Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Division 2 Cup 2011...the road to the Provincials.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo looks like an obvious choice
I think Campobasso could surprise some teams.
The other side of the bracket :confused::confused: UBC to beat Squamish
But Sarajevo wins it all

Don't forget that the Roos will play Squamish in the second round. I agree that Sarajevo is team to beat though.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think so. It should be an easy win for Polonia.

It was actually tsa's cat team I believe. And the score was 1-0 at half time for Polonia.

We beat West Van 1-0 on an own goal but we missed a couple clear cut opportunities...especially me blazing over from 8 yards :0

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen 6 - Douglas Park 1. We just didn't turn up. After 2 great perfromances against Green Devils and HNK we thought we would do well. Maybe it was playing on Kensington North rather than the turf that did it (I recognize that it was the same for both teams) but we didn't perform at all. A disappointing end to the season. Shaheen are a good side by the way. They close you down well. I noticed that they do the 'right thing' in all areas of the field. Not a lot of mistakes from them at all. I think that they will do well but not sure if they could win it. It seems like there are a lot of good teams out there

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
lake city fc 3 - cosmos 1. cosmos were short a guy all game, we took advantage with a few early goals. took a nap early in the second half and they put one in to make it interesting but they ran out of gas and we iced it with about fifteen minutes left. nice for us to get a cup win, but we'll need to bring our A+++++ game to hang in the next round (burnaby fury or norvan saints).

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strathcona - Squamish 3:4 OT

Close one for Squamish, they played with 10 guys, were down 3 times and scored winning goal in the 2nd ot.
Strathcona 10 minutes from the big upset. referee killed the game with too many whistles.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing that Surrey United C and Norvan was incomplete last night and is being finished Thursday night...and we are scheduled to play the winner Friday night. Wonder if the league will change this or let the winner play two nights straight.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 0 GFC Lions 1 - It was a weird game..... We won 1-0.

It was a weird game ;). GFC scored on a gift of a mis-headed back pass between our part-time centre back and our part-time keeper about 15 minutes in. YFC held the balance of play from 25 minutes on, while GFC made some decent chances on the break in the last 25 minutes as we pushed up, but they lack a real scoring threat to finish. We had several chances to score, although GFC did a generally nice job clogging up the midfield and making things difficult.

Man of the match was easily the GFC keeper, who saved 3 or 4 glorious chances including a yours truly shot in the final 2 minutes to the bottom left corner from 15 yards out that beats 90% of Div 2 keeps. GFC player summed it up to me as we were collecting the nets at the end of the game - "I'm not sure the better team won tonight". Good luck to them the rest of the way.

If things go as they should, GFC vs. Meralomas will be a battle of very similar styles.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So only 3 games got played before the snow made the fields unplayable.

No surprises in the TSA Royals and Westside wins, but Surrey United "C" over PG Rangers may be considered an upset. We beat those Surrey kids (they look like a U21 squad) handily (4-1 with them scoring a last minute pk) with myself playing in goal. I'm shocked that they scored 3 and beat a veteran PG Rangers side. Machel, Bandcamp, Berg any comments?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

No surprises in the TSA Royals and Westside wins, but Surrey United "C" over PG Rangers may be considered an upset. We beat those Surrey kids (they look like a U21 squad) handily (4-1 with them scoring a last minute pk) with myself playing in goal. I'm shocked that they scored 3 and beat a veteran PG Rangers side. Machel, Bandcamp, Berg any comments?

Ya I wasn't playing. End of story. :D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watched this one. We played very well actually and created plenty...lack of finish hurt us yet again. We had a 2-0 lead and Surrey hit 3 nice shots, all from around 25 out, over our keepers head.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abandonded game with MYB Panthers leading UBC Metro 2-1. Anyone know what happened out at T-Bird Stadium tonight?

Squampton with the big choke job. Well done Hurricanes!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Dezza, I reffed them the last game of the season........and there was some bad blood between the two teams. A lot of chirping at each other, lots of simulation........interesting to see who was in the middle tonight and what exactly happened.....

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 1-0 Surrey in Extra Time.

The grass fields at the east end of Cloverdale are in the worst condition I've ever seen them. They are bumpy and sandy and do not make for easy ball control. Add in the fact that Surrey showed up with under-inflated practice balls to use as match balls and you had the perfect setup for an ugly, scrappy game. There was nothing really doing in the first half, but I thought we out-chanced them in the 2nd half, and in then in ET we traded chances somewhat equally. The deciding goal came with less than 5 in the 2nd extra time when their sweeper who had an excellent game mistimed a tackle in the box leading to a pk.

Re: the abandoned game. If one team was deemed at fault for the abandonment then the league will render a 1-0 result in the other team's favour. If both teams are equally at fault I have no idea what happens -- both teams kicked out maybe?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts