Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
successor

Hed,

For my money, which, fair enough, there isn't a lot of, Martin O'Neill is the perfect replacement for Sir Alex, a manager who, despite his fantastic success, is overrated to a certain extent. O'Neill has proven without a doubt that he can manage rubbish (Leicester City) and would probably see Man. Ure. as the only side big enough to leave Celtic for. Because, like Tom Larscheid on Canucks radio, I possess the uncanny ability to read people's minds and then tell the world what they're thinking. ...

Peter Risdale won't let David O'Leary go and I simply cannot see a foreigner fitting in at Old Trafford.

I'd love to see Bryan Robson go there, that'd fcuk them up...

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty,

Thanks for your mo' money suggestion. I would agree O'Neill seem logical, but what the feck are the rumours that Cantona will act his way back to Old Trafford?

us Thespians are not amused!:rolleyes:

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
quoi?

Where'd you hear such nonsense, Hed? Cantona?I know he's said he'd like a pop at management but he's also spoken liberally about seagulls and trawlers so what he says should be taken with a semi-articulated lorry full of salt. I'd love to see him go there, though. Bryan Robson could be his assistant.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
new boy

Allan Johnston is now a Middlesbrough player after moving for £600,000. He can't be any worse than the shower we've got already.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weekend's games - and FSWC's coverage

Fasty,

I watched the Charlton v Fulham game live yesterday, right after seeing the Yids beat Southampton 2-0 (sweet finishes by Ziege and Davies). It's the first time I've really seen Fulham, and I was really impressed with the way they stroked the ball around. Very attack-minded, and seem to be able to turn any bit of possession in the opposing half into a dangerous attack in no time at all.

What is the deal with Tigana? Is that a lolly pop stick in his mouth all the time or a tooth pick? Just curious.

Overall, the extra coverage on the new Fox Sports World Canada channel is awesome. A double header Saturday, and a double header Sunday. Not to mention regular Sky Sports News and the Sky Premiership highlights show for an hour on Sunday evening.
There is so much soccer on now that it's a case of having to be selective in what you watch.

The world is getting smaller all the time - I fcuking love it!!!

Daz:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dodgy

Quite why Jean Tigana's eating practices interest you I shudder to think but, for what it's worth, I think you'll find it's a lolly he's got shoved in his gob. The fact he still can't speak English and has yet to conduct a press conference in this country is something old Fayed wants to sort out. I hope you weren't subjected to the same Sky commentary I was yesterday, Andy Gray and some walking lobotomy so full of gushing praise for Fulham you'd half think he'd prefered to have been in Tigana's mouth instead of the offending lolly. They got a point at Charlton for fcuk's sake, a side decimated by injuries and lacking anything remotely interesting or tasty in footballing terms. It should have been a peno when Saha almost had any chance of ever siring a legacy ruined by Charlton's handsome keeper, however. 2-1 Fulham would have been fair.

Best of luck being selective with your telly, Fastshow.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blanc was brutal!

It is so nice to see ManU get kicked all over the park. 4-3 defeat to the boys from the North. Blanc was burned for the 4th goal. The 4th goal! Where was he for the other 3?! 3rd goal he was standing on the 6 yard line as the Newcasltle player ran in and pounded it home. He isn't a bandaid, he's a piece of thread; makes no difference if he's there or not.
The ManU mystic is over.
4 goals against. Aren't the 2 Frenchmen supposed to be some of the best (aside from Maldini) players in their respective postions?
But 4 goals against?!
I'm sure Jim Rome could go on and on...........

A great day in English football.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're gonna love this one, Captain

Finding himself through on goal, the Irish striker went to ground as Kiely threw himself at his feet.

But instead of pointing to the spot, the referee booked Keane for diving.

The match report from the BBC

Robbie Keane must have read Ghostrider's views on diving and decided that it was the way to go...

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greatest Manchester United

Did anyone see the goal by ronnie johnson just now in the game on sportsnet. If you did the linesman made a great call. Holly fukc that was ballsy to call what you can't see. Stanger things have happened at Old Trafford.

Sir Alex has only started 2 starters (Bartezand Keane, who doesn't deserve to play after last weeek) and they look good. Must be nice to have that kind of team as your bench.

Score is now 2-0 for the super reds.

thatballdidntloookinbutwewilltakeit.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Troubles for Liverpool and England.....

Fcuk.

From Sporting-Life.com:

A scan on Michael Owen's hamstring injury has confirmed the Liverpool striker will miss England's final World Cup qualifier against Greece at Old Trafford on October 6.

The scan revealed a slight tear in the hamstring in Owen's left leg and means Liverpool's top scorer could miss six crucial matches for his club.

It was not the diagnosis that manager Gerard Houllier wanted to hear - he had hoped the injury would only be a pull - but it is certainly not as serious as some of Owen's previous injuries to the same muscle.

However, any hope that England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson might have had of his leading forward being fit to face the Greeks has now gone.

England, riding high after four Owen goals in their last two qualifiers, need to win at Old Trafford to make sure they top their qualifying group and reach next summer's World Cup finals without having to resort to the play-offs in November.

Houllier said: "Michael had a scan first thing this morning and it has revealed a small tear in the hamstring on his left leg.

"It means he will be out for at least three weeks."

And with Liverpool loathe to rush their prize asset back into action too soon and risk the possibility of him breaking down again, it appears Owen will not feature for club or country for the next month.

The loss to Liverpool is therefore considerable. Houllier said after the 1-0 win over Tottenham that perhaps Owen would be back in time for the Premiership game at home to Leeds on October 13, but that is now not an option.

The striker will miss both Champions League games with Dynamo Kiev - at Anfield next Wednesday and away on October 16 - as well as domestic games with Leeds, Newcastle and Leicester plus the Worthington Cup tie at home to Grimsby.

A provisional return date could be the Champions League tie away to Boavista on October 24, or the Premiership game at Charlton the following Saturday.

Then Liverpool would only have one Champions League first-round group game - at home to Borussia Dortmund - remaining.

Houllier, keen to avoid putting a date on the player's return, added: "The first few days are extremely important to the overall treatment of such injuries.

"And we will be in a better position to judge his recovery time once that has elapsed."

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk and double fcuk

Well fcuk my old boots does that mean Andy Cole will get:mad: the call-up?

Ask Shearer, ask me, hell ask Goeff Hurst, ask any fcuker, anyone except Andy Cole.

hedKandi

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bolton upset

big Bolton victory over Man Utd. anyone out there see this game? fantastic to see things open up a little more these days with several teams in contention. looking forward to see how the mighty Spurs will do tomorrow in Newcastle after such a dominating performance on Monday against Derby.

i was at a The Den watching Millwall scrape a point out of a classy Nottm Forest team by scoring to tie 3-3 deep into extra time. It was all Claridge. The man is truly ageless. Too bad the rest of Millwall are less than par. Nottm were all class in attack, with some good support from Canadian international Jim Brennan at left-back. 3 goals from Trinidadian Stern John, two seagull-types, but his second was stupendous. enjoyed being in the crowd during Millwall's "No one likes us" chant.

max
outandabout

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs v Newcastle

Max,

I too am eagerly anticipating the Newcastle v Spurs game tomorrow. It's on FSWC at 6am. They thoroughly dominated that game on Monday. Even "nutter" Freund looked like a playmaker.

Saw the first half of the Media Utd v Bolton game and then had to go to work. I know Man U rested a few, but they are a wee bit leaky at the moment.

dazlookingforwardtoseeinghispursontellytomorrow

p.s Are you a Spurs fan then?

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mighty mighty Spurs

daz:

saw the Spurs last year demolish the Toons at White Hart Lane 4-2. what a fantastic game. yes i am a Spurs fan, and i'm looking forward to seeing them do it again today. glad that Kieron Dyer is still out of the lineup though. he is fcuking amazing. they are also going to have to watch that Lauren Robert on the left mid. he's a very impressive player too.

Spurs have been playing fantastic football this year, even in unfortunate losses to Liverpool and , ehhem, Man Utd. Cokcsuckers. good to see a team in the Premiership play simple passing football to break down the opposition. Derby looked like pylons. never thought I would say a word of praise for that water bug Taricco, he's no Carr and i can't forget the space he gave Litmanen against Liverpool, but he did play well on Monday. nice work from Freundkenstein even, at least he doesn't bung things up like Sherwood would.

max
willbewatchingthegamefrommylocal

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toon 0 Tottenham 2

Max, Limey, Boycs, Captain,

Nice win for the boys this morning. Came out very strong and thoroughly dominated the first half. Some of the football they are playing is exquisite. It is a real treat seeing Anderton and Sheri together again, and Ziege and Treacle on the flanks is awesome too. Not to mention a quickly developing central pairing of Richards and King (can't wait until he swipes Rsol's England spot).

Spurs sat back a bit in the second half but Newcastle rarely threatened Sully.

All round a great win!

Max, good to hear you are a Yid.

If you guys want a cool site to go to for Spurs news check this one out:

www.topspurs.com

It's the site of Jim Duggan, a season ticket holder since the 70s. His editorials are wicked, and he has some awesome stats as well.

Leeds v Chelsea had just started and I say, it looks like a bit of a spicy matchup.

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0