Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do Not Look At This Thread If You Taped The Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite the fact I know it was actually a difficult shot to hold onto,
and despite the fact he's the best keeper in the world,
It was great to see Kahn-Magnon fall flat on his face.

I'm a sadist.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice

Well done Brazil! A victory for footy that they won. Always good to watch. The Germans gave it a good go, but as I've said before, there is no substitute for skill and flair.

The second goal was a beauty and great to see a goal of that calibre in a WC Final.

dazwhojustlovesthebrazilianstyleofplay:D

p.s. Klose is the biggest cheat I've seen in a long time. Going down easily at every opportunity. Pathetic. He's obviously a Group Stages player (against nobody teams)

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams played some very entertaining football. Yes, even the Germans played with more style, they were a lot more exciting to watch then previous games.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rudi Völler was certainly right about one thing: the best team doesn't always win. :p

A lot of people were expecting a boring German side today, but I was glad to see them show everyone wrong. It was an excellent final -- fully living up to the spectacle it's supposed to be.

Although Germany controlled most of the first 50-60 minutes (apart from the last 2 of the first half), Brazil's only real weakness was dealing with crosses and clearances in their box. Unfortunately, Germany just didn't seem able to get the right balls sent in. Poor delivery on the whole from die Deutsche wingers.

Unlucky for Kahn, though. Only one mistake in the entire tournament and it was capitalized on in the worst way possible. Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to watch him game in and game out (on a side note, I thought the Turkish keeper was also fantastic and gave Kahn a good run for the Yashin Award -- I'd like to see more of him in the next few years).

Germany has a much brighter future than many people were predicting 2 years ago. Euro '04 will be a great event.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a great Final!!!

Fcuk!

Daz, agreed, Klose is a diver. I thought that he might have been subbed at half time. But I was fully entertained by both teams, and I believe that there was some doubt as to the outcome, until Kahn let loose the rebound to Ronaldo. This game could easily have gone the other way had Neuville's shot gone in. I thought Marcos had a fantastic game. To be fair to Brazil, the game could have gotten ugly for Germany had the ball gone in in the first half and not hit the crossbar.

Brazil are definately worthy champs - and Germany played a fantastic final to reach the runner's up spot.

Germany's best player on the night was Schneider. Too bad he'll be 32 in 2006. Result could have been much different had Germany had Ballack, Scholl, Deisler, & Nowotny available to play.

What could have been.

Oh well, Germany had a fantastic WC 2002!!!

mehmetwhocantwaitanother4yearsfortheworldcupindeutschland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts