Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EURO 2012 Groups & Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Head to Head is by far the best way to decide it. I'm not even going to debate why. It's a no-brainer.

What do you think? Before you answer.......think!

Over a full season then yeah maybe but over a 3 game period it's rather useless. If Holland and Germany win 2moro or Denmark and Portugal win then we're gonna have a 3 way tie anyways so it'll end up coming down to goal difference as could both other groups on monday and tuesday. I just hate how it means a team can score 1 goal then sit back and put 11 guys in their own box and defend, which is what we'll see from them from now on against teams hoping for pk's. At least Russia would try and beat Germany/Denmark/Portugal... I didn't like how England played against France either, it's just not entertaining but whatever i guess it works.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shots on target : 2 - 5
shots off target : 3 - 19
possession (%) : 38 - 62
corner kicks : 5 - 12
offsides : 1 - 0
fouls : 7 - 14
yellow cards : 2 - 4

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over a full season then yeah maybe but over a 3 game period it's rather useless. If Holland and Germany win 2moro or Denmark and Portugal win then we're gonna have a 3 way tie anyways so it'll end up coming down to goal difference as could both other groups on monday and tuesday. I just hate how it means a team can score 1 goal then sit back and put 11 guys in their own box and defend, which is what we'll see from them from now on against teams hoping for pk's. At least Russia would try and beat Germany/Denmark/Portugal... I didn't like how England played against France either, it's just not entertaining but whatever i guess it works.

So you weren't TTP

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes and Chelsea was better than Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the CL.......good point......

Tough one to debate philosophically. I would love Greece to play "normally" because I am confident they can still compete, but at a disadvantage of course. Chelsea was in the same situation. But to get the result, a decision was made that this was the best and perhaps the only way to play. On the other end, the Russians and Barcelona simply have to execute. Put the ball in the net. The Russians only had two/three shots on target? Percentage wise, Greece executed. They hit the post and missed some excellent opportunities besides the goal they scored. They fought through more adversity through bad calls, a penalty that wasn't given, a yellow that shouldn't have been given, their captain removed from the pitch this game and next.

I think I know a local coach who has used this tactic many times......hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

Greece were the better team on the day.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I dislike what the Greeks did, I put the blame for this one squarely on the shoulders of Russia. They looked absolutely fcuking clueless. They were taking stupid, no-hope shots, getting in each's other way, and playing as a bunch of individuals. Their heads went down way too easily, and they showed very little heart/team spirit.

A good team can beat a more skilled team by playing on the counter, but a great team can break down a team that's parking the bus and make them pay for giving you possession. Greece were good. Russia were not even close to great.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough one to debate philosophically. I would love Greece to play "normally" because I am confident they can still compete, but at a disadvantage of course. Chelsea was in the same situation. But to get the result, a decision was made that this was the best and perhaps the only way to play. On the other end, the Russians and Barcelona simply have to execute. Put the ball in the net. The Russians only had two/three shots on target? Percentage wise, Greece executed. They hit the post and missed some excellent opportunities besides the goal they scored. They fought through more adversity through bad calls, a penalty that wasn't given, a yellow that shouldn't have been given, their captain removed from the pitch this game and next.

I think I know a local coach who has used this tactic many times......hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

Greece were the better team on the day.

Oh, Ballbaby......how you change your tune sometimes.........:D Happy Birthday and Father's DAy by the way.

Russia is a better team who lost to Greece on the day.....:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby just PM'd me saying Joe Hart's a wussy for not picking off that cross at 4 yards off his goal line.

And agreed BB - Greece deserved the result against those Russian mafia slimeballs.

Off for some Souvlaki and Retsina for Father's Day dinner,
Ouzoforever

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch heart and pride must not have made it through customs. What a shite effort.

#thud

Obviously the vast majority of the blame must be on the players but the coaching staff needs to take a large portion of the blame. I mean what was the tactical game plan, defensively we looked completely unorganized and unprepared. There was no shape, no structure, no communication. To me that's a lack of preparation to assume their offensive talent is so strong that they will just win. I get we don't have no big names on defense but either do the Greeks, Denmark or the other nations that still keep the ball out of their nets. Maybe knowing you have a weak defense you need to tactically prepare for that and play great "team" defense and have a sound defensive shape. How can you look that unprepared in all 3 games, the whole team and staff should be embarrassed.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, say what you want about the Dutch, but did you see those babes in the stands? Full respect for their women. Great looking and loose morals.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...thank god they still have de great breakfast restaurant with great de pancakes!

de shocked!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously the vast majority of the blame must be on the players but the coaching staff needs to take a large portion of the blame. I mean what was the tactical game plan, defensively we looked completely unorganized and unprepared. There was no shape, no structure, no communication. To me that's a lack of preparation to assume their offensive talent is so strong that they will just win. I get we don't have no big names on defense but either do the Greeks, Denmark or the other nations that still keep the ball out of their nets. Maybe knowing you have a weak defense you need to tactically prepare for that and play great "team" defense and have a sound defensive shape. How can you look that unprepared in all 3 games, the whole team and staff should be embarrassed.

I guess you missed the memo. The tactical game plan was to have the hatchet man and the 35 year old geezer in the middle of the park protect the back 4.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Der Vaart was their best player imho.

He's a special player that always seems to take a back seat to Sneijder for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts