Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Division A

tugga

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gimli

Mexi,
This sunday they are opening the ground in Gimli with a match between a Virden/Interlake side and a Winnipeg side. You are, obviously, most welcome to come out, and maybe you will even play.

What is with the "white cricketer" thing?

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought..

Having a flashy sig would be a good idea, so I tried to make a nice simple one.

Regs asked it to be changed so I did. It was a little spin of the White Mexican thing that I use in other places with Mexi so I just made it Mexi the White Cricketer. I will likely go out this Sunday.

H

Hoops

What a lovely day for Manitoba Cricket. Today we opened the new cricket field in Gimli. What a match it was. MCA-Winnipeg amassed 176 runs in 30 overs with Mills and Deonaraine scoring 4 and 2 not out batting at 10 and 11. In reply the interlake squad scored a fighting 156 all out.

A job well done to Ron Dipchand, and the others involved in the expansion to the other regions of Manitoba!

Best wishes to Carson in Bermuda this week. Lash dey scnunt and bowl dem down!

Hoops

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To but the days events in better perspective.

Me, the Wicketkeeper who shattered his finger and has to field now took 2 wickets for 13 runs on 3 overs.

[SIZE=-2]All be it that one was a girl that likely never played before.[/SIZE]

But I still took Daniel's wicket so I'm happy.

tugga

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reply to the Gaffa

Gaffa,

The reason is simply funding. At this time the MCA does not have the money to subsidize the players to go. It would cost the players too much money.

However, with our increase in funding next year, we will be going on tour next year. The North American would be nice, but I hear it isn't what it used to be. I would like to go back to BC for a tour, as I always have a great time there.

To the MCA guys: Great time in Gimli today. Hopefully the beginning of something great.

mexi

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the squelling Wanker? I thought that was going to be a perminate tag for Tugga.

tugga

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carson

I believe Carson is leaving for Bermuda in a day or two. Good luck to him.

Carson, this may sound bad, but take this advice:
Play selfish. No one recognizes a guy who plays for his team. They only recognize individual achievement. So, if you guys qualify for the U-19 World Cup (which you probably will), you want to make sure you are on the squad. Besides, if you play selfish, it often benefits the team (if you make runs/take wickets, then so does the team).
Playing for the team, often gets you dropped from the team at the end of the day. Put yourself before the team. Cricket may be a team sport, but it has many individual characteristics.

Just play hard, and you will be fine.

Best of luck.

H

Hoops

Things have been pretty slow of late. The MCA season continues this week end. Cosmos plays Lions, and I think the U-19s also have a game. We shifted our match to Sunday with Lions.

Juniors it's nice to know that a certain member of your squad has expressed his intentions to play for Cosmos next Year. The WJCC season isn't even half done and this Chap wants to jump ship. I don't really want a player if he isn't loyal to my team, so he can stay where he is because I would rather play short than play with someone like him on my team.

Maybe the WJCC would like the play that reschedule match when Zambuka is at the Canada Summer games?

P

pintose

Nice try Hoops but we already have a full slate of games during those weekends that I'm gonna miss!

tugga

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jumping Ship

I'm not suprised about this guy talking about jumping ship. He likes to stir things up, and get clubs begging for his services. The problem is that neither Cosmos or WJCC are going to beg him to play, so he can do what he likes. Besides, he says he may be out for the rest of the season with a bad knee.

Oh well.

eminem

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
U-19

all u-19 players we play this weekend double header i will call tomorow during the day to confirm

warner

eminem

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we do have 2 games left when we play is anotherthing we got to play bloomfeild and olyimpians but i dont know when ill call if there r games

:cool: em:cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts