Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

thebat-man

Dec 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
you cannot finish an entire sandy in one sitting

I beg to differ. My brother and I have both been able to finish one of his sandwiches in one sitting at seperate occasions. No, we are not large people, in fact I am very skinny. I was just hungry I guess. You don't feel too well afterwards though.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
pulled pork sandwich at Memphis Blues. Everything there rocks, especially the Platters - but those are not sandwiches.

On the food topic, my favorite burger joint is finally about to re-open: Moderne Burger. They have been doing a reno for 9 months. I am Jonesing for one of their burgers, fries with special dipping sauce and chocolate malt milk shakes:knvb:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes- Memphis Blues is worth the trip out. Money. Not really a sandy, as stated, but it qualifies due to the bread. It is a greasy, runny, hugely proportioned mound of tender shredded pork. Eating just one costs you a 267 days off your life.

4.25/5 toothpicks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well well...

Stopped in at a little, not very well known joint tonight for a late evening snack...

CARNEGIE Delicatessen & Restaurant

That's right. Right here down on 7th Ave, NYC. In town for a big tradeshow, and the Carnegie happens to be right next door to our hotel, the Park Central.

It was like 10:00 or something, just after witnessing NY Giants beat GB on an overtime field goal, at the Tonic Sports Bar. Wild.

Back to the sandy...

I decide that amongst their massive menue, to go for the tried and true: NY's Best Corned Beek. Cost me $15.45, taxes in. Two monster galic pickles.

I shite you not, this thing is 6" OD, outside rye to outside rye. The rye itself is maybe 1/4" thick each. Maybe. So, we're talking nothing but 5.5" of thin, fatty corned beef. Quality. It has been an hour, and the meal has helped set on a migrane, but I'm finishing this ****er if it kills me.

Going back tomorrow for the brisket.

4.995 tothpicks / 5.

~NYC Dude.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Carnegie is good... but for the ultimate NYC Deli experience, go to Katz Deli (the infamous home of the "orgasm scene" from When Harry Met Sally.

205 E Houston St (pronounced HOW-STUN... NOT like the city in Texas)

It has not been updated or renovated for 2 decades, but it all adds to the atmosphere of this world reknowned eatery.

Get the Pastrami... and thank me later.

Looking forward to your installment tomorrow... :D

Katz's Delicatessen New York

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure you can thrw a stone anywhere on any street down here and hit a great deli.

Pretty sad...I land in one of the greatest citys in the world, and the first thing I do of significance is get a sandi.

I'm braving the train this morning to Long Island- should be interesting. I hope they have sandwiches.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delaney's was a quality joint.

The one in Surrey.

Another Carnegie midnight snack. Brisket. Good, but not superb. I guess I had my hopes up, considering I've had some pretty fine brisket experiences in my young life. That being said, the pickles were fan-fcuking-tastic. 4.0 toothpicks, plus a 0.25 bonus for wicket garlic pickles. 4.25 / 5 toothpicks.

Going tomorrow to the joint across the street for pastrami and eggs. Expecting big things.

PS: Had the pulled pork for lunch at Big Ed's Bar-B-Q. Great food, but small portions. I thought I was in America for cnut's sake. Normally would get a 4.75, but I'm docking Big Ed a full point for low quantity. 3.75 / 5 toothpicks. And get this...big Ed wasn't even there. Bunch of fcuking liars these New Yorkers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
La Charcaturie

Finally stopped by today.

First off, the proprietor (what's his name again?) is a fcuking pig. Absolutely hillarious. Made a joke about his Pakistani ex girlfriend being so hairy he thought he was fcuking her brother Ahmed.

The sandwich...damn big. Told him I was a virgin, so he made me his own special creation.

This thing is a monster. I've attached a picture next to my coffee mug) to give you an idea of scale. This is only half. The other half is consumed.

On the taste...no shortage of meet on that baby, that's for sure. Could use some hot mustard, capers, and garlic pickles, but it is certainly more than worth the $6.50.

Taste...very good, not outstanding. It ain't no hot pastrami, but very good. Solid 4.25 / 5 toothpicks, but .70 bonus for atmosphere. 4.95/5 corrected score.

I'll go back now, and really challenge him to satisfy me now that I know what this place is all about.

Attachments

• La Caracature3.JPG
    La Caracature3.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 173

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
La Charcaturie

Finally stopped by today.

First off, the proprietor (what's his name again?) is a fcuking pig. Absolutely hillarious. Made a joke about his Pakistani ex girlfriend being so hairy he thought he was fcuking her brother Ahmed.

The sandwich...damn big. Told him I was a virgin, so he made me his own special creation.

This thing is a monster. I've attached a picture next to my coffee mug) to give you an idea of scale. This is only half. The other half is consumed.

On the taste...no shortage of meet on that baby, that's for sure. Could use some hot mustard, capers, and garlic pickles, but it is certainly more than worth the $6.50.

Taste...very good, not outstanding. It ain't no hot pastrami, but very good. Solid 4.25 / 5 toothpicks, but .70 bonus for atmosphere. 4.95/5 corrected score.

I'll go back now, and really challenge him to satisfy me now that I know what this place is all about.

that looks like the drapes that used to dance in my face at the Barnet!:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update: I am nearly finished this sandwich. That being said, I started at 11:30.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info dude...I have been meaning on getting out to Port Kells to check this out...

Just because it is a big sandwich...does not make it a good sandwich...

Hey...ya got any recomendations for sandwiches out in the Tilbury area? Nothing but crap out there!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely...

Drive to the 99, North, connect to over to Vancouver, right on Marine, left on Oak, and up to about 49th area, watch out for Kaplan's Deli, left hand side.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Think that I can make it there and back in about 5 mins? Ah fcuk em! I am out of here! Gotta eat!!

Thanks Dude!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0