Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2Cup. Who will win?

Who will win Div 2 Cup?

• Cliff Ave.

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Richmond Cougars

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • City FC Blaze

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Alemania FC

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Surrey United C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westside Rino C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firfeighter C lects

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Sikh Temple Knights

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alemania

they sit near the bottom of 2b but should be near the top. definitely beatable if you're as good as you think you are but they will show up to play and have some quality players.

prediction:

alemania - 2
shitty fc - 1

P

PREMIUM BLAZE REP.

"Tis better to be feared than loved"

Its great to hear everyone bashing and wanting the Blaze to lose, I love it just more ammunition to use against our non worthy opponents. Firstly, bandcamp i don't know why your talking shite as i see it you got knocked out in the first round, well done buddy you guys must be just shocking on the pitch! Your proud cause your tied for first in 2B, 2B is the equivalent of division 4 all the plummers got put into one pool. Your reply, while at least we might get promoted! You'll come down faster than you went up. This is a message to you and the rest of the marks in this league, don't talk shite if you can't back it up! Also, i'm tired of reading bullshit predicitons, idiots sayin the R.C. and CA in the final! Amusing, nobody's gettin past the Blaze, come check us out we'll be the ones holding the trophy!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep, Bandcamp's team played in Division 1 last year. They were only relegated after losing a playoff in a game in which they actually outplayed the other team but simply failed to put the ball in the back of the net enough. They have had a letdown this year but I'm sure they were pretty disappointed at finding themselves back in Division 2. You would not know this because Bandcamp has enough class not to boast about past experiences as do a lot of fellas on this site. Just some background information for you. By the way, I picked you guys in the Division 2 Cup Pool to make it to the final (although I have you ultimately losing to Cliffe Ave.) so don't assume I am predicting your downfall after reading this. Good luck, you guys are good enough to make it to the final and also to do some damage at the 'B' Provincials.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B

Spud,

Granted, but they should be kicking some serious butt given the quality of the rest of the teams in 2B. We had a fairly easy game vs. Fury, beating them 3-0 (could easily have been 5 or 6 to nil. To me that speaks volumes about the discrepancy between the sections in Division 2.

As for the talk of Richmond vs. CA ... I don't think so, I think City will get there, but this weekend may prove tougher than they believe. Alemania is a tough squad and I'm shocked to see where they are in the standings this year. They could surprise City for sure.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay, perhaps PGR should be winning more as well as winning more convincingly. I think though that you are forgetting about the main factor in winning soccer games. Intensity. When you have a game between two equally skilled teams the more intense (or harder playing) team will always win. Even if you have a game in which one team is much more skilled than the other if the talented team doesn't match the intensity of the lesser-skilled team the skilled team will lose a large percentage of the time. This is why 'good' teams lose games to 'shitty' teams . This is also why higher level teams will often have players that may not be exceptionally talented but are better athletes, play harder and are more willing to work than players who are very skilled but are prima donnas. I suspect, and this IS only speculation, that PGR is nowhere near as inspired this year as the last few. I also think that this is how City has won a lot of their games. No offense to them but not all their players are that skilled. They play a very hungry and intense game though that wins through in the end.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to agree with Dapoytato. I would rather have a intense and aggressive team in at least Div.2 than I would a skilled team. The Blaze are aggressive with some skill, I will give them credit. But skill is not the main contributor in having a solid squad. I found the Westside C-Men to be an agressive team and their intensity level was at times effective in shutting down a team with more skill than them.

:wa:

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div.2 Cup

No offense to them but not all their players are that skilled.

Thank you Rivaldo, we appreciate your honesty.

The Blaze are aggressive with some skill, I will give them credit.

Buddy, we have more skilled players on our team than any team in Division 2 other than CA and Primos. In fact I can't remember any other team in our Div. that had any really good talent other than the above mentioned two teams (and EW). It's embarrasing listening to you boyz talk about skill and talent when you're either out of the cup, or lacking it on your team.

As for Alemania, we are definitely not taking them lightly. Just from looking at the standings they seem to be an average squad but that means jack shite when it comes down to a knockout game. They could easily beat us if we don't come out hard and try and put them down early. We're expecting a tough 90 minutes. Thanks for the headz up on them boyz.

I am predicting a Blaze vs. CA final.....but I of course have a biased opinion. Anything can happen but I think we are the best 2 teams left in the Cup.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
re:Blaze rep.1

If you read my comments I said that you are an aggressive team with some skill. For that I am giving you credit so you do not have to blow it up into something taht it isn't. I hope the Cougs and Blaze play in the semis and may the better team win.
But I am certain that it will be a two Div 2 "C" teams in the final.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the compliment Shriner! We Cmen do have to rely on aggressiveness and intensity as we certainly are not particularly skilled but even that was sorely lacking in a few instances this season. The only tie PG Rangers got this year was with us (nil-nil-totally pathetic against a team that has their nicknames on their jerseys). We blew a 2 or 3 goal lead against the Cougers in our first game against them. We lost to Champlain when they had 10 for the first 70 minutes. We lost twice to the Royals including our second round cup game and they are older and slower and no more skilled than we are . We gave these matches away due to lack of intensity and commitment to practice. Anyone who plays for us may think I sound like a broken record but I am right as ****ing usual! Our team needs a major culling!!( I was very surprised the Royals got as far as they did) Now that I have got that weight off my manboobs I think although the navel gazing army are fast, skilled and intense, Cliff is going to meet them in the final and take it by 2 goals! I’m going to do my best to watch that match.

GOO!

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re PG Div 2 C Team:

i'll be the first to admit that they were not exactly the most competitive team to play agianst. But, they were a classsy team that played with heart and a bit of emotion. And at the very least, that is what you expect from any team.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Angryman

I'll give you guys credit for playing a hard and aggressively. I love to see that. Your skill level was not as par as the top 4 teams, but your intensity level was. I think if u pick up or improve your skill level, you guyz can be a competitive team. As for playing the Cougs in our first derby, you guys were winning by a couple of goals, but if you recall they were rather "flukey." But none the less it was a good honest hard tackling contest and I believe it was a just result as the Cougs pulled off a win in the last few minutes.

Cheers

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Bandcamp-my mistake-I meant PG Strikers B (must remember cup o java before communication). As for the first 2 goals Shriner, they weren’t particularly flukey as much as your keeper wasn’t really ready methinks! The first was a rocket with quite a bit of movement on it (a tough save at the best of times) but you are correct that we went to sleep and you guys walked up the wings for the rest of the match. You deserved the win-no doubt about it. You guys are fairly quick up front with good control skills and some finish(a word not currently in the Cmen dictionary).Although you are right that more skill will help, when we have our preferred lineup and everyone shows up in spirit as well as body we actually can be very consistent. Again, not ony lack of intensity but lack of finish kills us. Our cup game against the Royals is a perfect example where we carry the play, have a multitude of shots (most of which do not hit the net) and they win 1 buzz on a defensive error (bad offside trap).Anyway,best of luck Cougers(the only team that bitches at each other as bad as the Cmen!!)

GOO!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp

Nice call on the 2-1 alemania vs Blaze game

We had a subpar game and there was never any doubt that the Blaze were going to win. Our performance might have had something to do with the 10 guys behind the ball defence showed by Alemania, but even with all those guys defending we missed a good 15 chances to score. 3-0 was a pretty generous final scoreline. We had the ball inside there !8 yard box for basically the first 15 minutes iof the game but couldn't hit the net to save our lives.

Anyway Allemania= Crap, Blaze=Class

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finale

CA - 2
Westside Rino CIBC Knights Bimini 'C' - 0

Not the lovliest of matches on the soggy Confederation Park in Burnaby. Never really threatened though, aside from a 2nd half break that our keeps did well to cut down. They battled hard. A missed PK and 1-nil at half. A late goal made it 2.

Onto City and the grand 2nd Div. finale. Sorry Cougs, I just can't see the upset.

City - 3
Cougs - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts