Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2012 FINALS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could be wrong, but wasn't Spain up 2-0 and pissing Italy as much as any team in any recent final when Motta got sent off?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep. It was a lot of Spain, and not a lot of Italy. I was glad to see the game so open though. I give full credit to the way Italy played the whole tournament - a very strong and attacking style that was very entertaining to watch. It made Spain change their tactics. Spain's first two goals were fast attacking laser passing, clinical finishes. The best team won. I am glad we don't have a lot of Spaniards we play against frequently. It would be tough to put up with them for the next few years if we did.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice and quiet at the Centro Italiano yesterday - just the way it should be.:rolleyes: There will be some moaning in the Italian press about the training staff (two hamstring? injuries in one game) and about the tactical decision (or lack thereof) to expend all 3 subs so early in the game. Seriously, if Antonio Cassano really is that vital to his team, why is he being pulled so early in games, unless he still hasn't fully recovered from his surgery, and in that case, why risk the guy's health at all? Di Natale was a decent sub and I thought had better chances in his limited effective time.

Nice to see also that somebody had a word with Balotelli after he sulked off after the game and he was back out conducting himself in a slightly more civil manner.

All that being said, even with level numbers on the pitch, Spain just played at a different level.

Next trophy, please.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. I felt like 4-0 was a bit harsh. The mysterious subbing of Cassano for DiNatale certainly was a poor decision in hindsight. If Chiellini wasn't ready he shouldn't have played.

I think the Azzuri are to be applauded for trying to play football and not park the bus. To me 4-0 was harsh as it was 2-0 till Motta got hurt and they were down to 10.

Spain is on a different planet, and for all of thinking they looked good but not the same as previous Majors, they sure found another gear when they needed to.

Well done Spain and Italy for at least giving us a finale that wasn't boring to watch for me the neutral.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else disappointed with the overall tournament? I found the soccer quite stale at times. Not many memorable goals or games.

Minimal drama compared to years past.

Anyone?

Am i alone?

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else disappointed with the overall tournament? I found the soccer quite stale at times. Not many memorable goals or games.

Minimal drama compared to years past.

Anyone?

Am i alone?

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Overall, I thought it was a decent tournament but ONCE again the managers' fear of losing became more evident with every game....as opposed to going to win. Germany was guilty of this against Italy.

Otherwise, I thought Ireland was the class of the tournament and once they were knocked out the overall finesse and guile dropped dramatically.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not overly disappointed in the finale. As for the subs, Cassano was only fit enough to go 60, knowing this and leaving him on the bench to start was impossible. So one sub was always going to be used before the match started. Certainly questions could be asked about Chiellini starting ahead of Balzaretti, if Chiellini was hurting, which he was. And the Motta change was the most confusing given they were down 2 at the time.

Having said all that, Prandelli has reformed this national team and I'm glad to hear he'll be back for 2014. A lot of youth on it's way up and Rossi hopefully fit next time round.

Forza Azzurri!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts