Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 2012/2013 Predictions, Banter, etc...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 big games this weekend for The Jaguars
Friday night we play the Rush and then Dasmesh Utd on Sunday at 8pm

we played very well against both teams
again, with Dasmesh, we were disallowed a goal which would have given us the win
with the Rush, we had a girl on the Rush who decided to fall to the ground and kick violently with both feet at our player RIGHT IN FRONT of the Referee who decided to just chat with her at half time...it was a red card 100% and that would have been a HUGE advantage for us, but again, robbed!!!

s14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jaguars 0 BGSCCFC Rush 0

HUGE result for us although a win would have been sweeter
We were clearly the better team out there last night with I would say about 75% of the possession
I played a MASSIVE game between the sticks with about 4-5 quality saves
The Rush have some great players up front that were peppering me with low hard shots

It is disappointing how many chances we were given to score and didn't
I am unsure on why we aren't scoring as we have the talent up front...we just can't bury our chances...very frustrating!!
As a striker, it KILLS me to see my team struggle up front

Next game, tomorrow night vs. the 1st place team, Dasmesh Utd

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a striker, it KILLS me to see my team struggle up front

You've played more than half the season as keeper, you may be a striker at heart but I'd say now you're a keeper ;)

Interesting to see how you do vs. Dasmesh Sunday night. If you're still struggling to score, you pretty much need to keep a clean sheet in order to get a result. Not being harsh, just fair based upon facts. Hope the weather holds for you.

I am unsure on why we aren't scoring as we have the talent up front...we just can't bury our chances...very frustrating!!

Training, training, more training.

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jaguars 0 Dasmesh Utd FC 1

Dasmesh had 12 players in this game...the 12th being the Ref
he made a SHITE non call on an offside that cost us the game...and where was he when they scored you ask? the centre circle.
they were CLEARLY offside and he knew it, and when i went nuts on him, he had nothing to say and couldn't even look at me...any other referee would have carded me and stood by their call. not him...he stared at his feet and pointed to centre for kick off.
he tried to come over to our team after the game with his tail between his legs, i had to walk away.
his reason..."you ladies are good enough that you should have assistant referees to make those offside calls" and then went on to say "it sucks because now you are all going to hate me"...what referee does that??!! JUST MAKE THE F*CKEN CALL ON THE PITCH and stand by your call...don't come to us after the game and basically apologize for throwing the game
it was a great game overall with end to end action.
he missed a ton of handballs...2 on Dasmesh in their 18 yard box, Referee staring right at them...and then made a call on our girl who was basically on a clear breakaway and when asked what the call was...nothing...not a peep...nothing! horsesh*t!!

it's unfortunate when we are playing such good soccer against an obviously young talented team, and the Referee can have such an impact on the game. it's sickening! We tied them the last time we played them (2-2) but as i mentioned, were robbed of a goal that was clearly in, but the Ref was at centre.

next game is vs. Mavericks who are struggling this season

s14

ref.jpg

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jaguars 1 Vancouver Mavericks 0

DAMN IT WAS COLD!!!
The Mavericks came over before the game and hinted at us not playing and heading for breakfast...ha ha!
The Mavericks had a few good shots at me during the game that were fairly easy to handle
We didn't test their keeper as much as we should have

I had another strong game in net
I came out on their forwards a lot

Our goal was from some good individual effort from our center mid who took the ball into their 18...was pretty much on the end line, and chipped the ball far post for our player who was waiting there and volleyed it into the net. BEAUTY!!

With about 2 minutes left in the game, their forward got a nice pass and was in the clear. I came out hard, got the ball first and BAM, we collided hard. I spun full circle in the air and hit the ground hard. Had to take a moment to get my bearings. It was a 50/50 ball, and we both wanted it bad. The Referee made a good call and didn't penalize the forward. I knew it was a 50/50 ball and I knew what I was getting into when I rushed out. That play saved the game as she was in the clear and was coming in on me all by herself.

The game ended 1-0
Jaguars end 2012 with a WIN :wa:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

s14

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game ended 1-0
Jaguars end 2012 with a WIN :wa:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

s14

Well done striker! Things may be looking up for the Jags heading towards Cup :cool:

Are you coming to the Cup Draw on the 18th striker? You and a solid Jags contingent?

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's all it takes, eh? :wa: I believe I'd be convinced to buy you a pint (you, not the entire Jags contingent that shows ;) )

~ shaven

thanks for the offer
i have my son's Christmas Concert that night so gotta miss the draw
anxious to hear the outcome

MERRY HO HO

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dasmesh must have the easiest cup draw EVER!!!!

fixed :mad:

It appears they had a little bit of 'good' and a little bit of 'luck'; benefit of being a seeded team, and luck of the draw. Still, have to play the games so anything can happen.

Jags aren't exactly in a "Group of Death", got a fair shot at either the group or one of the best second-place records. Need to take care of your own business.

~ shaven

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears they had a little bit of 'good' and a little bit of 'luck'; benefit of being a seeded team, and luck of the draw. Still, have to play the games so anything can happen.

Jags aren't exactly in a "Group of Death", got a fair shot at either the group or one of the best second-place records. Need to take care of your own business.

~ shaven

i'm bitter...OK??!! ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in the Group of Death I have been told
If you compare our pool to others, we definitely have the toughest draw
We are up for the challenge

This weekend we play RGSA Red Devils @ Hugh Boyd

We have a fairly healthy team right now, besides my shoulder injury

Good Luck to all teams!!

s14

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in the Group of Death I have been told
If you compare our pool to others, we definitely have the toughest draw
We are up for the challenge

This weekend we play RGSA Red Devils @ Hugh Boyd

We have a fairly healthy team right now, besides my shoulder injury

Good Luck to all teams!!

s14

Yeah it looks like u have the toughest group...no group winner in it though which is good for u guys.

All the other groups beside maybe group F are pretty straight forward with group winners emerging.

Good luck and hope to see u in quarterfinals or beyond

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...we are out of the playoffs
Could not score
It's the same story for our entire season
We lost the first game 1 nil and the second game 2 nil

good luck to all teams!!

s14

Members online