Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does No mean No or does it mean keep trying?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a conversation with a friend at a party on Friday. The subject we discussed was No and it's meanings. I tried to say that girl can say no to a guy and it can mean 1 of 3 things.

1. No. Not if you were the last man on earth .
2. No. But keep trying.
3. No. not right not but maybe later.

It's all a matter of inflections and facial display etc. Version 1 is normally said fairly loudly in an unsmiling manner with a quick turn and walk away. Version 2 is normally said with a smile and flirty voice with a bit of a tilt of the head, if you know what i mean. they also tend to continue the conversation and don't walk away after the question. Version 3 is normally said early in the evening, laughingly with a bit of a wink or touch. There are other meanings of NO but shall not get into this at this point, the main one being the No that is a yes.

I don't really understand why but she seemed to think that no means no. Am i wrong on this subject or what. Is she being naive? Maybe i'm just an insensitive male. Not sure what do you think?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any time a girl says no I take that as a no or, in the case of you're 2nd and 3rd scenarios, a non-starter. Not sure how pressing your case is ever can be a good thing for either getting laid or of even increasing her interest in you. Its all about class. If she says no, its time to move on, buddy.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I had a conversation with a friend at a party on Friday. The subject we discussed was No and it's meanings. I tried to say that girl can say no to a guy and it can mean 1 of 3 things.

1. No. Not if you were the last man on earth .
2. No. But keep trying.
3. No. not right not but maybe later.
Not sure what do you think?

One more I think...if she says "No", and immediately yawns, you can bet she's lying...unless of course she is just bored... :eek:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the way i would take the no answer. I have had this conversation with a few girls before and they seemed to think that no was an acceptable way to let someone know they are somewhat interested.?? I was confused but after they explained their reasoning i understood them. If I'm told No i myself would move on as nothing good can come from beating a dead horse as it may be. I have been given the #3rd no before and asked afterwards "why didn't you talk to me ?". But whatever. There is never a time to try and press the issue though unless it's twins. With twins it's always better to have tried and failed than to not have tried.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me the politically correct one ('cause I seem to be :rolleyes: and since Fastshow isn't around to do it for himself), but I can't believe this a thread.

Is there smiley shaking his head with his hand clutching his forehead?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think this is bad, have you seen LVL's "Sid" thread yet? Even worse, take a wander over to the FVSL side of things once in a while. That said, how old are the Olsen twins now anyway?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OD.
You might. I was fairly intoxicated at the time. Quite frankly when i was sober in the Beer Garden the next day I was quite happy i didn't go near that swamp donkey. Ask Dith. He knows what I'm talking about. JJ's in Kamloops. Quite frankly it was shoc-king. And i was to for talking to her although i was attemting to wingman for a buddy. He got nowhere. Thank God i did too.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Call me the politically correct one ('cause I seem to be :rolleyes: and since Fastshow isn't around to do it for himself), but I can't believe this a thread.

Is there smiley shaking his head with his hand clutching his forehead?
This thread is screaming out for some sort of salad-dodging French hippie bitch not wearing a bra, hanging a poster a lamp-post post innit? Somehow it wouldn't seem out of sort to include Jesus on some type of motorized bicycle with no seat riding down a bumpy hill.

And midgets. Can't forget the midgets.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread is TTP's best parody of the Tom Lykus Show, or...maybe it's what Kobe was thinking the day after.

Thus, you've forgotten choice #4:

4. Yes, but after tomorrow I'll say what I really said was "No," and I plan to sue you for half of your worth.

But seriously...someone's got to put the boots to this thread before someone writes something that is totally inappropriate. My wager is that it will happen by the time HOS finds this thread.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If she says no, move on. You accomplish two things: one, you avoid all sorts of potential problems and challenging situations. If No means no, then you're only asking for trouble. If no really means yes, then you have to buy too many drinks.

Move on. If the bird really meant "yes", then you've taught the bitch a lesson. Fcuking mind games...

BTW: if she says "Yes", and it works out, don't spend more than two bits on the ring. Trust me, she'll get you back when the time comes to buy the fancy-dancy new-fangled washing machine on the market...

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude-you truly are a piece of work! ;)

Women tend to generally know right at the moment they meet a guy if they're willing to sleep with them or not so if it's not looking good and not sounding so good chances are you're staying home with the econo sized Vasaline!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

It's funny how similar women really are to men.

Men also know right at the moment they meet a woman if they're willing to sleep with them or not. In fact, many men can even make that decision long before they meet them -- sometimes from a long distance away, from a passing car, across the street, or even from a photograph or poster.

And women say men are never in touch with their feelings. :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts