Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2: Mid-Season Surprises

Which Div.2 team has been the biggest surprise?

• Alemania SC (2B) - 8th place (huge drop from last year)

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 'B' United (2A) - 5th place (Hey, they're not last!)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • North Shore JB's (2C) - 6th place (no keeper, no promotion)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Elephant Walk (2C) - 1st place (showing amazing consistency)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that we've reached mid-season, it's appropriate to assess our predictions from the start, however there've been few surprises at the top of the tables. Nevertheless, there have been a few teams not yet meeting expectations. Which has been the biggest surprise?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Consistency

EW's success is not so much the surprise, it's the consistency that is. In previous years they expected to lose to top teams, now they expect to win. I think the key to their success is the fact they have probably the best 2 strikers in Division 2 and a sweeper who is tough and shows very impressive range for a big man.

Like I said previously, the game of the year will be EW vs CA at Beaconsfield. Should be a dandy that everyone should try to make ... I know I'll be there for a looksy.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW v CA

Like I said previously, the game of the year will be EW vs CA at Beaconsfield. Should be a dandy that everyone should try to make ... I know I'll be there for a looksy.

Aren't you playing for EW, Teelay? :confused:

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Resignation

Spud,

Nope, decided to resign from the team. 'Twas a tough call as EW is doing very well, but there were depth issues... as I alluded to after our game a couple of weeks ago.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hanging up the boots....

Teelay,

Are you hanging up the boots or are you still looking for some PT?
We are losing two more bodies(CM and LOM/LOB).

-11bottlesofJimBeamontheWall,11bottlesofJimBeam...-

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey, can we bring new guys on to a team at this point?
my team is riddled with injuries and we've had to play the last few games either a player short or with no subs. believe me, we need it.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Picking up players

bonefish,

I'm just playing by ear right now - we'll see how things unfold in the next few weeks.

fingers,

You can pick up players until about the 2nd week in January or something like that. The excellent site will post under "important Notices" what the cut-off is.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG B

Yikes... you guys may indeed need to bring in a few players. Could some of the sideline honeys suit up??? :p

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
our thoughts are that perhaps for every goal you guys concede to us, they'll lose an item of clothing.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Combine this thread with the protest thread

The other day, as mentioned elsewhere, a Madagascarian team scored 149 own goals in a game to prove a point. I'd imagine this recored could be beaten, along with the single game attendance record at a VMSL game:D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
new signings

you can sign new players right up until the last game of the year but there is transfer deadline in mid-january for transferring players currently signed with other teams.

fingers - are you strikers 'b' or rangers 'b'?

teelay - is fazio lighting it up this year? he's played with us a bit and we tried to pick him up for div 1 but he was convinced EW were going to get there. maybe this year?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more on topic...

my vote for surprise of the year is in 2B - burnaby fury. they're in first place and are normally door mats.

we'll get them though :D

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fazio

bandcamp,

Yes Frankie is on top of his game this year, probably the top striker in Division 2 from a danger perspective. His stats probably don't tell the tale as he's been injured of late though. He's in good shape this year and playing with a purpose.

His sidekick up front, Dave, is also lighting it up and is the most composed guy around with the ball - it's like he plays in slow motion yet no one can get to him.

I'm also in awe of the Fury - last year they were a bunch of pylons. I guess they either picked up a bunch of players in the summer or "B" is seriously weak...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B

2B is not the strongest division. fury are not that good in my opinion although they capitalize well on their chances. alemania has shat the bed although i still see them as the next best team, after us of course :) i expect the fury will drop points in the last half of the year.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
manager would have to agree with the current status of the poll. Alemania is in rough shape and has failed to meet past expectations as a 'top' team in their group. We, NK, played them in preseason and they beat us. However, they were at that point very beatable and we were equipped with a talented, but recently put together squad (we also had a keeper who failed to show up for us).

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Part 2, At Sunset, Sunday

Originally posted by Teelay

Should be a cracker second game between these two top teams, but with C.A. having 68 goals for, and not looking back, I think they are going to spank EW.

Again does anyone think that the Orange and Black can get to 100 goals for with 6 games left and 68 goals already scored?

They need to get 5 vs. EW.

Can't wait to see this Div.2 CA team play against a Div.1 team or even a premier team in the Imperial Cup, they will give teams a run.

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts