Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone care?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With it being June and all...and not having the Canucks in the finals, does anyone care that the Stanley Cup Final starts tonight?

Personally, I could care less who wins.
I am a hockey fan, in fact a hockey nut, yet I cannot see myself watching the game.
I would much rather get my sleep, so I can prepare to stay up and watch China vs Saudi Arabia!

Anyone else feel the same?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big time Zaurrini...

I'm not excited about this final at all... to be honest, I've lost a lot of interest in these playoffs since the 'Nucks were eliminated.

I suppose the World Cup and the upcoming TTP Golf Tourney may have a lot to do with this lack of interest :D

~TB.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:rolleyes:
I might watch it while sitting at a pub with four TVs (sound off of course):rolleyes:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season goes on way to long and now with the world cup going on I don't really care about watching this final.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree- the season has gone too long. They should consider starting 2 weeks to a month earlier, so the boys can wrap up in May.

I also can't bear to watch a European goalie become the first ever to be the starting goaltender for a Stanley Cup winner. That kills me. Hopefully, Irbe will shite the bed twice, let Detroit back in the series, and Morice will go to Kevin Weeks, who'll shut out the Wings 3 straight and take home the MVP. Weeks may be a soft, flaky liar, but he's OURS!

Anyhow, I'll be turning off my TV until September. Nothing good on- even at 4:00 AM.:eek:

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refs

F*cken refs ruin another game what like 17 calls its the CUP they gotta get their heads out of there ass canes should of had that well.....

CANES IN 5

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So who do they sign to replace him???????? Cujo, Belfour, Richter(sp)?????? Cujo has been offered $29 million over 3 years to stay with the Leafs, so how much will the Wing offer?

Heard Burke this morning........quite interesting as he spoke about a form of a cap coming in 2004. Basically he said that if you have a few guys making 8-9-10 million it will hurt you in trying to sign your middle and lower range guys. Should be interesting!

John

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For now. They acquired his rights, but he becomes unrestricted July 1st. I think he'd truly be whacked not to try and work out a deal with the Sharks, and they with him. I think it's a great fit!

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
he's unrestricted, and I cant believe that the line up for his services is very long given the shenannigans of last season. I think the Rangers are just glad to be rid of him.
He is a better fit out west

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sens......

What's the 'everyman's' version of what's happening with Ottawa in terms of their impending bankruptcy announcement? I've read the press reports and it doesn't sound good but are there any rumours on who, if anyone, might move in to save the relatively new franchise?

I think it would be a(nother) national disaster if we lost yet another Canadian side to obscurity or, even worse, the fcuking yank market which has saturated and bollocksed up our national game enough as it is. The Americanisation of the NHL has to end at some stage doesn't it? I live for rhetoric.

What's the socre on this back home?

Feeling patriotic because we're having a blizzard in Central London, Fastshow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I understand, they've filed- or are about to file- a bankruptcy proposal. My understanding is that this is the equivalent of operating out of Chapter 11.

So, I guess part of what happens is that major creditors will receive part of the assets of the club in this process, meaning Rod Bryden could lose control. One theory was that some of the major institutions pulled out of this financing plan after realizing the Sens only other option would be bankruptcy protection. This would, in theory, open the door to any buyer.

That's my limited understanding of it all, anyhow.

As far as the NHL viewpoint, I think they recognize that the state of the game right now can't afford to lose an otherwise healthy, competitive Canadian franchise. The Sens (like the current 'Nucks) are model franchises from the standpoint of payroll control, scouting, and management. Their current problems aren't traced back to any sort of mismanagement from the hockey operations, that's for sure.

It doesn't help that one of the major corporate partners in Ottawa was Nortel, either.

My gut feeling is that the NHL will fight tooth and nail to keep this franchise floating, and where it is. Besides, I don't think there are any interested parties out there who really want to buy an NHL team right now. With the CBA coming up, the immediate financial picture of all teams is about to get a lot worse, before it gets better. Expect the owners to take a hard stance on major changes that bring them back control, and profitability. I also think that contraction may be a good idea, but let's take out teams in markets that just haven't worked out- like Nashville.

I care,

Dude.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers........

Your musings make sense thought the one thing I find unbelievable, and it's no slight on you (for once) as I read something similar on the supposedly Canadian website mybc.com this morning, is that Canadians seem to be expected to know what yank 'Chapter 11' bankruptcy entails while being relatively clueless about similar legalities in their own country.

Fcuking Hollywood.

Who called the buffalo on Dude?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts