Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008 Qualifying...

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kit to keep
Defender Vedran Ćorluka, who is based in the Premier League with Manchester City FC, delighted in England's downfall, saying: "They got what they deserved. They didn't respect us at all. I didn't expect such arrogance from their media and players. It's a real joy to knock England out." Mladen Petrić, scorer of the winning goal, added: "This is the most valuable goal of my career. I didn't swap shirts at the end – I kept mine on. None of their shirts are worth more than mine today."

Cutout from an article.....

I love it!!! :D

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira, you may remember this. Same idiot Spanish referee....dodgy penalty call against the Scottish team(even if it is Celtic:D). That's as weak sauce as Zambrotta's handball....

Last edited by a moderator:

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCOTLAND DIES LAUGHING

Most would have been dead within minutes

TRIBUTES are being paid to Scotland this morning after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people gathered around still blaring television sets.

By dawn, as RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.
Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: "We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of Tennats Lager They seemed to be at peace."

He added: "In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees.

"It seems he may have been showing his bare buttocks to the television when he keeled over."

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton, said: "I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling at about 9.50pm.
"He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after about 25 minutes of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet."

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get it ;)

How 'bout this though ?? England vs. Scotland in a ahem, 'friendly' next summer ??

Soccernet.com said:
Scots ready to offer England summer sweetener

Scotland are ready to soften the blow for England after their shocking Euro 2008 failure by suggesting the teams revisit their old rivalry next summer.

Any match between England and Scotland, the first since the Euro 2000 play-offs in 1999, would be a certain sell-out and capture the imagination either side of the border.

It would provide an occasion to focus on for the Tartan Army, who saw their side fall agonisingly short of qualifying from a group including Italy and France, and the Three Lions supporters still reeling from England's dreadful Wembley defeat to Croatia.

Scottish FA chief executive Gordon Smith is in favour of the match and will put the idea to manager Alex McLeish over the weekend during the trip to Durban for the 2010 World Cup qualifying draw.

'We all want to see England,' said Smith. 'I don't know if Alex does, but if he does we'll certainly be speaking with the English office-bearers to see if we can get that game.'

Still, the Football Association insist there are no firm plans in place for England this summer following their elimination from Euro 2008.

For the first time in 14 years, England will miss out on a major tournament, axed coach Steve McClaren paying the price for Wednesday's home defeat to Croatia which allowed Russia to qualify at the expense of the Three Lions.

Almost immediately, talk of a Home International tournament was raised, something that could prove appealing from a commercial perspective now that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland know they will be staying at home as well in June.

A Celtic Cup competition, including the Republic of Ireland but presently excluding England, is due to be announced shortly and it has been reported the FA have a week to indicate whether they would like to be involved.

However, it is unlikely the FA would adhere to such a timescale, especially as they already have a friendly against Switzerland pencilled in for the Feb 6 date on which the new tournament is due to begin.

'We have no firm plans in place at this stage and there have been no discussions over a Home International tournament,' said an FA spokesman.

Although there has been no desire within the FA to revive the Home Internationals, a point made publicly by chief executive Brian Barwick in an open forum at West Brom last month, it cannot yet be ruled out on a one-off basis.

My summer may have some meaning afterall :D

Anton Rogan

Mar 31, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems Tony Henry's National Anthem mistake got the Croatia players chuckling and relaxed them before the start of the game.

"He should have sung 'Mila kuda si planina' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain'. "

BBC SPORT | Football | Anthem gaffe 'lifted Croatia'

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts