Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
This guys looks like @utah on a Friday night in the changerooms after a big win.

Or this new Whistler @Dude on a rare excursion down to van from his monastery in Shangri La enjoying the best Celebrities night club has to offer on a Tuesday night. Or the worst. Perspective is everything.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Monday, and we all know what Monday is? One more sleep till Tuesday.

Since we are still in COVID Restrictions, but also trying to open up the Province at the same time, and consistence with my allowance of @akslop 's display of his dirty wiener, I have allowed for the inclusion of - sigh- deluxe hamburgers to the Review.

Dropped by Splitz burgers this weekend. The sun was coming out, and it called for a nice drink and burger outside on the patio.

For the uninitiated, the Splitz experience is a burger reckoning. Walk in, and you look at the board in front of you. They have added some "Recipe" Burgers, but the idea is you build your own deluxe burger.

Me: Lamb, one patty, blue cheese, cheddar chees, bacon, Splitz sauce, hummus, sprouts (structural reasons, sprouts bind it all together, pro tip), pickles, jalapenos. Fries and deep fried pickles on the side. No gravy, I'm watching my calories. That said, my daughter got herself the poutine, and I ate half.

First off, this aint a cheap experience. By the time you dress it up, add in fries, and get the deep fried pickles, you are into it for about $25.00.

For me, always a bit of a religious experience. Really, you can't eat like this all the time. Or I can't. But for the past three years, I've rewarded my R2S efforts (which would have happened on this weekend, Saturday) with a Splitz the next day and a chocolate milk-shake. After the Ironman in 2016, I think I went 5 days in a row.

Some downside...price. Actually, that's it. Good vibe, good people, making some great combos. Licenced, so you can wash it down with a beer. Or, take it home, wash it down with a nice Riesling. Note: first photo is my actual, the second one is a dressed up photo for ad purposes. Also, that's massive. Definitely a big day appetite type of burger.

Burger: 4.5/5 toothpicks. Would have been 4.75 except for price.
Deep fried pickles: 5/5. Perfect. Unreal.
Milkshake: 4.75/5 cherries.

Now that the Mayor has announced we are welcoming the unwashed from Vancouver, you can come up and give it a try. Let me know, I'll meet you for a burger and beer, or not, if I have something better to do, which is likely.

Attachments

• Splitz 1.jpg
    Splitz 1.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Splitz 2.jpg
    Splitz 2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 16

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Riesling?

A guy from Kamloops (Close to Sun Peaks) asked for that in my house once and almost got thrown out of it.

But, cool burgers though and review thereon.

I have a good reason. Riesling and ice cream create amorous feelings in Mrs. Dude. Otherwise, probably a nice cold Chardonnay or a glass of #don'tcarefcukoffimbusy would do.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Warm muggy day sitting outside? Think I'm going to go to my favorite red at this point? No. There are few things more refreshing than a nice cold glass of white while enjoying the fruits of my labour, while trying to push down the panic and foreboding feelings COVID brings. Yes, I drink to supress fear. What?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's this wonderful stuff called 'beer' you might like.
Its amazing served super cold.

I don't know if drinking suppresses fear, but it's known to make your balls larger at times.
So I guess in your case it would suppress fear, given you drink Riesling.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's this wonderful stuff called 'beer' you might like.
Its amazing served super cold.

I don't know if drinking suppresses fear, but it's known to makes one's balls larger at times.
So I guess in your case it would suppress fear, given you drink Riesling.

My 20 pandemic pounds tell me I know all about this liquid you call "beer". Also, it was in the fridge. A Riesling (or Chardonnay, but Mrs. Dude doesn't put out for Chardonnay) was a very appropriate choice at the time.

I don't have to explain things to you. You aren't my dad. I can be who I want, when I want.

I hate you.

I HATE YOU!!!

Sorry, I love you.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh gawd. It was New Zealand lamb, FFS.

What is this, RF's Wine Review and Emasculization thread?

No? Didn't think so.

At first I was equal parts excited and eager to read @Dude’s latest review involving a deluxe hamburger, but it was also at this point in time I was left bitterly disappointed as Whistler Dude seemed to strike again by taking over the remainder of the review.

Reisling and lamb? What’s next a champagne and charcuterie board review? Or perhaps a hard seltzer with some caviar?

What happened to the good ol days of crushing pints and double stacked mozzarella bacon burgers boys? I remember back in the day when dude hung me up on a coat hanger in the changeroom during half time of a game and left me out to hang until the final whistle then proceeding to teach me a lesson in quarters, I think whistler dude would be too afraid of breaking a nail to do that now.

Aerosmith summed it up perfectly with that hit song, how did it go again? Ah yes, something to the tune of “Woah, Dude looks like a lady”

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.....they are also a top cocktail bar. You should come, Utah. I like tail, you like cokc. Butch and Cassidy ride again!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts