Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 2 Sporting 'B' 1

Lomas thoroughly dominated this game until about 20 minutes to go. Sporting were pretty weak, but the Lomas still knocked the ball about very well, particularly in the first half.

Should have put them away with 3 or 4 by halftime, rather than the 2-0 lead we had at the half. They didn't have a shot on our goal until about the last twenty minutes.

Well done Lomas, Deep Cove Alumni in the next round!

Any other results?

dazwhoenjoyedthegametoday:D

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another result

Daz:

Burnaby Canadians 'B' 0
Pt. Grey Rangers 'A' 1

we played well at the back but could have done a lot more on offense. they were very young and not that organized. still ended up being a close game though.

max

The Loose Apple

Feb 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why?

Are you 2 bottom feeders of Div 1, playing in the Div 1 Cup to make yourself feel like Div 2 Champs:rolleyes:

If you are in Div 1, should you not aspire to the premier? Or is it just plain luck you are in Div 1 in the first place:p

Looking at your respective records, You need all the luck you can get:D

Why even bother entering a competion, when its full of 2nd & 3rd Div Teams. What are you trying to prove?

The Loose Apple

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in.

Tomorrows Province Headline...Soccer Communities all across the globe were shocked to hear this disturbing news from Vancouver today. Div 1 teams in the VMSL actually entered the....wait for it....DIV 1 CUP.

Loose Canon, you are obviously not aware that a place in the finals of the prestigous Div 1 Cup means automatic qualifications for the Pairs figure skating finals in Whistler 2010.

Welcome to TTP ;)

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever, Loser Apple

Hey Loser Apple,

I have absolutely no problem with choosing to play in Div. 1 Cup as opposed to the Imperial! Having said that, we bring our lunch buckets to every game we play, but our priority is the league. It has to be.

Our club is building for the future - and knew from the outset that staying in div. one was going to be a battle. We do have aspirations for premier - in a couple of years maybe. Until then, we're simply working hard at just making sure that we stay in the 'division below premier', and there's nothing wrong with that. Give me a break - we only just got promoted!

And besides, we played the top teams pretty well (except of course for the debacle against Clan).

Oh yeah, only div. 1 teams can compete in the... div. 1 cup. What team do you play for, and what's your record (if you're even a player)?

Mehmet.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very BIG Team

Max

I talked the coach of the BCFC Cat. team and he said the Rangers team was very BIG (not tall big), and not very quick.
I had to have a laugh;)

How did you guys like playing on the Turf, that team you played is very young, most played for our U-21 team 2 years ago.

HOSlikesBIGbacks:eek:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

I am Big Big AND Tall Big. And not very quick. You'd think that your CAT team would have done something other than kick the ball up the middle, in the air, right to me all game:)

We average about 33, but old age has its uses. The younguns had some individual skills but not much creativity and got really frustrated really quickly. I don't see any of those lads playing premier any time soon.

As for the Div 1 teams playing in the Div 1 cup.... Look at the results from the Imperial... Any Div 1 team playing a premier team got squashed.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
big but not tall?

HOS:

lol. maybe he was talking about the size of my heed. from a distance it surely must seem intimidating. :) it also slows me down a bit too. think orange on a toothpick.

max

The Loose Apple

Feb 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mehmet...

...so what you are saying is that you are not good enough to play in The Imperial Cup, or are you and I guess your Gaffa waiting for the vote from the French Judge to be entered:p

From what I saw, watching your game on Saturday is that you have a tidy defense and hard working strikers but your midfield has holes in it. A young CAT team was unlucky not to exploit, but the result was fair.

My point in playing in The Imperial Cup is that you get to play these teams that are your goalposts for the future. BTW, all teams are re-building for the future, if they are not, they are going backwards.

Years ago, I played on a 3rd division team and we eventually got knocked out by a really good Division 1 team. Yes, we had a chance, but it certainly helped the team as we gained promotion for 2nd.

Anyways, I'm not a player but a coach, that's all.

BTW, Portugal for the World Cup:D

Check Out this,HERE
Courtesy of 'Hands of Stone' Post 02-18-2002 10:18 AM

The Loose Apple

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loose,

We may have had some holes in the final 30 minutes in the middle as people tired, but for the first hour we completely ran the show. We were given a lot of space and exploited it well.

In truth we should have been 3 or 4 up at the half. It was only due to our lack of finishing that we didn't pull further ahead. At 2-0 the game was still within reach for Sporting and they worked hard to get the consolation goal, which was a gift anyway.

Anyway, who do you coach?

daz

munnzie

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loose,

in response to the div 1 cup entry I think it makes a lot more sense for a team like lomas to get as many guaranteed games as we can under our belt this year. Yes, we do aspire to premier but everyone knows its a process that takes a couple of years. You need some success in cup play to both improve as a team and attract other quality players to your squad. And is div 1 cat really a poor division? Is there a big swing in talent level within the division? I thought they'd all be great teams but i guess not.

P.S. Please let us know what squad you coach so we can come out, watch your team get shredded and then take the holy piss out of you for real.:p

Munnzie

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice to see you munnzie:D , as for the apple the lomas know they aren't premier level yet so why waist our time in the imperial cup, we would have only got one game in and that would have been it. This way we have a chance at winning, which we haven't done all that much of this year so it'll be nice to hopefully win a few, plus give our team confidence for our last few league games, however we didn't enter div.1 cup to blow out teams or anything, we expected the 'Cat' teams to be young well skilled teams and let's face it if the young guns can't handle a game with the lomas then none of them will ever make premier and that's a fact, so stop your whining and play or coach the game you puff.:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Lawts

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've got High Hopes

Yes, we do aspire to premier but everyone knows its a process that takes a couple of years. You need some success in cup play to both improve as a team and attract other quality players to your squad.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, when Croatia A made the jump from the PCSL to the Vmsl... They took Croatia B's spot in div 1 and then went undefeated that season to promotion into premier.

We also went undefeated for the first half of premier...but we were really good so, not everybody should expect to be able to do the same.:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh, well that explains everything then...

Depleted? Since when was depleted a synomyn for shitty? :rolleyes:

~TB.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Very Good..................

Not very good is being kind. Dazza, you did show up, but your nose kept dripping on the field. Fortunately enough it was turf. If not, they might have shut down the field

Lamas were terrible. Shaheen was also terrible. So bad that I had to leave at the half and head down to the Cactus for a little better talent wearing nice tight black jerseys.

JR

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not very good.....

Shitty........Shaheen was Shitty, you guys/gals might want Fastshow back. Atleast then you might have a beer cooler at the game. Did you have tea with them after the game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts