Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div. 1A Relegation Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is not the battle the Peg/Olys hoped to find themselves late in the year. However, we are coming down to the final couple games and the fight to stay up. I assume that again this year it is the bottom team that is assured a spot in Div. 2 and the second last team plays off against the second last in 1B (Shaheen or PGR). I have not included Lerbia in this grouping as they still have 3 games to play with a few points better than the four teams involved in this battle. I would have set up a poll as to who people think would be relegated, but everytime I send Regs my Third Party out of province post dated cheque, he never sends me my necessary info on becoming a Premium Member.

Peg/Olys - 11 points with two games remaining against Sikhs and Lamas.

Lamas - 14 points with two games remaining against Sikhs and Peg/Olys.

Shagars - 14 points with one game remaining against Bimini's.

Bimini's - 11 points with two games remaining against Shagars and Lerbia.

Predictions:
Having already taken a point off Sikhs earlier this year and all 3 points against Lamas, we should finish with a win and a tie and end up with 15. Lamas should lose their final two games and finish with 14 points. Hagars will probably win their final game and end up with 17 points. Westside will lose their final two games and finish with 11 points. Westside to go down and Lamas to play Shaheen in a playoff to determine who the 3rd team is that goes down.

This is a big Sports Action ticket for myself, but I have all the confidence in our side to pull some points out of the last two games. We are playing well and not getting the bounces. In fact, most games we have 80% of the play.;)

JR

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's how I see it:

Peg/Olys - 11 points with two games remaining against Sikhs (loss - Sikhs are better since the last time you played them) and Lamas (tie - yet another). Total points: 12

Lamas - 14 points with two games remaining against Sikhs (loss)and Peg/Olys (tie). Total points: 15

Shagars - 14 points with one game remaining against Bimini's (loss - Bimini's played far below their ability last time and were still robbed of at least a tie). Total points: 14

Bimini's - 11 points with two games remaining against Shagars (win - motivated from last weeks performance v. Clan) and Lerbia (win - beat them first time; we'll win again). Total points: 17

Peg/Olys goes down and Hagar's plays off for the 3rd team.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's how I see it:

Peg/Olys - 11 points with two games remaining against Sikhs (loss) and Muckerlomas (win). Total points: 14

Muckerlomas - 14 points with two games remaining against Sikhs (loss)and Peg/Olys (loss). Total points: 14

Sailor Hagars - 14 points with one game remaining against Bimini's (loss by default - The RCMP will arrest these animals for crimes against humanity). Total points: 14

Bimini's - 11 points with two games remaining against Hagars (win by default) and The Serbian Spitters (loss by default - Bimini's will be unable to field a team after suffering 6 broken legs in the Hagars match.). Total points: 14

Somebody with a calculator could probably let me know what would happen next.

Be sure to have the Hagars Yo-Yos relegated one way or another please.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see Jinky's scenario happening. What would the league do in this situation? BTW, JAGS/Dickinsider, the Captain will be there cheering for the Olys on Saturday. I should be able to drag Parkhead's sorry ass out and I'm sure Jinky will be there cheering for you too. Right, Jinky? We will have a couple of beers during the game,and perhaps a few wagers....

Captain

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cooler Selection

Captain,

With the potential of such a quality crowd out cheering the Peg/Olys, I guess we will need to stock the cooler as if it were the grand opening of a new Fogg & Suds. Any special request?

JR

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're simple guys, JAGS........

We are very simple and have no problem with good old Budweiser. Do you have scarves for us to wave?

Captain

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom four will look like this:

Lamas 18 pts
- Beat Sikhs. However Sikhs must be missing players and Lamas must field their strongest lineup. Tie with Pegs, with or without Regs with Pegs?

Bimmers 17pts
- Luck about to change for westside club. Hammer Hagars and out spit Serbia.

Pegs 15pts
- Tie Lamas in their 3rd biggest game of the season. Kitty Shamrock crys on sidelines after Pegs tie it late in the game. Pegs win 1 - 0 in their 2nd biggest game of the season against the Sikhs. Pegs overcome Kitty's emotional collapse on sideline, and win with a shootout decision against Shaheen to avoid relegation in their biggest game of the season.

Hagars 14pts
-Sail away to div. 2.

Boogienights :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kitty Shamrock crys on sidelines after Pegs tie it late in the game. Pegs win 1 - 0 in their 2nd biggest game of the season against the Sikhs. Pegs overcome Kitty's emotional collapse on sideline

Funny stuff, Seinfeld. :rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
howay the blues........

If the Peg/Olys don't fcuking stay up where they belong I'll come back to the Lonsdale area and sit on their bench in Div. 2 for a season.

How's that for incentive?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought you were a Melanoma for life? What happens if Peg and Muckers both get relegated? Ah, it doesn't matter. At least you'll be in Division 2 where I can kick you silly:)

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tie????

Since the posts are down at Fort McBride, I am going to go out on a limb and predict a 0 - 0 tie. Hopefully the match does not have to go to Golden Goal ..... if it does, it could be a long spring and summer in 2003 until the posts go back up. I really don't want to spend that much time with Dazza or any of the other Mermaids.:D :D

JR

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Solution!

We have accepted the fact that we don't like winning quite some time ago. However, what has hurt us is the fact that we haven't been able to produce the traditional tie that we had grown accustomed to.
Why is this? We really aren't as bad as our record indicates (I think many would agree to this). One reason may be the departing of Toze to sunny Cold Lake, who lead our intense once a week training sessions where up to 9 people may show. Another reason may be because we have too many people from Belgium on the team.
However, my belief, coming from years of soccer knowledge, is very basic and straightforward - In order to get points in our last couple of games, we need to focus on something that has eluded us for the last month...
We need to get O.G. back on the roster.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What ever happened to O.G. has he been on vacation for the last couple of months of what? If you ask me he was and still is by far the best player Peg has. He always seems to catch teams off guard, he would be invisible most of the match and then once or twice a game there he was to give Peg a much needed goal for the tie. With the loss of O.G. it could be relegation for Peg as there goal scoring has now disappeared along with the all important 1 point for the tie. Sad really.

Cheers Lawts

LT Walker

Feb 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
M.I.A.

hey lawts, we really appreciate your opinions here in ttp but it seems to me that your posting location seems to be incorrect
shouldn't it be:

hope you and your skinny arse hasn't froze...:p

ps march 2/4 will be the day i meet your sis, right?

:eek: :bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
David Lam looks like the place to be on Saturday...

Meraloma “A”
1 A
Peg-Olys
David Lam
2.00 pm

It should be a battle worth taking in. Parkhead, are you and your cooler available to head down to Lam to cheer on the Peg-Olys? I should be able to make it, as long as I stay in tomorrow.....

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts