Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Division 1A - Week one

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gee, it's a wee bit quiet on here ahead of the big kickoff tomorrow!

Anyone care to comment on Serbian White Eagles and their coming down to Div 1A? Anyone got anything they can say about them as they are an unknown quantity to the Lomas?

daz:wa:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I never really thought about it, but you have helped explain things a bit for me. Last year, I did notice that when Dazza ran you can hear his gums flapping. I guess that was why he did not play at the start of the season last year ..... he was recovering from his sex change and his new set of 'gums' were sore.

Dazza .... does Adidas make a "Jill Strap" that will allow you to play this year? I heard this might help with your 'flapping gums':D

Serbia 3 v. Mermaids 1

Enjoy the first match lads.

JR:wa:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I'm so scared:bronco:

Bandcamp,

Div 2 thread please - for the last time!:mad:

Jags,

I played every game last year bar 2 which were suspensions. Not sure what a fcuking Jill strap is, but Jags, you're obviously more familiar with one than I am

Prediction:

Lomas 2 Serbians 2

Probably safe to go with a tie.

Good luck everyone.

dazlookingforwardtofootyatconnaughtandthebarafterwards:wa:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Bimini's 0 - 0 Peg-Olys

Still not quite sure who these Peg-Olys guys are, but we still managed to handle them cleanly. Nevertheless, the 3 game no-goals streak (from exhibitions and tournaments) continues thanks to the stellar keeping from the man between the pipes. He robbed us left and right including a one-handed-reach-back with 5 minutes left.

Bastard.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas strong out of the gates

Lomas 2 Serbian White Eagles 0

Strong first half from the Lomas. Lots of nice passing interchanges and solid at the back. Could have had three pennoes according to one Serb at the end.

Did get one, duly slotted home by yours truly (JAGs, just blowing my own horn again) on about the half hour. This was followed by a second from Lucky Luke Harrison, a few minutes later. In at the half 2-0 and in control.

The Serbs were a young side, quite skilled but needing some experience to settle them down a bit. They brought on a couple of much older veterans at the half and it helped. Although the Lomas' momentum was upset a little by the break.... That being said the Serbs never threatened our goal and we finished with a solid opening victory.

Well done all...the new additions looked good, and despite a few regulars missing...a great way to start the season.

Things are a changing at the Lomas.:bronco:

dazwhoenjoyedtodayimmensely:wa: :wa: :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 4
Binger's Army 1

Nil-nil at the half, a dodgy PK for them early in the second seemed to wake us up.

I have never played on such a fcuking concrete pitch. My ankles hurt at half time :rolleyes:

Bring on the Mermaids :rolleyes:

~Regs.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes that was not a typo, Temple 4 Clan 1. Clan took the lead early but we responded well by scoring two before the half. Clan pressed hard for the first 20 after the break but again we countered with two more. The game was pretty evenly played but our "new look" backline was definitely the difference. On to the Westsiiiiiiide.:wa: :knvb: :bronco: :knvb: :bronco: :wa:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yowen,

How different from last year were Clan?

Obviously from the scorline it looks like a lot of their players have moved on. Did they have any of their "pro" players from last year?

How about that wanker Richie Sumner?

daz:D

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 1 A

Have to agree with Regs the field was bad, it was like playing on knight street. A concrete slab is being nice. However a weak penalty call woke us up and we rolled from there. Looking forward to meralomas next week. Two undefeated teams going head to head should be intersting!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead, Spell Much!

I don't know how they spell in North Delta, but here in Richmond, we spell "intersting" the correct way, "interesting".

It's because the school system in N. Delta only goes to grade 10, this is a school system where "Ricky" would have some success.

Two undefeated teams going head to head should be intersting!!!

Trailer Park Boys 9:30pm on Showcase

See you shortly, Marcopolo

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

obviously, i thought I was Guinness and I could just make up words. However you smart richmond guys are to quick.

One bevy here one bevy there, and still no capt, or marcopolo.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazze = Jill Strap

Dazza,

You should know what a Jill is, you borrow yours off Casidy every week.

Good result v. Serbia. Keeper's take on the Peg/Oly game was not as correct as I saw it. We had some good chances in the 1st and suffered a bit in the second. Big Mario played well, but we were happy with an away single point. Next week's home opener v. Shagars will produce 3 points for us.

JR:wa:

I love winter soccer ........... off to the bar we go.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

Granted, your team does have potential, but today you threatened few times. In fact, I can only remember, perhaps . . . 2 or 3 shots on goal -- and one straight off a freekick from the top-centre of the D. We, on the other hand, hit the bar, forced a goal-line save, trickled one narrowly passed the post -- just to name a few.

It was a good start to the season for both teams though.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple is fcuking shite

Sikh Temple is the worst team I have ever seen. They are almost as bad as Khalsa. These guys should take up plumbing for a living because it would be a step up from their attempt at playing soccer. HOS (a.k.a. Bindy) made a huge mistake going to a team that is going to get demoted this year. Khalsa is shite and that is the bottom line. Thanks for coming out.

Jinky

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The above message should be considered a warning to all TTP'ers to be extremely cautious when allowing other piss-takers to use their computer to check their PMs and such.

McQuade and Burnsie are a pair of bastards.

And that is the bottom line.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude,

Don't you dare blame me for those comments. That would be very nasty. Anyway, it looks like Sikh Temple could be the team to beat on our side. They have obviously added some quality players to their line-up, which will make everything very interesting. Please don't take Jinky's comments seriously. He obviously had a few too many Orange Vex's tonight........;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know what you mean, Jinky.....

I don't know how they spell in North Delta, but here in Richmond, we spell "intersting" the correct way, "interesting".

The total Putz, Marcopolo invaded my computer to type the above quote. Parkhead, please ignore the above post, except the part that talks about the correct spelling of interesting.......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts