Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EURO 2012 Groups & Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Der Vaart was their best player imho.

He's a special player that always seems to take a back seat to Sneijder for some reason...

I agree JBN...after scoring a beauty with his left, he barely missed by hitting the post when he curled it from outside the 18 with his right foot.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On Holland, certainly they're suspect at the back... but surely to fcuk... VanderVaart had an outstanding season at WHL and Sneijder had a season full of drama, injury and poor form at Inter and he was given the reins going into this tourney with Afellay getting in ahead of Rafa... Huntelaar shoulda been up front all along and RVP out wide left, Bert got it all wrong imho and the Dutch had no mental ability in that group.

Unlucky to the picnic blankets in their tough group.

Tomorrow will be fun to watch so see how the quarters shape up once and for all. Hoping for Italy v France and Spain v England.

I figure Zee Germans and the Porkchops will be through to the Semis.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
is there any disputing the spanish player offside on that goal? from the initial pass?

very close to a hand ball as well
he basically controlled it with his upper arm, no?
super tight call on the offside but i would say they made the right call

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm not an expert on this stuff... so walks, mr rempa, captain... please feel free to chime in.

on the ball to inesta, navas was offside. as soon as navas received the pass from iniesta, should the flag not have gone up?

handball... 20 years ago, that would be considered a hand ball... not today, though.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[video=youtube_share;Q61ohGhtDxY]http://youtu.be/Q61ohGhtDxY[/video]

this video should work for about 10 minutes before it is taken off youtube...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
on the ball to inesta, navas was offside. as soon as navas received the pass from iniesta, should the flag not have gone up?

I love the offside rule :rolleyes: ;)

On the ball to Iniesta, you're right ..... Navas was in an offside position. However, he wasn't interfering with play as to 'interfere with play', the player needs to play or touch the ball. At this point, Iniesta is the only one that can be in question.

Technically, the ball to Iniesta is one phase of play and the ball to Navas is another phase of play.

Iniesta was onside so in theory, Spain could have another 8 guys in an offside position but if they don't touch the ball, they're not interfering with play, it only matters where Iniesta was on the field.

Another 'important' bit is that Navas was level or behind the ball when Iniesta played it forward so Navas is onside. If Navas was ahead of the ball (closer to the goal), he would've been deemed offside.

Clear as mud ??!! Perfect ...... carry on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts