Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English First Division

Owl

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So who's going to be relegated with my lot and Forest?

I'd like to say Sheffield United, but I can't see it.

Palace'd be nice, though.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North End will. They drew 1-1 with the 'boro last night. Shows just how piss Preston are, really doesn't it?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It all starts tomorrow

Owl, Fasty and any other English first division supporters, who do you fancy being promoted to the EPL next year?

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very astute observation

Fasty,

Are they really that bad (Preston)? A 5-0 thumping on open day seems to say you're spot on.

I suppose we won't be seeing PNE on here anytime soon...

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes.

I like Coventry now they've got Lee Hughes as he's got to be the best striker not in the Premiership (apart from Chunder, of course), Man City have made some shrewd signings and are simply too big a club not to be in the top flight, and despite Vialli's renaissance at Watford, I like Milwall, Bradford, Birmingham, and Wimbledon to be vying for the playoff place. But what the fcuk do I know anyway? Not much, before you answer.

Owl

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please don't say EPL

"Premiership" is bad enough without having to North Americanise it.

Anyway, my picks for promotion are Man City and Coventry (automatic) and Bradford (play-off). That said, I think Wolves, Brum and Sheff. Utd. (and that hurts) will be there or thereabouts.

Going down? Rotherham, Crewe, Grimsby, Walsall, Forest and my lot. It'll be three from that bunch. Norwich could also struggle.

Relegation six pointer at Crewe this week, when my lot visit.

I'm quite miserable. Burnley at home and we decide to play one up front. I'm seriously contemplating supporting Leeds.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ginga

Gordon Strachan has been axed by Coventry City today after five years at the club. That fact that he's a short-arsed horrid little ginger jock had little to do with it, apparently. Despite having only one good player and selling Chris Kirkland to Liverpool, Hadji to Villa, John Hartson to Celtic and Craig Bellamy to Newcastle the fact Coventry City have always been rubbish is his fault exclusively. He'll be perfect for Middlesbrough or Rangers in a few weeks time when their respective seasons become unsalvageable.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday, 2 February, 2002, 18:57 GMT
Portsmouth 4-4 Barnsley

Portsmouth's Croatian star Robert Prosinecki scored a stunning hat-trick, only to see his team toss away a two-goal lead and two points to Barnsley.

Prosinecki's hat-trick had put Pompey in a commanding position and they appeared to be cruising at 4-2 with the clock counting down.

But the dismissal of Pompey defender Linvoy Primus with eight minutes left changed the game.

Chris Lumsdon reduced the advantage from the resulting penalty, and in injury time, veteran striker Mike Sheron salvaged a dramatic point for Barnsley to extend their unbeaten run to 11 matches.

Former Real Mardid and Barcelona star Prosinecki had opened the scoring in the third minute from the penalty spot after winger Courtney Pitt had been clumsily brought down in the area by right-back Dave Mulligan.

Dramatic finale

Lumsdon levelled the scores in the 16th minute with a fine individual goal, pulling the ball back on his left foot before curling a shot inside Dave Beasant's left-hand post.

Primus restored Pompey's lead four miniutes before the break, heading home Pitt's pinpoint cross, but Chris Barker levelled for the Tykes two minutes after the restart.

Prosinecki stamped his mark on the game on the hour, beating three defenders and even picking himself up from the floor (he stopped to do some push-ups) before drilling a low shot inside the right-hand post from the edge of the area.

And Prosinecki gave Portsmouth a two-goal lead eight minutes later, curling in a stunning free-kick from the edge of the area after he had ben fouled by Steve Chettle.

Primus's dismissal set up a dramatic finale, and after Lumsdon had reduced the arrears, Beasant did brilliantly to deny substitute Tony Bedeau in inury time.

But when Darren Barnard headed Lumsdon's cross back acrosss goal, Sheron reacted first to glance home a point-saving header.

Portmsouth: Beasant, Zamperini, Primus, Buxton, Crowe, Pitt (Hiley 85), Derry, O'Neil, Harper, Prosinecki, Crouch.
Subs Not Used: Tardif, Curtis, Mladen Rudonja, Lovell.
Sent off: Primus (84).
Booked: Crowe.
Goals: Prosinecki 5 pen, Primus 41, Prosinecki 61, 69.

Barnsley: Miller, Mulligan, Barker, Chettle, Morgan, Donovan (Bertos 72), Gary Jones, Lumsdon, Barnard, Dyer (Bedeau 72), Sheron.
Subs Not Used: Marriott, Neil, Ward.
Booked: Lumsdon.
Goals: Lumsdon 16, Barker 48, Lumsdon 84 pen, Sheron 90.

Attendance: 12,756

Referee: P Prosser (Innsworth).

Not bad for a chain smoker.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For a First Division footballer , that was not bad. How come he is not good enough to play in a better team/division? Is he a fossil?

Curious Captain

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croation Mafia

Captain,

I asked the same question, "Why the fcuk would he go to Pompey?".

Answer: Croatian Mafia. Portsmouth FC's owner is an Anglo-Croat. Somewhat similar to a Scot-Croat, a very elite breed.

God Save the Queen......and Hrvatska.

Buckfastich

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheffield United 0-3 West Bromwich Albion - match abandoned

United's match with West Bromwich Albion this afternoon was sensationally abandoned with only 81 minutes played when United were left with only six players on the pitch.

Referee Eddie Wolstenholme sent off three Blades players and after Neil Warnock had used all three of substitutes, Michael Brown and Rob Ullathorne left the field injured.

Simon Tracey was sent off after just eight minutes when he handled outside the penalty area but the fireworks didn't start until the 62nd minute.

Derek McInnes had just put West Brom 2-0 ahead when Warnock introduced Georges Santos and Patrick Suffo - the last of his substitute options.

Within two minutes Santos received a straight red card for a tackle on Andy Johnson and in the ensuing melee Suffo also got his marching orders for appearing to aim a headbutt at McInnes.

Brown, who had been booked on 60 minutes, could have been sent off minutes later for another foul on McInnes, but the referee thought a free-kick was sufficient punishment.

However, on 79 minutes Brown left the field, appearing to be injured, whilst two minutes later Ullathorne was helped off by physio Dennis Pettitt after falling in the penalty area.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad sad Gazza

Sunday, March 17, 2002
From Turin to Turf Moor for Gazza

Paul Gascoigne, who famously shed tears in Turin, will end his playing days in England at Turf Moor after joining First Division Burnley for the rest of the season in a deal that will net him £200,000.

He came to fame a crybaby...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts