Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal vs Brazil

One one tie today between these two powerhouses. I watched the game at the PCOV on commercial. They charged $10 a person to enter, nevertheless, it was packed in there, standing room only.

All in all, it was a good match to watch. Lots of chances both ways.

Portugal scored first on a breakaway goal by Sergio Conceicao. A threw ball dumbied by Joao Pinto that sent Conceicao all alone on the keeper, and he finished well.

Brazil countered will a PK scored by Ronaldinho.

Brazil seemed to have their full squad with Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, and Ronaldo all playing. Portugal was missing Rui Costa and Nuno Gomes.

The star of the game would have to be the Portuguese keeper Ricardo who made numerous saves including a couple point blank shots by Ronaldo.

Both teams looked impressive. Brazil was as dangerous as ever and playing to that samba beat. Portugal also played well, but their lack of a dangerous finisher upfront was evident.

I can't wait to see these two teams in action in a month and a half.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, but...

I meant someone who could be dangerous somewhere other than the Scottish League. Cadete wasn't even that great in the Portuguese League.

I can't remember the last time he was selected for the National squad. However, that was a good find Jinky.;)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland 1-2 Nigeria
Two goals from Julius Aghahowa gave Nigeria a morale boosting win over Scotland ahead of this summer's World Cup.

Why aren't all the soccer crazy Scots talking about their team anymore??

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly...

England 4 Paraguay 0

Dream debut for Michael Owen who scores four minutes into his tenure as England Captain, the highest honour anyone of any nation could ever dream of having. Obviously. If you believe what The Sun was saying yesterday (which I do, every word), Eriksson chose Owen to replace Becks as Captain because he's clean cut and a model of decorum. Sounds a bit like Buckfast apart from the decorum bit and with a healthy dollop of bottled tan thrown in. George Hamilton.

Others to impress were Gerrard who was class and sprayed inch perfect balls all over the park like Burnsie at Newton Athletic, Wayne Bridge, whose value after this World Cup will rise exponentially and Southampton will be hard pressed to hang on to him because he's fcuking class and a proper footballer and not simply a fullback who humps the ball up the park. The way I do. Vassell was lively and the Paraguayans had no idea what to do with him so they, um, didn't do anything with him and he ran rampant. Southgate was composed and efficient and got forward as much as the dagos allowed him to which, as it turned out, was a lot because they were rubbish. Robbie 'The Growler' Fowler played a really mature match and set up so many chances I ran out of beads on my abacus.

All in all a good win against piss-poor competition and I felt sorry for Cesare Maldini who goes from managing the Azzurri and his son who is, without question, the best fullback ever, to managing a bunch a mulletted no-hopers of whom one is named 'Arce'. Sums it up quite nicely.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The complete list of yesterday's exhibitions

Japan 1 - 1 Costa Rica
Rep. of Macedonia 1 - 0 Finland
Yugoslavia 4 - 1 Lithuania
Hungary 2 - 5 Belarus
Poland 1 - 2 Romania
Croatia 2 - 0 Bosnia-Herzegovina
Ukraine 2 - 1 Georgia