Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 1 CAT

I asked the question in the new Premier thread, and I'll ask it again here, "Who the fcuk is in this division this year?"

We'll have the mainstays like GEU, Poco, Surrey City, but who else is there? Even though we don't know, let's have another poll.

Any Division 1 CAT banter can take place in this thread. Should be an exciting next couple of weeks.:rolleyes:I wonder who we play Sept 15th:confused:

The poll will be updated when the teams playing in the division are confirmed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Logic says every Premier team will have a Cat team, right? I hope that is the case this year, i.e.: teams like GN & Langley will be required to field Cat. teams.

Well see...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN never had a team last year, so I wonder if they will this year. My bet is they don't.

I should note for anyone reading and voting on the poll, teams in bold are not confirmed for the division yet. When they are confirmed, the bold print will be changed to normal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL wants the Cat division to be 100% in alignment w/ the Premier division- as it should be. My guess is that the FVSL brass granted GN a one-year reprieve from the policy, sort of a honeymoon period, to come up w/ a plan where they would have a Cat team set up for this season.

Anyhow, one year is one thing, but if this carries on perpetually, it will sort of belittle the whole function of the Cat system, and look bad on the league.

It will be very, very interesting to see which clubs will be in the Prmier / reserve leagues this year.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo to take Cat

With PoCo's cat has been greatly improved over last year and they would be tough to beat. The cat last year only had 3-4 good teams and now that the Rangers left, the two teams that will be at the top is PAU and PoCo

skytrainthinkstherobandyodawilllikehispick

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to say other than Skytrain must be a PAU player to consider them a top team in the CAT.

Ations speak louder than words and PAU had no action last year unless they had help from their premier players.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Explanation

Skytrain,

I think what he is trying to say is that they would have had to field a bunch of their premier team players and sit their CAT players to win games.

NO?

;)

Anyways, who cares GEU will take the CAT division.

:D

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No insults were thrown, just the truth. For PAU's CAT team to be strong they have to have their Premier players playing. The players on the CAT team alone are not strong enough to call them a decent team. Unless they have made some big changes this year.

Yes, I do realize that is allowed in the CAT but if my memory serves correct they were pretty much the only team that really used that feature and it showed when the premier guys weren't there. The top teams from last year did not use it regularily. Poco, Rangers, Highlanders, Golden Ears. They actually used their own players.

Cheers and good luck this season.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually GEU only played one game that I remember with only CAT regulars. We only had 10 guys in a 3 - 1 victory over Surrey United. Things will be different this year though.;)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa,

Don't want to be another to keep correcting you, but PoCo also took advantage of the Cat system last year. Was used about half the league games. As for the PAU Premier players coming done to play to beat your team, that only shows how weak your team actually was.:eek: ;)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think therefore...

Train de la Sky,

I think what Balsa is pointing out is when PA beat Delta 3-1 in the beginning of the year it was with a number of Premier players. The second time the two teams played Delta handled PA easily 4-1, without their Premier players.

Without Premier players PA was an early exit from the Prez Cup too.

It is unfair to try and compare teams in the CAT div because of the Premier player rotation.

The Prez Cup results are a better comparison, but even that comes down to a 1 bad game and you are toast.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa's Babble

Hey Balsa, I don't mind correcting you at all but it's usually about your choice of women. With regard to CAT I do believe that the essence of your comments holds true. The division lacked any consistency and the strength of many teams was left to the generosity of their respective premier teams. Unfortunately, some clubs (Surrey United) did not have any depth and were represented by two very poor teams in each division. In fact, combined I'm not sure that they would have avoided relegation from the 1st Division.

Regardless, I would think its about time the league sorted this mess out. The Delta Lions are currently without a division due to John Gaull's desire to leave Delta Metro. They could end up playing in Division 5 with their games scheduled for Wednesday nights in the receiving area of the Delta Shoppers Mall. John Gaull already has a crew painting lines onto the blacktop.

Get out while you can Brent Valente! We'll provide you with a lifetime's supply of ALPO and a miniature poodle that could be harnessed to Munster's underbelly to serve as a permanent "fluffer" for him. If not Munster, then Jensen has requested the Poodle's services.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do the Lions want to depat from Delta, anyhow? It it so they can make a run for promotion? Wouldn't it make more sense to try and broker a deal w/ the club- say, buy their spot off them?

I also think the league should get more involved in trying to resolve these types of issues.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cast your votes!

The poll is once again open for voting. We still aren't sure what the division is going to look like or even if there will be a CAT league but by all accounts, this should be close.

Vote away!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meeeeow!

Lot's of chat in the CAT thread.

Highlanders, those POCO fcukers, and my sentimental favourites GEU to to round off 2nd to 4th.

Surrey City in a cake walk regardless of who's in the mix. :cool:

Surrey City Lions?

The Lions should be playing in the CAT division anyway.

:D

Purrrr, Purrrr, Purrrr.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger: no poaching entire teams to join the club!:mad:

The last time SFC did this, they got a bunch of rowdy, old, opinionated, alcoholic has-beens from Delta. What have they ever won for us?:eek:

Oh. Never mind.

Stud

Mar 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Balsa's Babble

Originally posted by Oscar Goldman
Hey Balsa, I don't mind correcting you at all but it's usually about your choice of women. With regard to CAT I do believe that the essence of your comments holds true. The division lacked any consistency and the strength of many teams was left to the generosity of their respective premier teams. Unfortunately, some clubs (Surrey United) did not have any depth and were represented by two very poor teams in each division. In fact, combined I'm not sure that they would have avoided relegation from the 1st Division.

Regardless, I would think its about time the league sorted this mess out. The Delta Lions are currently without a division due to John Gaull's desire to leave Delta Metro. They could end up playing in Division 5 with their games scheduled for Wednesday nights in the receiving area of the Delta Shoppers Mall. John Gaull already has a crew painting lines onto the blacktop.

Get out while you can Brent Valente! We'll provide you with a lifetime's supply of ALPO and a miniature poodle that could be harnessed to Munster's underbelly to serve as a permanent "fluffer" for him. If not Munster, then Jensen has requested the Poodle's services.

Balsa and Oscar,

You guys going to get up for more than 2games this year!
If not it could mean a coaching change this year.

Maybe the Lions will be your feeder team this year?

You would only need one coach between the two teams.

Studly

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Lions

Have fun trying to beat the likes of LUFC Clones and PoCo City Fury in Div3. Maybe the Div 4 ND Marauders can be YOUR feeder team.

By the time your in Div 1 again Valente will be 40.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you serious? Boy, some young teams really are shortsighted, thinking the "grass is always greener". From the outside looking in, it looked like they had a pretty good thing going there...let's be honest, they weren't tearing up 1st division. Hell...they were VERY lucky to beat the Royals in the President's Cup first round. The Royals were missing both starting strikers and one starting centre midfielder, but still pushed the mighty Lions to the final whistle, and only lost on a disputed goal in PKs.

It seems to me they were involved in a prety good club, and they were average- at best- in the Knight's league.

Don't get it.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts