Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1A Predictions - Week 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivalry

The rivalries have always been present between the Richmond Clubs.

Case in point, our match against Indo earlier this season was very well attended (both sides of the pitch were full with spectators and the local papers were there as well). The atmosphere and intensity was certainly far better than an average Div 1 outting.

And as the Captain touched on, I think that type of emoton in a cross-town rivalry would be wasted on a friendly. We (RUFC) have not competed in the same division or side as any other Richmond team in years, yet we stayed away from playing friendlies against Club I, or Indo, or the Toons, because I think we'd all agree that the potential emotion and intensity would be wasted on a game that meant nothing.

Having said all that (and getting somewhat back to topic) it certainly was interesting to play the top two squads from Div 1A. And I guess one can't help but wonder how RUFC and Club I would match up today.

Perhaps a cup draw later this season will allow us all to find out ;)

Willy McLulu

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
aahhh memories

i remember the last cup draw between RUFC and Club I.
Imperial four or five years back....also remember who won...needless to say Irish eyes were crying and the Idiots were singing "Who are we?":D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't recall that game......

Smallsy,

I honestly don't remember that game but I guess it happened if you say so.

BTW, how many times have RUFC won the Imperial Cup, Premier league, 1st division, and 2nd Division:)rolleyes: )? If you're going to talk about past years, I guess these questions need to be answered. Actually, Club Ireland tied for first with 4 other teams, so we didn't win it outright, I guess.......

:p

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i could be mistaken about that game but if memory serves we had JJ playing for us and Chiasson was playing for the hoops...anywho..
i'm not sure about RUFC successes, but i am sure that i got to drink out of the imperial cup last year:D:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy,

I have never played against Jason Jordan, so I don't know if that game happened. Chiasson will know. He will probably be able to tell you how many shots and goals he had too......:D

It's quite a dirty cup, isn't it? That's what I was thinking when sipping out of it......

Captain

To stay on topic, Clan will clinch the league with a win tomorrow and there will be two ties.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm...dirty cups.
but yes, back on topic...i have no idea who will win in 1A this week, but will be pulling for biminis over norvan.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lamas ? - bingers ? - monks will be a battle

ires 0 - temple 3 - score flatters ires' passive play

serbs 2 - piggies 0 - serbs eat bacon

norvan 1 - bimmers 2 - bimmers due for upset

clan 7 - Saggers 0 - sag in standings starts here

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC V Club I Imperial Cup ...

Captain,

Just to clarify, yes we did play you a few years ago in an early round of the Imperial Cup. It may have been 4 or 5 years ago, but it certainly DID happen (we were on different sides of Div 1 that season). You had the likes of Ollie, Chaisson, K Anderson (who I see is back again), and even the RUFC legend DEMON on your sqaud that season. And yes, we did have Jason Jordan playing for us. I don't recall the final result, but if memory serves me correct, it was played at some obscure school field in "The Oaks" (just off Cambie between Garden City and 4 Rd). I don't recall the score but it was a close game that we pulled out by a one goal margin. We went on to lose to MF Wolves in a game at Honda where they spent the entire pre-game threatening to break Jordon's leg if he played. Out of respect for Jordan's ability to play for the 86ers in the following months, he only played the last 10 minutes and MF won the match 3-1.

Anyway, back to your predictions and such ;) I'll make my way back over to the uneventful Div 1B thread.

Willy McMemoryLane

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy,

You're absolutely right. We played at an elementary school by 4 Rd. and Cambie. The reason I don't really remember the game is because I wasn't playing. I recall coaching that game and I do believe you won. I think the pitch was almost frozen too for some reason. Anyway, thanks for reminding me of that loss....:mad: ;)

Madman

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Temple.....Honest effort

We tried to motivate the guys with the beer offer but we were taken care of their. Boogie nights 7-0???? After the Irishmen brought us down to reality six weeks ago we have not lost until today only giving up two goals along the way. Today we gave the guys who wore skirts a little scare. It was 0-0 at half with the beer boys with best opportunity in the first as a free kick went through the six yard box with two hagars on the end for the easy slot in but failed to do so.....story of the last three games. Anyhow Clan got one with fifteen to twenty minutes left. Ginger we left the bitchin to the coach today who got tossed today after the goal....sooooooo offside, but them the breaks! Ref came over to us after the game pleading that he saw things differently. Other than that Clan had about 900 shots in the second but Roger stood tall today and made some grrreat saves. Good intense battlle with clan picking up a couple more yellows than us.

Hey Rock time to stop LURKING!!!!

Madman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that I am sober, I can reflect a bit on a very eventful game against Sikh Temple. Temple has a lot of pace and skill. I believe they are the best team in our league at going forward. They are quick all over the field and are always a threat when they are on the ball. We started very slowly(or maybe they started that quickly) and were defending right from the opening whistle. However, we scored off a corner to go up 1-0. Sikh came right back at us but we pinched another goal from another miscue by a Temple player in the back. Sikh made it 2 - 1 about 5 minutes later but we restored a 2 goal lead at half-time.

After the break, we were really on our heels again, and Sikh made 3 - 2 with about 30 minutes to go. They tied it up about 5 minutes later. Sikh kept pressing but we scored a cracker of a goal on a classic counter-attack. We were now defending well but the number 11 scored on a miscue by a defender with about 6 minutes left. And Sikh won the game on another miscue(actually there were a few miscues on the play :rolleyes: ) with about 90 seconds left. Game, set, and match. Overall, they were the better team on the day BUT we still feel like we should have left with at least one point, especially when you're up with about 5 minutes to go. Congrats to Sikh for playing an entertaining brand of soccer and for keeping their title hopes alive. Sorry, you guys didn't stick around for a beer after, Yowen and Hard Ballz. Good luck the rest of the year. We have a huge game next week(every game seems to huge this year) against the Serbs. We need at least 6 points to be safe, I would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0