Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's Rob Halford?

Jinky,

I think Rob Halford would have more interest in your arse, than sing for Priest...

Thats why they kicked him out.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surpising, but great news
Fulham capture Dutch Number 1 in shock move
Fulham have shattered their transfer record as they shelled out around £7million to sign Holland international goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar from Italian giants Juventus. The giant 30-year-old has agreed a four-year deal with the Premiership new boys, subject to a medical in London this morning, and represents a huge coup for manager Jean Tigana.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Charity Shield

Liverpool 2
Mancester United 1

I caught the last 10 minutes on the "radio"... sounded like an absolutely cracking match. Apparently Liverpool was up 2-0 at the half with Man U absolutely dominating the second half but only managing to pull one back.

Did anyone manage to catch it on TV anywhere?

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cracking indeed...

Yes. It was cracking though you must think that had Veron been able to play (he's away with the Argies) it may have been a different outcome. The Liverpool midfield was better organised and had the kind of intangible chemistry that only comes from having been able to play with one another over a season, at the very least. Should Van Nistelrooy be allowed to establish an understanding with Scholes, however, look out. Once again Roy Keane shows himself up, am I the only one who has always thought him to be utterly over-rated?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't about what the rest of you, that saw the game, thought but that Liverpool/West Ham game was fcuking boring.

Other than Owens second goal, it was a piss poor performance by the Uefa Cup champions.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crap

What's with all this gold crap? First Man-U with their away strip, and now Arsenal with their new gold kit. Makes 'em all look like a bunch of pansies.

Boksic (sp?) looked good this morning. I now understand all the hub-bub.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This morning's games

Liverpool were not exactly thoroughly convincing, but their shape is excellent and they hold on to possession well.

Arsenal weren't exactly convincing either. 4-0 was harsh, and could they have given Bergkamp any more room to finish, although he finished very well.

That was never a penalty though. Outrageous dive! Players should be suspended for a game for that shite, if video evidence can prove it after the fact.

C*ntbell looked ok I guess. Needs more match fitness. I hope he has lots of injury problems (and his agent as well) and his game suffers

As far as I'm concerned The Arse can all go and fcuk themselves!

In gold or otherwise.

Daz:D

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch attack

Quite a start in the Premiership for the Dutch National (and former national)players. Berkemp 2, van Nistlerooy 2, Zenden 1.

Christ , with all this talent giving lessons in their backyard you would think the English would learn how to put the ball in the net once in a while.

Cheers,

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane

Fastshow,

Not only is Keane overrated, he is a fcuking clown. Spends more time intimidating the officials, headhunting talented players and taking stupid penalties. It is a shame that with the influx of quality European talent they still have players like that. Shocking.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pants....

Went to Craven Cottage to see Fulham vs. Derby County today on a day that was so fcuking hot it deserved to be at the Kamloops tournament, not south-west London...... Despite admitting to be a 'boro supporter (7 against, 0 for) I can safely say that today's 'clash' was tantamount to watching the Tug Boat Annies of the VMSL Div.2 play the bloody shitebag Meralomas. Perhaps that's being a wee bit unkind to the Tuggers. Craven Cottage is lovely though still terraced and full of annoying and sweaty London twats (surprisingly enough) but both sides should struggle this season if there is any justice in the world. Seth Johnson is someone who deserves a shout with the England set-up nevermind the fact he plays for a side whose home support arrive on tractors. He ran miles today in a side severely lacking in any kind of colour without Ravanelli and an off form Kinkladze and, in a country hopelessy lacking in said department, he's left footed and hard as fcuk.

Found a flat today in SW6 and got the mother of all sunburns, Fastshow..

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow's sad life

Fasty,

As Nickel said, everyone at the Lomas has pretty much forgotten your existence. When we see your sad references in here across all threads, we have to think pretty hard to remember who you are.

And then we just have a chuckle and move on and you're forgotten once again until the next, pathetic reference.

As I said before, it's been great since we told you to fcuk off!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of crap teams

There appears to be a lot of shite teams this year. If Fulham and Derby were as bad as Scoop Ascough said, they can be added to a list that includes Leceister, Middlesborough(sp?), Charlton, Southampton, and for that matter my team, Tottenham. There seems to be a bigger gap now than in previous years between the top teams and the rest of the league. Sad really.

Fasty, how much did it cost to watch the Fulham/Derby match?

Captain

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jaap Stam

What does everyone make of the whole Jaap Stam bombshell today? Seems like a total surprize to me. If you had told me three weeks ago that United would sell him so early in the season, and in the middle of all of their apparent defensive shortcomings, I would have been shocked, and I am now.

Even though Ferguson is vigorously denying it, it has to be about Stam's autobiography and the fact that he mentioned in it how Man U had made an illegal approach to him when he was still a PSV player. Personally, I think that even despite his unbelievable success, Ferguson has become too big for the club. All the hoohah in the summer about the club not offering him a good enough deal when he finishes this season, or whatever it was, and now this episode, where he is clearly covering his ass.

Man U will probably be regretting not having renewed their bidding for Rsol Cnutbell since prior to Xmas. With Wes Brown on the up last year alongside Stam, I'm sure that was a consideration in not persuing Cnutbell anymore.

They say they have someone lined up, so who is it? 35 Year old Laurent Blanc?

Anyway, all this turmoil at Old Trafford is refreshing!

Your thoughts gentleman (and Man U supporters as well),

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more...

Dazza,

You're absolutely right. It is refreshing to see this group of over inflated egos start off in turmoil. I really couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, especially their fcuking wanker of a captain who is questionable for England's big match against the square heeds. :)

As for our lot, things are not looking much better. Apparently, everyone in the press is ripping Hoddle ( possibly for good reason) for all the fossils he has on the squad and their particular style of play..... What are your thoughts on Spurs' situation?

As for the United fans, tough luck on a brutal start.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts