Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F1 - 2004

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is he really going to be back???? Will someone finally give him a seat??? The waiting may be over soon...
Villeneuve to test drive for Renault

Associated Press

9/14/2004

SILVERSTONE, England (AP) - Former Formula One world champion Jacques Villeneuve will test for Renault at Silverstone this week.
Renault said in a statement that the Iberville, Que., native would test at the site of the British Grand Prix on Wednesday and Thursday. He had a seat-fitting at the team's base on Tuesday.
``We have reached agreement for Jacques to test for the team,'' Renault managing director Flavio Briatore said.
``This test might lead to Jacques joining the team for the final three races of the season beginning next week at the Chinese Grand Prix.''
Renault's current drivers are Jarno Trulli and Fernando Alonso. It's third in the manufacturer's championship.
Villeneuve quit BAR-Honda with one race left in 2003 after he learned that the team planned to replace him this year with Japanese driver Takuma Sato. He was without a team this year.
He won the world championship in 1997 with Williams.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Sauber is interested too. They will be running the 2005 Ferrari engine next year. I wouldn't mind seeing him there.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Ecclestone says...
Jacques Villeneuve's return to the Formula One circuit would give the sport a major boost, according to F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone.
``Jacques was always fast and he should get a chance to prove that he's still got these skills,'' Britain's Press Association quoted Ecclestone as saying in the Welt am Sonntag newspaper in Germany. ``If that were to happen it would benefit the sport.''
Whether it is with Sauber or Renault, F1 needs him to create headlines with his talk, and hopefully some speed once again...

All these races with Shaumacher winning are getting borring. Then you have Minardi...
"We're everybody's second favourite team, experts at survival," said Australian millionaire Paul Stoddart, who amassed his fortune in the 1980s buying surplus aircraft and spare parts from the Australian government. He still heads European Aviation, a Britain-based supplier of aircraft parts.
"That's a point people don't quite see. Everyone wants the underdog to have a good time on the track. But if we'd do well, we'd lose that status."

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like I got my wish. Jacques signed with Sauber today for the next two years. He may still drive the last three races for Renault too. That would be cool.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be nice to have him back in the car. My interest is returning to the sport...
I hope that he will race for Renault for the last three races of the year as well, get him refreshed, and show what he can still do!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He won't be able to do anything. Villeneuve sucks and the only reason he won the championship was because his car was the best. Now before you say Schummacer is the same way remember that when he first came in he had a crappier car than Damon Hill and I forget the other dudes name but he was always keeping it close and even won a championship if I am not mistaken. Something Jacques couldn't do at BAR Honda and something he won't be able to do with Sauber. Why does everyone think Villeneuve can win again? I'll admit he is one of the top 30 drivers in the world or else he wouldn't be in F1 but I think both Schummacers, Raikonen, Button, Montoya (even though I hate this cnut), Barichello, Trulli, and a couple others that escape me at this moment are all better drivers than Jacques. Have fun watching this bum dissapoint you guys again and then start listing his excuses and then you guys can back him once again.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd probably be better off naming the guys you think Jacques is better than rather than list the 24 guys you think are better than him.

My grandma broke a finger knitting the other day otherwise she'd give him a run for the money, I reckon.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts