Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to Dude’s very own DH / Freeride thread! No skinny guys w/ tight pants allowed (that’s you, cross-country boy)! This thread is only for adrenaline junkies riding big bikes who hate to ride up hills, look for the big hucks, and take the fastest lines! This thread is not for the faint of heart!

BC is known worldwide for having the most difficult and extreme trails, located right here on the North Shore. Several other areas of the Province are catching up, including Whistler, Sun Peaks, Kamloops, Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Revelstoke, Fernie, and parts of Vancouver Island. I understand that even Hemlock is hosting a Canada Cup this season.

As a result, we are producing the best “Extreme” freeriders and downhillers in the world. Dave Watson, Richie Schley, Wade Simmons, Andro Shandro, and more are the worlds most sought after riders for filmmaking…all local products! Simply put, when riders come up here from California thinking they know it all, they quickly get new assholes ripped for them courtesy of us local boys (and girls)!

Do you race? What’s you favorite run? Have any good stories to share? Here’s the place.

My favorite place to ride last year was the Whistler Bike Park, followed closely by Sun Peaks. Why? They have an amazing network of runs built up, all from “single square” to “double black diamond” levels of difficulty. What makes them so much better than North Shore classics like “Ladies Only” and “Boogie Man”? Well, the chair lifts. The riding is up to the same level of difficulty, with some great hucks and drops…and you can get in as many runs as you sled and body will handle, all day!

I'd like to post photos, but all of mine seem to big. Maybe Regs can help me figure out how to shrink them???
:confused:

C

crazygreek

Oi. I busted my nuts! Ouch!

I finally took this 6 foot gap jump at the shed, I cleaned it but when I hit, my balls slapped the seat so hard I broke my seat, but more importantly I broke my nuts!!!!! Or atleast it felt that way! I may not be able to sit on a bike seat for a long while! Anyhow, I ride a 2002 Norco Launch, damn killer bike. The set up was awesome from the get go, I only got rid of the crappy Kenda tires, but otherwise the bike is great. It has awesome acceleration, and most importantly, it comes with point and shoot technology. If you have steel for balls, you just point and shoot, the bike does the rest. Nice all around. By the way Meade is a wanker....oooo my shoulder hurts, I can't ride for 6 months......lol.
Is it a bird, is it a plane? No! It is crazygreek hucking off a 15 footer....respect!:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You cnut.

That was pretty fast. The CD store must be slow.:rolleyes:

For that comment, I may move up my projected debut this weekend. I may just take you down boogieman and treat you to some rockface love. No more excuses when riding with me, bitch!

Actually, I think I'll start up again on Ned's. A little tamer, but some good ladders and hucks built in. One really good 10 footer that looks more like a pit. The guy riding in front will just disappear out of site! When riding it the first time, it simply scares the shite out of you. Slight downhill transition though, and long run-up. I've landed it front first a couple of times, but nothing the Boxers can't handle.

May 25th: Whistler! Back to the scene of the crime!

C

crazygreek

you beeatch

titlepic.jpg
That is me at Whistler, hucking a 6 footer, pics never do it justice. Peace out
CG

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If that's you (too skinny), it would be you riding down the kids bunny hill. :eek:

Once you start comming with me on MY rides, you'll have no more excuses. No more Story Boy to bail you out, and let you ride SFU YET AGAIN! It will be North Shore...every fcukling ride!

Just be sure to take your own car...I don't need your ballgravy dripping all over my seats. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't need your ballgravy dripping all over my seats.
Now there's a thought. :rolleyes: If this is what happen's when you buy shin and elbow pads and your balls gow 4x bigger.....

Back to the water shed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now now Greek. Gotta be somewhat honest here on TTP. Otherwise, someone who knows you may post an actual photo of you passed out on the lawn @ New Years, slobbering all over yourself.

:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Bull

The first real freeride competition, The Red Bull Rampage, is the new big hit event on the horizon. Some of the best- Shaums March included- opted out on the first day after seeing some of the line these guys were taking. Local boy Wade Simmons won...proving why he's the best freerider in the world!

Red Bull Videos

Red Bull Pix

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
from a daring TTPer Chick

Hey Jude ,
You're probably not interested in hearing my tales and adventures, but I will sit back and enjoy this thread as much as the next guy.:cool:

Most memorable moment: riding "Boogie Man" and coming up short on a boulder. While "coming to", I found a nasty teeth mark impression on my lower back. Let's just say, the 'crank' won the battle that day~ :rolleyes:

Favourite runs, Mt. Seymour, but willing to explore~ :D

I'm a technical/maneuver'er type rider - right Notty?

+SCcanbefoundpracticingonBIGstairsandconstructionsites;)

It's all about the mouth guard for me:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most memorable moment: riding "Boogie Man" and coming up short on a boulder. While "coming to", I found a nasty teeth mark impression on my lower back. Let's just say, the 'crank' won the battle that day

Are you sure this isn't what happened on your date Friday night?:D :rolleyes:

Hey, if you can freeride, your welcome on this thread. No cross country riders allowed though!:mad:

Dude- freeridegestapo

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistler

Dude sailing down the rock face at the end of "Upper Joyride", Whistler. This is where I'm taking you on the 24th, Greek!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistler II

The huck just after the "Teeter Slaughter", Upper Joyride. This is the scene of the crime...on my 8th run of the day (4th on this trail) last July. I clipped the tree on the left on take-off. Result: separated shoulder upon sideways landing. If you don't hit this clean...look out below!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistler III

Upper Joyride- Rock Face slide. This one can be seen as you go up the Gondola- directly under the lift. No big deal- just hit it straight, and be prepared to lose your stomach a little.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Evening rides

Hey Greek...are you and Story getting out any evenings this week? Where at?

I'll be ready to go by Tuesday, next week. :eek:

C

crazygreek

Oi!

Dude, I crashed yesterday, pretty bad, my achilles is so sore, hope it is ok! I attempted the 6footer at the bottom of nicoles and landed awkward on my right foot. Result out indefinitely, till doctor report!!!!fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts