Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 Divisions 3 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob

Come on man, they are only a second year team. Of course they don't know there is a net at the other end of the field.:rolleyes:

See you Saturday.

We haven't found the other end much either...but we're a first year team. We have however, found the back of our net a few times...or at least sent through other teams on clear breaks at least a half dozen times. I think most of these kids are colour blind :rolleyes:

Our team song:

Roses are grey,
Violets are grey.
I'm colour blind,
I see all things that way.

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too funny

I havent been this excited in playing a game since I was on the Maple Ridge Ramblers team.. having turf wars against the Pitt Meadow Marauders. Old basketball days...... gotta love em!!

Hey Guru, didnt you lose at home your first game? AND how can this so called goalie be the best up from first div if he has 20 Goals against...you guys must have a terrible defense! AND you only have 14 GF... dont you think you have no idea if there is a net on the other side....

Our GA is 6 and GF is 15, your telling me that your GA 20 and GF 14 is better than us???????? Explain PLEASE!!!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, I just posted that we have not seen the other net either:rolleyes:

And 9 of those goals came in the first two games!

The Guru wasn't in net until the second half of the second game. two goals against, one on a pk (Also stopped the second PK minutes later) and that was against the Rangers.

The Guru has 13 against in 8.5 games, two on pks and an own goal.

Each week is a new week...never know what's in store in this div. You tied Britania, we crushed them, you lost to Old Boys, we beat them as well. there is no rhyme or reason to anything in this div. we lost to NDU 2 weeks ago...4 goals against the Guru....I will take the blame for that one, but I also would like to apply Rule #1 from Page 1 post # 5:

1) Terrible reffing!

Our first home game was in Surrey against the Hollywood no stars. Real neanderthals on that squad. In the first minute they were chirping about haveing to play a bunch of kids. I wonder what they said about the kids from the Rangers who wallopped them 2 weeks later.

I never said our record was better than yours, only that it was not indicative of the way the games went. I think your team has reached it's potential and is now begining to realize it's not as good as it's record....Mmmmmm beer You're buyin' Right?

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He who losses buys the beer.

We only lost cause of the rust from the bye weekend and missing two key players.

I would prefer to see you guys at the top of the league, we've had terrible refs, havent we all, but we never make that our excuse. We're blaming pure laziness for our defeat last weekend.
We have been at the top of the league all year, and a nice change from stinking last year, every team we play wants to knock off the top and make sure their best is fielded, so im not sure if you compare to who won what and who lost when, every player and team sees improvement every week..its a given.

Im sure your a good goaltender, Im sure we'll have a beer together after the game, and im sure looking forward in seeing who has the explaining to do on monday!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It won't be TheRob. Well it might be, but not in this thread.;)

Guru,

Check your PM's and get back to me.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
where's the beef!?

I don't get it...there was no slag there?

I can't complain about the refs in many games. They have been decent in most. Just the one in Delta I was ticked aboot.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wcmid

Hey cmid , I thought you guys didn’t lose to 9th place teams, these were your own words. Even though it was 0 – 0 it still wasn’t a win. Looks like you guys have shite the bed for the second strait week.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wcmid

Originally posted by I_love_sheep
Hey cmid , I thought you guys didn’t lose to 9th place teams, these were your own words. Even though it was 0 – 0 it still wasn’t a win. Looks like you guys have shite the bed for the second strait week.

Well put, eye-luv-ewe ;)
The wind played a big part in the game....no control by either team. Both played like they should be in 4th. As I said before, our record doesn't show it, but we're as good as any other team in this league. Any team can beat any other in this division on any given day. SFC Rangers have the speed and a slightly better than avg. team, but are still beatable.

Originally posted by wolvescmid
Frumpy Asses????????????????? Too Funny

Prediction 5-0! Wolves.
Come on, you honestly cant think that a ninth place team can play well can you?
Maybe you think"oh my god maybe they can be beat" but after the game sautrday you'll see that last weekend was just a bad day for the team.

For the record the Celtic team lost to the worst team in the league, a team that has been scored on over 35 times and has one win and 8 losses. Very bold statement, wouldnt waste your money on the longshot.

As for losing .....what did you predict again.....5 - nil Tee hee :wa: :bronco: :D

We are 1 or 2 players away from being THE top team. It was a big step up for these 17 year olds. U18 last year...men's this year...with a learning year out of the way, and a goal scorer and maybe a middfielder with experience we will win the league next season. .... and maybe a goaltender....the Guru is getting to old and too beat up to continue...:( Groin/knee/calf, Too many nagging pains that won't go away.

Hey Rob, thanks for not throwin' the boots at my heed, it was still in pain from Friday night.
Thanks for the boots though. They are way too small for me, but they might fit the young 'un. If not, I can get them back to you next time I see you.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't want them back. I'll never wear them. They are a Div 4 calibre boot at best. I'm too good for them. That being said, if your playing your home games at the same pitch next year.....................................;)

It was a scrappy game with no flow except fot the beer that Snowman forced on me. Cured the hangover though. Funny thing that.:D Real windy, and real cold. A crappy day for soccer.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
Don't want them back. I'll never wear them. They are a Div 4 calibre boot at best. I'm too good for them. That being said, if your playing your home games at the same pitch next year.....................................;)

It was a scrappy game with no flow except fot the beer that Snowman forced on me. Cured the hangover though. Funny thing that.:D Real windy, and real cold. A crappy day for soccer.

Iv'e seen you play, and I'd have to say your a little too hard on those boots....They may be 4 div boots, but they are perfect for your calibre.:rolleyes:

Ahhh the mmmmbeer.... it flowed like blood from an open wound.... Although I never did see any from WolfieCmid. He promised me a cool one and never came through.....I guess he was too m-bare-assed to show his face around the Celtic first aid tent. :wa: Nor did I see a shot from him??? He was however, nice enough to pass the ball back to me a few times... Or were those shots:confused: ...best shot of the day was when my sweeper knocked a shot going wide, back to the bottom corner off his heed:eek: ...too windy for decent soccer. :eek:

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There we go... the first ttp since saturday.
Well apart from the beautiful passes to you(lol) i missed a corner kick' header by inches over the cross bar. I didnt really shoot too much. I passed all few brilliant ones into the box unfortunatley i forgot that both teams had no strikers playing... I must say those goal kicks from your goalie were a thing of beauty, directly out of bounds. (lol). Damn cold after the game thought you went home didnt see you over there, I must say one thing for the conditions, it wasnt too bad of a match. Both teams should have had at least two-three goals each...if our strikers dont start to score we will continue to slide.....

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The header was the closest threat, but I think I had it covered if it was on anyway. I think you exagerate on the 2 or 3 goals each though....you must not think much of the Guru's abbilities...tsk tsk tsk :(

My goal kicks couldn't make the side lines if I tried...can't get anthing off the ground...It was my punts that were sailing out. The wind caught hold of them and took them out. It was my plan to tire you guys out chasing those long punts to the parking lot:D

We were under the tent in the west corner of the parking lot....last home game the Brittania club stayed at the side of the field smoking some Ganja and enjoying a few wobblies...not to mention the foul language being bantered about right beside the youth teams parents and kids at the following game. Our club had some nasty letters writen about that to the Pitt Soccer assn. We've been asked to vacate the area if we're going to stay around for a few. so we just go off to the Palliotti's/Twin rinks Parking lot, or risk losing fields for next year.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL does it again.......

Not that I play Div 3 or 4, yet:rolleyes: but appears the people running this league do not put any respect on the guys of these divisions. Just looked at the league schedules for Div. 4 and saw that 2 (yes two teams) have a bye this week. Not a postponed game but a BYE! From what I have heard the league has made a decision to split the Div 4 teams into two groups - each consisting of seven teams. They did not do it at the beginning of the season but at the middle of the season. You pay the fees at the beginning of the season to play so many games. And now you have two healthy teams each week having byes? What a joke. Teams of all div's should be treated the same, we all play for fun and don't get paid. Games on the weekend is something we all look forward to each week. This would have never happened in the Premier league, and it should not have happened here.

What's your thought's Guru?

skytrainnowsteppingofhissoapbox

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you'll end up in Div.4 anytime soon. Div. 2 maybe, where washed-up / broken down players end up. Wait, where did I play last season???:rolleyes:

Anyhow, I agree. We're finally blessed with a year where we have few, if any, rain postponements. Plus, we have turf pitches we can take advantage of if need be. Play the games out.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the same thing at first...so I asked Neil fuge about the situation...although I still think the byes could have been avoided, the games will still be made up later, so everyone will get an even shake.

First, there were supposed to be 16 teams in the div., (and I guess they could have made 2 sides...that's a seperate issue) 2 teams dropped out at the last minute, so the schedule was hastily redone. The byes all came in the second part of the pre Xmas games, one per team, but 2 teams per weekend got a bye...I will explain why.....giving all teams 13 games (one go at each of the 14 teams)...if there were no bye, we would have played 1 team twice in the pre Xmas round....now the division will be split not 7 and 7, but 8 lower and 6 upper...(I suppose for ease of playoff structure later with even divs...the lower it appears will play each team once, so there will be 7 more games (I am guessing here, they may only play a selected 6 games so that the upper and lower play the same....either way, I assume there will be at least 19 games plus at least 1 play off game....

That's enough soccer for an old fcuker like me anyway...although the young fcuks are not what I expected in this div....I expected to get run ragged, but that's hasn't been the case so far. ...I digress.....My take is that even the premier clubs only get 18 season games, so there is no problem with play time....

even though the split SHOULD separate the top teams from the bottom, the teams in this div are not that far appart. We are in 10th, but only 2 out of the top 7 teams beat us...and the score was flattering to those 2....we lost to 2 of the 4 bottom feeders....and they beat teams ahead of us...

I hear rumors that there are a few players in premier and CAT that are hoping to grab a spot on the Celtic squad for next year....I can certainly understand that....the Guru solid in the pipes....the beer only $2 instead of $2.50....both good reasons....not to mention there is only one direction for the team to go :confused: :bronco: :wa: :knvb:

Tryouts start the week before the season opener....the best 18 koozies get a spot:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0