Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Disturbing Trend: Stealing Goal Posts

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After discovering a distinct and surprising lack of posts at Quilchena over the weekend, I received the following email:
Excerpt:
This is just to let everyone know that someone appears to be vandalising soccer posts across Vancouver. Specifically the two sets at Quilchena North have been dismantled , the crossbars left and the four uprights removed. There has been a similar report fron Kensington. This has all happened in the last 24hrs and the [Parks Board] staff are probably unaware. These are metal posts and the probability is that they have been stolen. These are easy pickings and if it is theft then it may well be repeated at any field. Please let all your parents know and ask them to keep an eye on anything suspicious around fields where they live and let the police know immediately.
I've also spoken to Kerrisdale Youth Soccer's Carol Wiens, and she has told me of incidences where aluminum fencing is being cut down and stolen from various residences and building complexs in Vancouver. It is suggested that the aluminum is being melted down for money, resources, or what-I-don't-know. Nevertheless, this is a disturbing trend and we should all pass word along and keep our eyes and ears open.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm willing to put money down that it is the work of Sikh Temple, being the thieving bastards that they are :D

On the other hand, I wouldn't put it past Dazza and the Mermaids in an attempt to get their game postponed this weekend :D

~Regstheslanderer.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People will Steal Anything that isn't Locked

It is for the metal, aluminum is very expensive, and fetches a good price when recycled.
I have heard of people stealing street signs because they are made out of aluminum, or even people stealing man hole covers, they are not alumanum of coarse, but are worth money as weight.

Parks Boards may have to go back to the Wooden Posts, no one will steal those, we hope.

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Regs......

I think Sikh Temple could be the culprits here. It is a trend that worries me a lot. First of all, they steal Point Grey's game ball. Secondly, they are stealing goal posts from around Vancouver. The next thing we know, they will be taking whole fields out with modern equipment and setting them up as their OWN PRIVATE practice field. ;)

It is hard to put it past the Meralomas too. They have only found a net 7 times this year, so by taking one, they can put it to good use. Two times a week shooting practices hasn't been enough yet, so a personal set of goal posts can assure more production. :)

Seriously, it really is pathetic that people will stoop to this level.

Captain

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it may be a certain TTP Better Bastard........how else does he pay for all of his hair grooming products. : :p

eljefeisnowonthebetterbastard'sworstbastardlist;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hair Products

Originally posted by El Jefe
I think it may be a certain TTP Better Bastard........how else does he pay for all of his hair grooming products. : :p

If you hav'nt noticed, Regs still has hair grooming products from the 80's, but if anyone is interested in a Soccer Goal they can contact The VMSL Executive, they can no longer steal funds from the players, so they are now stealing the goals.

GILL

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain.....Regs....

Hey Captain, I still believe no proof has been found on any of these matters and therefore Sikh Temple is innocent:rolleyes: .

Hardballztryingtosponsorhisclub:D

Hard Ballz

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Add two more fields to the list . . .
We have an increasing problem arising as more aluminum goal posts are being stolen. This past weekend aluminum goals posts were stolen from Bobolink South and Quilchena North fields. Two weeks earlier the goals were stolen from Kensington North.

The Park Board cannot afford to be replacing goals on an ongoing basis. We need to catch the thief.

The Vancouver Police case number is 02256986. A Ford Explorer license JFL 372 was seen on McSpadden field and the occupant was helping himself to the goals at that field.

Please contact the people in your organizations to be on the lookout for this thief . . .

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was just a windup ??!!

From Richmond Senior Soccer's Website (http://www.richmondseniorsoccer.com/)

The City of Richmond has reported that someone has been going around since Thursday and stealing goalposts from some fields. Currently, we know of 2 fields that have been hit by the thieves and the City is going around to ensure that there are posts at all parks. In the event that you get to your game tomorrow and there are no posts, please go over to Minoha Steeves and use that field. We have those 3 fields as backups only. DO NOT attempt to play your game on any other field other then Minoha or the one originally assigned to you. Please report any missing goalposts to Jan Cox (604-275-8011) immediately.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts