Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Division 2 Cup 2011...the road to the Provincials.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo to beat Vatreni (this one could be fun to watch).
Shaheen to beat Fury.
Polonia to beat Unicorns.
Rino's to beat Surrey U.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo vs. Vatreni is a re-match of last year's semi-final which Vatreni won.

It's a tough call as Sarajevo seem to be the better team this year, but Vatreni have the experience and seem to know how to win the big games.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vatreni seem to struggle for bodies so I guess it depends who they have. Re Surrey U, they are opportunistic on the shots from 25-30 yards so your keeps should be ready for ones that catch him off his line. Good luck to all!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I know Mr. Mayor has signed up with one of the Westside Masters teams. I'm not too sure what the source of the Unicorns magic is anymore.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 3 - 0 Surrey C

Total domination by us. Our keeper was out of town so I was between the sticks and saw a total of 2 shots on target, neither of which were any trouble. I still can't figure out how these guys got this far, but we know we'll be in a much tougher battle in the semi finals.

Machel, spot on picking us to go deep :)

I think we've been in the final 4 of this competition five times in the last eight years and one of those years we played the now defunct Div 1 Cup and made the finals of that.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final will go at 4pm this Sunday at Memorial South.

Shaheen FC vs. Rino's Vancouver SC

The winner earns the 4th and final berth in the Provincial B Cup.

As for the semi's....
I heard Shaheen twice came from behind to force OT and eventually finish off Sarajevo. Some questionable goals (offside) will hopefully not be an issue in the final when we get Assistant Referees.

Rino's and Polonia battled hard and it was a game of missed opportunities as both teams had good chances throughout, but were let down by poor finishing. We hit a crossbar and a post in regulation, but managed to take the lead in the 1st OT on a bullet header that their defender tried to clear off the line, but could only deflect into the netting. It bounced out pretty quick, but the ref was in good position to correctly award the goal. In the 2nd half of OT Polonia dug deep and managed a sharp angle shot off the crossbar. They kept pushing and we managed to create some great chances off of their turnovers and should have iced the game with a clean breakaway 2 minutes from time, but our striker struck it straight at the Polonia keeper. Then in literally the last minute a Polonia player gets the ball near half and manages to dribble through 3 players into our penalty area and slide the ball under the keeper. On to PKs where our keeper literally stood on his head, saving Polonia's 1st two shots. We score 4 straight to win the shootout 4-1 with no need for the 5th shot to be taken.

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
but the island is not gonna get rinos....they havent played one good side yet..they bareley beat punjab in overtime which was last place in our division..our division is toughest in the div 2......were the only team to beat sarajevo this year and we beat them twice..rinos got a good defense as i heard from people that played with them before, but u havent faced a real offence yetttt.......

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
But really, who are your favs? Besides selecting the group winners, I'll go with Rino's B as they're like Germany when it comes to Cup time...they almost always make it far.

UBC just beat Sarejevo and the best group in Div.2 did not have a team earn promotion. Rinos beat an experienced and surging Polonia squad.

I predicted Rino at the onset of Cup Play. Should be a good game!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0