Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool to land £5m Kewell

Leeds forward Harry Kewell will sign a five-year deal with Liverpool on Wednesday for a knock-down £5m fee.

The 24-year-old Australian international will make the switch to Merseyside, after a late hitch threatened the deal.

"The issue was the transfer fee to be paid by Liverpool to Leeds - that has now been resolved," Kewell's agent Bernie Mandic told the BBC Sport website.

"So hopefully the lawyers will sort out the legal side of things very soon."

Reports said the deal hit a last-minute hitch over Kewell's claims for a £1.5m loyalty bonus.

But Mandic rejected such suggestions and claimed the problem was due to Leeds wanting more for their star.

"It is absolute nonsense," he added. "He has not asked for any payout for the last year of his contract and to suggest otherwise is a lie.

"There are no monies from the transfer fee from Liverpool to Leeds that will be paid to Harry Kewell.

"I have a letter signed by the chairman of Leeds giving me permission to find a club for Harry Kewell for £5m.
Things are looking up!

Who else here supports the reds? Sandman, Dap...?

~Regs.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
Who else here supports the reds? Sandman, Dap...?

Rev does... but not too sure what the purpose is in buying another world class striker? Owen Baros Diof and now Kewell?

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a disappointing season....the kewell signing is excellent. The reds have never had a threat down the flanks ever since McManaman left for Madrid. I think Kewell will provide just that.

Liverpool have always played people out of position to fill in that specific role. ie; Rise & Heskey. Maybe now, they will start to play some attacking soccer.

Sandman

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What A Mess....

Leeds United will earn just £3million from the sale of Harry Kewell to Liverpool. The Elland Road club, which confirmed the deal on Wednesday afternoon, revealed that although they accepted an offer of £5million from Liverpool: 'Leeds United has had to agree to pay a fee to representatives of Kewell in the sum of £2 million'. Leeds appear to have had little choice but to accept the cut price deal or risk losing the 24-year-old Australian for free next summer

$3 million for Kewell is absolutely shocking they might as well have kept him for a year to try and remain in the premiership (Avg cost is 20 million for relegation) Leeds must be in real hole financially.

Viduka and Smith must be really looking forward to next season:rolleyes:

As for Liverpool - with Heskey still around it'll be another struggle for Uefa qualification :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting Kewell for 5 mill in poundage is absolutely magic for the reds! Sensei must be gutted at the way Leeds are going. I suppose they felt compelled to take it as Kewell would be gone on a free transfer next summer but still. The three million quid Leeds actually get from the deal won't even pay the interest on their debts and Paul Robinson could be leaving at a cut-rate price too. Yikes.

With getting Kewell at that price the reds must still have money left for more signings. Maybe they can still pry Cisse away from Auxerre. Then all they'd have to do is find someone to take Heskey. I hear Chelsea's new owner has more money than brains, perhaps Liverpool could ring him up.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a great signing for the 'pool. Only 5 million. A few teams would have and should have taken him for that.:eek:

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was only 3 million pounds actually, but who is counting? Gees, do you think Celtic could have afforded that? I'm getting very worried about transactions.......

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not worried

MON will sign someone and if not our youth will step up to the task at hand.

3 million, How can he go so cheap? I do not understand this one.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the money seems to be a little more than 3 mill. But there have been many different stories according to Sky Sports. Apparently Kewell's agent pocketed 2 million from the deal and there is a missing 2 million? Shocking.

According the Leeds chairman

3 mill - Kewell

2 mill - Kewell's agent

2 mill - No fcuking clue

Either way, Liverpool got themselves a great deal. Kewell is a cracker and that goal he scored against the Big Arse at the end of the season was one of the best I have ever seen.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He never asked for a transfer therefore he was entitled to a large loyalty bonus. Leeds tried to get Liverpool to pay it and were told to go fcuk themselves.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kewell

"that goal he scored against the Big Arse at the end of the season was one of the best I have ever seen.

Captain,

Surely even you will agree with me on the fact that any goal scored against the Big Fat Arse is one of the best I've ever seen"

dazisbackonbigfatttp:cool:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kewell's a cnut ........

Another reason to hate Scousers / Aussie's ........

From Soccernet: Harry Kewell turned down the chance to become a Manchester United player because he believed the Premiership champions are set to go into decline, it has been claimed.

Are you fcuking kidding me Harry ?? Apparently you spent too much time at Surfer's Paradise this summer ........ cnut.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Walks!

Ronaldinho joins Barcelona
First Published: Jul 19, 2003

Ronaldinho signed a five-year contract with Barcelona and must pass a medical the following day before completing a move from Paris St Germain, the Spanish club announced.

The 23-year-old player had flown in from Brazil to finalize personal terms after Barcelona announced they had beaten Manchester United in the race to sign the Brazilian World Cup winner.

Barca announced that PSG had accepted their bid of 30 million euros (33.6 million dollars) after rejecting a lower offer from United, according to the French club's president Francis Graille.

Barcelona's vice-president Sandro Rosell said late Saturday that he had been through Ronaldinho's contract point by point during a five hours of negotiations and that the Brazilian would undergo a medical before being presented to the media on Monday.

"I am very happy," the player told Spanish radio.

Between three and five million euros of the fee will be linked to results.

New Barcelona president Joan Laporta was determined to lure a star player to Barca after seeing David Beckham move to Real Madrid in June in a deal worth around 35 million euros.

The move to Spain came after PSG president Graille again hit out at Manchester United for their conduct in trying to sign the Brazilian.

Graille criticized the English Premiership champions for not playing by the FIFA rule book by negotiating directly with the player himself.

"We weren't impressed at all by the behaviour of their representatives," Graille told AFP.

"In fact Manchester United have been too sure of themselves, believing that they'd done the hard work by negotiating directly with the player and going behind PSG's backs."

United manager Alex Ferguson held lengthy talks with Graille on Thursday, and having seen his big catch slip away the Scot will be more determined than ever now to bring in a major name before the new season gets underway to fill the void left by Beckham.

Ferguson could switch his attention to Blackburn Rovers' Damien Duff who has just completed two days of talks with Chelsea who have put a 17 million pounds (27 million dollar) price tag on the Republic of Ireland international.

Ronaldinho's capture is a major coup for Barcelona, who are intent on bouncing back after a poor domestic campaign which saw them trail in sixth to arch rivals Real Madrid.

Despite reaching quarter finals of the Champions league last season they will have to make do with the UEFA Cup next season.

Coach Radomir Antic was sacked in June and replaced with former Dutch international Frank Rijkaard, who became Barca's third Dutch coach after Johan Cruyff and Louis van Gaal.

Barca's other close season recruits were Fenerbahce's Turkey goalkeeper Rustu Recber, rated one of the best stoppers at last year's World Cup, Mexican defender Rafael Marquez and highly rated teenage striker Ricardo Quaresma.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow on Sky Sports News

Is it me or has Fastshow resurfaced as a presenter on Sky Sports News?

About 30 lbs lighter and with a cute Scottish accent.

Anyone pick up on this on Sky Sports News on FSWC yesterday?

Incredible stuff Fasty!

Atkins diet?

Very pretty anyway.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza,

Very good point. Up the Spurs.

Walks,

Now you get to get stuffed by Celtic after all these 'signings' are failing to come through. When you walk, through a storm.....

BTW, Walks, your 'running man' last night was nothing less than spectacular. Only if you could play darts like that. :)

TheGoodLookingCaptain:D :rolleyes: ;)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're fcuked ..........

Quality Fergie ...... Quality :rolleyes:

Somehow in this strange off-season for United, Fergie's played the waiting game a little long. You could almost see this happening I hate to say ..........

"In fact Manchester United have been too sure of themselves, believing that they'd done the hard work by negotiating directly with the player and going behind PSG's backs."

Shock ........ :rolleyes: United almost got done by UEFA a few years back when United went behind PSV's back to sign Jaap Stam. You think they would've learned .........

Where the fcuk is Andrei Kanchelskis ?? We may have to sign him up again :D

When you walk, through a storm.....

I think I'm going to be sick ...........

BTW, Walks, your 'running man' last night was nothing less than spectacular.

I have no recollection of that event Captain :D ....... however, your rendition of Jenny 8675309 was fcuking superb !!!!!

themissusstillhateswalksforthecaptaincomment :D

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pricelesss

BTW, Walks, your 'running man' last night was nothing less than spectacular.

It was truly a spectacle to see Walks do the running man to Bell Biv Devoe's Poison. Absolutely priceless. BTW your wife has the best hearing of anyone I have come across.;) To bad though that you think the Captain is better looking.:eek: I wonder why she would be upset by this.:confused:

Parkhead:D

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another player United failed to sign.:eek:

Damien Duff has completed his £17million move to Chelsea from Blackburn Rovers.

Damien Duff: Ireland international (LaurenceGriffiths/GettyImages)

The Republic of Ireland winger finally put pen to paper on a five-year deal worth a reported £70,000-a-week after spending several days considering the offer.

Duff becomes the fourth big signing in new owner Roman Abramovich's Blue revolution which has seen Real Madrid midfielder Geremi, West Ham full-back Glen Johnson and Southampton defender Wayne Bridge all sign

Parkhead

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you thought Walks' running man was good

In drizzle more reminiscent of Merseyside than tropical Thailand, Liverpool struggled to settle down against a well-drilled Thai side.

But Emile Heskey lit up a drab first half when he picked up the ball on the left of the Thai area, drifted into the box, and drilled a left foot shot past Kittisak Rawangpa in the Thai goal.

A small contingent of travelling Liverpool fans shook a banner that mimicked bargirl cat calls in Bangkok's red light district by proclaiming: 'LFC - we love you longtime'.

Buckfast

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts