Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

England's Euro 2004 Good Luck Thread

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having been on TTP in its' different incarnations for slightly over 27 years now, I feel it safe to say the overwhelming majority of TTP's membership is desperate for England to do well in Euro 2004.

While there is a small contigent of troglodytes who besmirch the good name of God's country, it is rather obvious to anyone with a degree of nous and common sense such people are simply envious, eaten up by their insecurities and weighed down by the leaden chips on their shoulders.

So, here's the thread in which to post your good luck messages for Stephen Ericksson's men in Portugal. We all want them to come home to Blighty with the Cup, I feel your words of support will inspire England to glory. So, what does England and wanting England to win mean to you? Everything, I'll bet.

I shall be making a special presentation on behalf of TTP to the head of the Football Association shortly before kick-off Sunday night against the shower-dodging French. This presentation will include all your thoughts and prayers for the lads collected from this thread and will involve me shoving the thread up my arse before setting myself alight. Emma Bunton from the Spice Girls will be providing the sonic accompaniment.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is something that's always coming up with my mates and me, most of whom, for my sins, are Scotsmen. At a BBQ last Saturday in Wood Green, North London, I actually met two Scotsmen, one from Aberdeen, t'other from Perth, who admitted, without being under the influence of anything other than bbq'ed lamb (baaaaaaa), that the Scottish dislike of the England national side was a misnomer and that enlightened types from North of the border (and they do exist, though I was surprised too) would choose England ahead of France and any other country in the Euros.

I always want the sweaties to win unless they're playing England. The fact they never do, unless it's against Iceland, is not something I'm willing to be accountable for. Unlucky.

Answer me this; do you feel you have more in common with a Frenchman than you do an Englishman?

If the answer to that is, yes (or 'oui', as it were) then may I offer you my condolences et vive la difference................

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow said:

I actually met two Scotsmen, one from Aberdeen, t'other from Perth, who admitted, without being under the influence of anything other than bbq'ed lamb (baaaaaaa), that the Scottish dislike of the England national side was a misnomer and that enlightened types from North of the border (and they do exist, though I was surprised too) would choose England ahead of France and any other country in the Euros.

I suggest that those two Scotsmen view Braveheart again, then they may be on side with the French.

FrenchFries on the menu on Sunday, leave your chips at home.

hos

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I'll defer to Christian Dailly on this one.

:rolleyes:

Come on England

You know, if that cnut actually said that, I would personally see to it that he got shot from the grassy knoll the next time he set foot on the soil at Upton Park.

The butterflies have started and its only Friday...

Cheers

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I'll defer to Christian Dailly on this one.

:rolleyes:

Come on England

Intelligence knows now borders.

It doesn't know HoS either.

Yes, Braveheart, that most Scottish of films. About as historically accurate as reading Dazza post about a football match. So Scottish, in fact, they couldn't find a Scotsman to play the role of the hirsute hero and, instead, traipsed off to Oz to find their Scotsman. Yes, they should watch Braveheart, you're right. Good one. You'll be suggesting Scotland hire a German to manage their national side next.....

While Dailly's on this charming PR offensive he should consider sending his good wishes to Millwall F.C. for next season's European adventure. That would go down like a lead balloon in East London as well. Scotland's captain plays in The Nationwide. Excellent.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On behalf of the Irish contingent on TTP, I hope your beloved team gets stuffed every game. God bless.

What time is Ireland's first game? I'll get me coat.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow said:
Intelligence knows now borders.

About as historically accurate as reading Dazza post about a football match. So Scottish, in fact, they couldn't find a Scotsman to play the role of the hirsute hero and, instead, traipsed off to Oz to find their Scotsman. Yes, they should watch Braveheart, you're right. Good one.

Ya Braveheart is not a very good film, what was the Academy thinking. At least it is not as bad as the most famous of English films, yes the James Bond crap, now there are some great pictures. It doesn't matter, I am sure if you walk into any pub in Scotland on sunday, you won't see very many punters cheering for jolly old England, and France is just the lesser of the two evils. Never speak bad about Braveheart again please, thanks, looking forward to the French stuffing your side on Sunday.

HOS, james hos

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Academy? Cheers for winning my argument for me. Hollywood and Brisbane know much of Scottish history, you're right.

This jingoism and xenophobia is silly and, as an obvious man of letters, I don't subscribe to it.

So, here's hoping tonight's match is a well-played spectacle and may the best team, the most enterprising side made up of men for whom the word fear is uknown, win.

Come on England, batter the cheating, garlic-bothering, shower-dodging, French twats. Je me souviens my arse.

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not have an opinion that reflects "Engerland" and "Good Luck" in the same sentence, phrase or thought. But you already knew that, right?

Vive the Auld Alliance!

Your mate always, Fastshow....Oor Wullie

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, yes I knew that. The fact you have few thoughts of any variety is also something that hasn't escaped my attention.

And you live in the bloody USofA. Fcuking outrageous, that. How you could do that to your daughter is beyong me, something should shop you to social services for child abuse.

As I've said all along, the cnuting Germans will win Euro 2004.

Suppose you'd like that too would you?

Proudly Canadian, Fastshow.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow said:

Proudly Canadian, Fastshow.

Is that what Owen Harrgraves was saying yesterday too, hey Canada won 4-nil in their game.

Well, I don't think it is any consolation, but I am backing your England for the Croatia match, but not against the Swiss.

hos

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what Hargreaves had to say for himself, he didn't ring me last night.

Canada has a football team?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts