Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 CAT results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Saints CAT 2 RUFC CAT 2
Pretty evenly played contest with few chances at either end.

It was 1-0 RUFC at the half. Norvan came out in the second half and took it to RUFC for about a 20 minute spell and managed to put 2 past the keeper. RUFC scored a second with about 15 minutes to play.

Norvan are a very young side and have some speedy players and one talented frontrunner!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United "B" 5 West Van "B" 1

After 20 minutes (and 2-0 up) I came off the park to rest for the Premier match... At the time West Van looked very unorganised and knackered... From what I saw it was a piss taking from then on in... 3-0 at the half...
When I returned with about 5 minutes left it was 5-1 and over... I believe it is their first season in the CAT Div. and most of them must have came from Div. 2 or 3... Not too sure... Good guys just nae skill...

GuinnesspredictingWestVantohaveatoughyear :rolleyes:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Resting for the Big Boys?

Was it a long drive to the Surrey U. Premier match?

Also, you predicted that West Van were going to half a tough year? What positive news do you expect to develop for their second portion of the season?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shut it Migit

Come out of retirement so I can kick ya!!!
Maybe I'll drop down to the Valley Div. 2 so I can play at your level ???:rolleyes:

BTW, the Rangers match in the clubhouse after our matches was sweet!!!:p (The 6-0 drubbing of Dunf.) Alec has requested to line all of our home matches for the season!!!;)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant patter...

Valley Div. 2..... (cue knee slapping and uncontrollable laughter).

Good one.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deep Cove Alumni (Peg?) 3 - Sapperton B 3

Sapperton managed to squander the 3-2 lead on a goal keeping blunder in the dying minutes of the game at the Inter River postage stamp field that could only be compared to a smaller version of the Boston Gardens vs an Olympic sized hockey arena.

The extremely narrow field certainly kept the older slower Deep Cove guys in the game as there simply was no space to get through. Deep Cove took a red late in the second half for a two footed slide tackle but even then managed to come back and score to tie. It was a clean game overall.

Deep Cove scored a cracker of a goal off a flicked on corner kick to open the scoring. Not only was the kick a rocket, the flick on seemed to accelerate as it went in far post over a defender's head. Sap's first two goals came from brilliant runs down the left then right flanks finished by each of the strikers. Sap's third goal came from a defender who came right through the middle, hit a knuckler that bounced a couple of times before beating the keeper who did a good job all day for Deep Cove.

The tying goal for DC came on a shot- which would have been a routine stop if the keeper took a step to the right and let it hit him- came from about 30 yards out went right by the keeper who did some sort of dive to let it go in.

Despite two lengthy injury stoppages in the second half the very knackered ref (who was working out a cramp the entire half time break) the ref added only 14 seconds to the second half and then was off restretching for about 15 minutes. He did a decent job, he was just a clock fcuk up. The first half was just over 44 minutes despite a lengthy injury stoppage in that half.

Sap now has a younger more talented team than last year but it is going to have to better than this to repeat at the top of the CAT table.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure of the score in the Westside B / Sporting B game but I noticed Ref Beater playing in goal. Hopefully he's over the fact he made an absolute ass of himself on TTP and can be confident enough in himself to try again. C'mon Ref Beater, lets get a game report from you.

Croatia B had an easy time with Khalsa B. Scoring does seem to be a problem for a couple of Croatia B players who together missed about 10 scoring chances in the first half. 4-1 final.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater's jersey was certainly a lovely shade of powder blue. It's a shame we don't see more keepers with the guts to wear that colour -- I certainly don't. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He must have ran home an washed said powder blue kit because he wore it in a the loss to Westside today. Shoc-king, but not near as bad as ACM's keeper.

Molly Ringwald called and she wants her top back.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC B 2 - 0 Deep Cove Alumni

It was a game of 2 halves. The first pretty well belonged to DC but they could not capitalize on their chances. We came on near the end of the half and then took over in the second. We scored 2 but should have had more. They looked tired as the game wore on where we got stronger with some key subs.

On a side note, I don't know if any DC guys are lurking or will post but if you are you should give your head a shake. You lot left your side of the field in absolute shambles with beer cans, boxes and god knows what else. That is absolutely class-less, we spent half an hour cleaning up your f@*king mess. Can't wait to return the favour when we travel to your park next go around :mad:

Cheers, Mackers

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classy

I have to agree with Keeper, Mackers should have not said that they will return the favor, but he was correct in saying that the DC guys should have clean up their own mess, as many teams in Richmond know the guy who assigns the fields is just looking for a reason to revoke the field previalages(sp) of some of the soccer teams, plus most people that play in the league are old enough to know better and just clean up your mess.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Return the Favour, Return your Empties

Originally posted by mackers
That is absolutely class-less, we spent half an hour cleaning up your f@*king mess. Can't wait to return the favour when we travel to your park next go around :mad:

Cheers, Mackers

The DCR boys must not need the $0.10 per empty:rolleyes: .

Mackers, see if you can get a few of the old ladies that hang around Adanac during games, to make a road trip out, lots of empties to be had.

HOSisanEnvironmentalist,IreturnmyEmpties:bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 Sapperton 3.

A pretty good game today on a shocking Burnaby Central pitch. Sapp. went up 1-0 with an OG in the first 20 mins or so. Which was fine with us because Sapp owned the last 30 mins of the half and could have had more.

The second was full of action. Surrey came back with two quick and fabulous goals early, only to have Sapp pull even almost immediately on another wicked strike. We pulled ahead on a bit of a sitter, but a good build up, late only to have Sappertons #6 score (I think) his second with a rocket of a free kick.

4 of the six goals scored by the guys today were high-light reel quality. No joke.

Any way good showing for some of the young'n's on both sides and a bit of a shocker for the old hung-over guy who missed his game the day before. :rolleyes:

Fcuking open bar weddings.....

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 - Surrey 3

KNVB pretty much covers the game and the highlights. Yes, it was Sap's Rob Cook with 2 great goals from 30 or so yards out. The first was a shot during play and the second he hit a free kick and bent it around the inside of the wall. Rob missed a left footer from the same distance as it just curved past the post.

Sap had one called back which was (in our eyes) dodgy.

As KNVB said at the end of the game, at least 5 of the goals were crackers and a Surrey guy hit a great 30 yarder as well.

KNVB and Guinness played today which is good for the CAT guys to see Premier guys with that commitment. Hadn't seen KNVB in mid field before.

Guinness: What's with threatening the 16 year old with a broken leg if he takes another guy on? Something about 'your 12 and shouldn't be here'. None too classy. Anyway, I guess it had the reverse effect and he lost a ball trying to beat a second guy only to have Surrey score.

It was a good game well played by both sides with some great end to end action throughout.

KNVB: Central Park is crap but it sure didn't stop you guys from scoring 3 in the shite end. We only managed 1 in the first half in the sand and it was the OG banked off your guy.

Surrey shows up to play and the class of the organization shows on the pitch.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap had one called back which was (in our eyes) dodgy.
It was me who was wrestled to the ground and as blurry eyed and wobbly as I was today I really was fouled. He had both hands on my shoulders at one point and he even gave me a little kick on the way through. A good call. (In my eyes) ;)

Hadn't seen KNVB in mid field before.
And you probably won't again either.:D That was MF's awful sense of humor at work. His words to me were "Come on KNVB we need to get you in shape".... Nothing like chasing a couple of 19 year olds around in the middle of the park for 90 with a hang-over to work out the kinks. :rolleyes:

Young-gun

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs Surrey

All around good game today for both teams(Despite playing in the ghetto). Both had some "play of the day" goals (two by Robbie Cook), and showed pretty good class (with exception to guinness going after a 15 yr old):(
It was good to see some decent football being played.;)

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper/Buckfast,

Obviously, or at least I thought so, I was kidding about "returning the favour." And yes the reason for my concern and disappointment with the mess was excactly what Buckfast said, we are treading on thin ice, as are many teams i'm sure, with that certain individual. I'm confident we will take care of any mess we make at their park, it's just common courtesay(even if we lose :D )

HOS,

We actually have our own "old lady" dressed up as old Scotsman who gathers up our empties, it was the garbage really, that was the problem.

Cheers, Mackers.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap B vs Surrey B Controversy

KNVB: Fans overhead MF talking to ref Joe Macintyre before the game about how hung over you were that day and to give you extra special consideration if anyone goes near you.

The Result: You went down more times than Guinness's shorts at a Surrey sheep shagging soiree on a Saturday night in September! ;)

Right in front to WAB and I, you went down like you were pole axed and got the call (dodgy, dodgy one at best) following a brilliantly executed tackle by our smallest guy, Adamo Artuso.

If it wasn't guaranteed special protection, it was certainly the effects of the open bar specials.

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Guinness: When are you breaking the silence as the Surrey lads say?

Young gun: The guy had a birthday for frig sake - he is now 16 and in grade 11. Age is important at that age.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Star status.

Reccos, even you have to admit he was really big for 16. 5'6' and weighing in at just over a buck five with a wet towel on his head.

Bully... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts