Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div. 2 Cup pool predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking into the the Div 2 Cup pool, any chance one of, if not some of you, can give the less educated Div 2 fans a little help and post your thoughts on the best and worst teams? Regardless of if you're in the pools or not? Lurkers welcome.

Cheers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Certainly. The best teams are at the top of the standings and the worst are at the bottom.

Good luck in the pool.

Sincerely,
More educated Div 2 fan.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
I'm looking into the the Div 2 Cup pool, any chance one of, if not some of you, can give the less educated Div 2 fans a little help and post your thoughts on the best and worst teams? Regardless of if you're in the pools or not? Lurkers welcome.

Cheers.
you should be able to find them pretty easy ,since you belong there:D

fcuking beaker:knvb: :knvb:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toughest pick of the lot:

Region 4's Round 2
North Shore Lions v. Elephant Walk Socceroos

Mind you, it's difficult to tell with Surrey Utd C. I don't know how much they're influenced by the CAT system. Will you be tied to them, KNVB? Need the info.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid, so by that logic you should be able to tell us exactly where the illiterate, sheep shagging nut house is then. Cnut.

Get a clue.

Keeper, no I won't be tied in to them. I really don't know much about the guys play, we train at different parks and home games days are hardly ever the same. I do know they are young and fit. If I were to take the advice given to me earlier, I would say they are one of the top teams.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
div.2 analysis

Toughest pick Keeper....assuming the Lions get by Signmaster and EW Socceroos get by "B" United. From what I've seen the CAT division doesn't look as strong as the rest of the div.2 teams which may lead to some so called surprises.... but then again, I have only seen a few of the teams this year. Some top teams from last year are struggling this year but they may be able to pull it together for the cup and create some other "surprises" for teams above them in the standings. I'm hoping thats the case anyways, as we're one of them!! If we could only find 5 or 6 superstars to sign for the cup run we'd be fine and maybe even get past the first round!!

knvb, don't waste time putting too much thought into it though as my crystal ball already shows me taking the Super Cup. You can join me for a celebatory pint though at Kelly O'Bryan's as I'm sure I'll be hoisting a few after my victory:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys sure aren't being very helpful to Knvb. Especially you Mickster! It's not like his name is Unvb and he's doing fcuking weapons inspections with a possible war dependent on the outcome of your answers McHussein.:D

Summary

Unvb:So, I need information on all the division 2 soccer teams for the footy pool. Please comply.
McHussein: That information has been provided in depth three years ago. This questioning is unfair. I am hiding nothing. Even though the North Shore Lions are our Cat team I cannot shed any light on their doings. I am being victimized. If I had any information I would provide it. Unvb simply wants control of my resources and wants to take over the Superpool. He is a very bad man. Very bad.

Beaker, I know very little of the Cat division but will say the NS Lions are our Cat team and I don't see them beating Elephant
Walk. I also know very little of groups 2A and 2B but as far as 2C goes:

Disregard the bottom four teams. They will go nowhere unless they are playing other bottom feeders.
Richmond Cougars:Good team, good passing but probably lacking good enough strikers to go all the way. Still, if they can find some goals should do allright.
North Shore JB's: Seeing as we can't use our Cat team to fill out our roster for these games we might be in tough against the better teams(no subs=tired JB's). Should beat the weaker teams and of course we do have our goal scoring god, Mickster.
City FC Blaze A:They are young, play hard and have some good talent. Could be contenders. I would watch these guys.
Elephant Walk:Good, solid team. Maybe a little too dependent on one or two guys but I've only played against 'em once so what do I know? I, personally would take City over EW.
NS Primos: Solid, but they're center mid broke his leg earlier this year and he seemed to me to be a big part of their team. Good all-around team though.
Cliff Avenue:Shitty team. No chance at all:D Obviously, the class of Division 2. Have to be huge favourites.

Those are just my personal opinions and are open to question obviously. Perhaps the Manager or someone from 2A could provide some insight into their group?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops, didn't realize the EW Socceroos were a Cat team, thought they were the EW team in our group. So, disregard previous comment regarding NS Lions. :(

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: 2a.

I'd say look to polska, bosna, and nk being dangerous if they're on their game.

We Knights are :
  • Old and slow
  • Currently short on players
  • We've never done anything in Cup Play
    [/list=a]

Just an old man's opinion...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st round

I don't think there's any doubt that we have the hardest draw in the 1st round. Fury vs Primos. Either one of these teams could have made it to the semis ... damn league sure put a monkey wrench in this one....

CA have to be the overwhelming favourites.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos vs Fury

Teelay,

I picked you in my Pool so buck the fcuk up and bring daddy a V baby...

WFC Rangers :D
PG Strikers 'A'

North Shore Primos :D
Burnaby Fury

United Nationals
Optima FC :D

Canadian Ismaili
North Shore JB's :D :knvb:

Meraloma SC 'B'
Surrey United 'C' :D

Bombastic FC 'C'
Bosna SC :D

Westside C-men
Westside Knights :D

City FC Blaze 'A' :D
City FC Blaze 'B'

Elephant Walk 'A' :D
Bosna Kosova

WU Sarajevo
Alemania FC :D

PwC Rangers :D
Indo FC 'C'

ICSF Inter 'B'
WU Polska :D

North Shore Lions :D
Signmaster FC

'B' United
Eleph W. Socceroos :D

Point Grey Rangers :D
WU Bulgaria

NK Hrvat :D
PG Strikers 'B'

Richmond Cougars :D
Club Ireland Hibs

North Shore Falcons
Metro-Ford United :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Cougars:Good team, good passing but probably lacking good enough strikers to go all the way. Still, if they can find some goals should do allright
'

If they're a good team, I'm the Pope. I watched the second half, which was spent in the Cougars' half, and was not impressed with either team. Club I Hibs lacked any creativity around goal and the Cougars style of play makes Wimbledon look like Brazil. The pitch was diabolical for both teams obviously and it was fcuking freezing. I missed the first half so I can't comment on that. Final score: Cougars 3 Hibs 0

It was very similiar to a game we played against Biminis earlier in the year, where we contolled the majority of the game but gave up late goals on the counter-attack. Congrats to the Cougars for battling their way to a win. Fortuntely, I took Club Ireland to lose in the next round and I'm pretty sure the Cougs cup run will stop then.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moderating

I watched the second half, which was spent in the Cougars' half, and was not impressed with either team. Club I Hibs lacked any creativity around goal and the Cougars style of play makes Wimbledon look like Brazil. The pitch was diabolical for both teams obviously and it was fcuking freezing. I missed the first half so I can't comment on that. Final score: Cougars 3 Hibs 0
Not much of a prediction. :rolleyes:

Cnut-like,
k.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7/9 today

Fcuking Signmaster pulls it out in PK's. :mad:

Tomorrow:
North Shore Primos :)
Burnaby Fury

Canadian Ismaili
North Shore JB's :)

Meraloma SC 'B'
Surrey United 'C' :)

Westside C-men
Westside Knights :)

City FC Blaze 'A' :)
City FC Blaze 'B'

ICSF Inter 'B'
WU Polska :)

Point Grey Rangers :)
WU Bulgaria

NK Hrvat :)
PG Strikers 'B'

North Shore Falcons
Metro-Ford United :)

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC 3- ClubI 0

Sorry about putting this post in this thread Keeper, but I had to respond to Capt's comments. Capt. it's too bad you only saw the second half, the first was pretty good.
We came out flat, and Club I took it to us, but never generated a real scoring threat. We converted a penalty after our player was tackled from behind on a breakaway, and set the tone after that, carrying most of the play. We got another one about 10 minutes later, and should've counted maybe 1-2 more before the half. We scored once again about 10 mins into the 2nd half and just sat back and defended. We knew that Club I was more fit, so why tire ourselves out. We had decided at the half that if we went up by another goal, we'd sit on our lead, and we did. It was UGLY soccer by us, but as the ref said afterwards, we played it smart and got by while still missing a few key guys.
Full marks to Club I for battling till the end, they were a solid team through out, but we limited them to shots from 25-30 yards out. One hit the bar, the rest hit the bushes. No real threats for our keeper.

Anytime you can play a bad game and still win 3-0 is a good day. We'll come out stronger next round.

Go Cougs.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anytime you can play a bad game and still win 3-0 is a good day. We'll come out stronger next round.

It was more like a lucky day.

I don't believe you had more than two guys across the half way line the whole 2nd half. But granted you won and that is all that matters. It was ugly soccer by both teams and that is all that really needs to be said.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with the Captain. I also arrived to the game after the score was 2-0. At that point Club-I was controlling the play. Club-I did lack the creativity in the offensive half. They also seemed alittle hurried. If they had just spread the field out and showed some patients , as the cougars like to give you space, they could have potted few.

Tsenghera,

Who was the bald guy you brought in the second half. I think he was playing up front. Shoc-king to quote the Cap-i-tain. I have to say he did have the quote of the day. Pertaining to the above mentioned player. It went something like this:

"That guy should get a card for his first touch":rolleyes:

I reserve the right to predict on the nexy round ntil scores are poted for today.

Vinniestillthawingoutfromwatchingthegame

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts