Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's "How to Shrink Images for Dummies"

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Step 1:
Open your fat, hog-like image in your image editor of choice. You must be able to resize and if also possible, save at various levels of quality.

You'll have to work out the idosyncricies of your selected software, but there should be some sort of image size option in the menu.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Step 2:
You may resize it using exact pixel size, but I find reducing it as a percentage allows you keep better image quality. That is, reducing by increment of 10% keep the image smoother, while, say, making the image 59 pixels smaller in height will give you some fcuked up percentage and make the image all jagged and ugly.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Step 3:
You may have to play around with the numbers, but soon you'll get used to the sizes necessary to keep under the 25kb limit.

However, the more colours that are present in the photo, the larger the image (memory) size will be. In those cases, it may be unrealistic to shrink the image to a size of 10x10 pixels -- it may be under the 25k limit, but it'll be so small that you won't be able to see it.

In these cases you'll have to also rely on saving at various quality levels (Adobe software is good for this). Choose "Save as.." when you're done shinking the dimensions and this should pop up the Save Options box.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Step 4:
As you can see, saving this image at a level of 8 will give you an image 26.4k in size -- too big (ignore the second set of numbers; they are just the time in seconds it'll take to download on the net). Therefore, we reduce the quality level to 5. This way the quality is high as possible without going over the 25k limit.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are additional ways to get around, but I suggest you enroll in some remedial computer course at your local vocational college -- I've seen some programs on the back of match books that may be able to help. ;)

This better have been helpful; if not you can go fcuk yourself. ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts