if promotion of your league is important to you, table to discussion at your next Board meeting, allocate the funds, find a part-time writer.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, that was what I found the most hilarious in all of that. I had a chat with him last year and told him if he could send me weekly write ups I'd happily stick them up on the site. Never heard a peep from him after that until Sunday. VISL send them. Hell, even the Richmond Summer League did last season.

I'm just pissed off to find out that I'm apparently I'm on the VMSL payroll but they seem to have misplaced my bank details :greedy:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you mean "even the Richmond Summer League?" That's pretty much the best summer league in BC! TSS Rovers even recruited 2 players from it last season!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0