Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 12

D2 MOTW Week 12

• WR vs Coyotes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • BC vs Dynamo

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Stolo vs Inter

• Young Guns vs Knights

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Marga vs Nomads

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
White Rock vs Coyotes 0-3
BC vs Dynamo 1-3
Stolo vs Inter game cancelled
Young Guns vs Knights 2-0
Marga vs Nomads 0-?

Hard to pick MOTW

Last time around in this fixture every game was won by 3 or more except the WR vs Coyotes game

Discuss

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
White Rock vs Coyotes...depending on who all shows up for us this will be a different game then the first time around.
BC vs Dynamo 1-3...dynamo fix their finishing problems...bc utd struggle for guys in this weather
Stolo vs Inter game cancelled....or inter beats them 6-0
Young Guns vs Knights..2-1...only cause we need young to drop points. hopefully langley prem 'B' doesnt show up.:rolleyes:
Marga vs Nomads 1-3....nomads shakey defense concedes a garbage goal. nomads get away from kick and run and actually score a few.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went with Young Guns and Knights, with the thinking the Knights rebound after the last couple weeks of play

White Rock vs Coyotes - Can't see the Coyotes dropping points in this one.
BC vs Dynamo - Like Jimmy said, BC struggling to get guys out right now.
Stolo vs Inter - Inter will crush them, but I'm pretty sure it gets cancelled as well.
Young Guns vs Knights - I want the Knights to win, but based on form it doesn't look like it.
Marga vs Nomads - We could really use another 7-1 scoreline this weekend.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jj, kick n run!? really?

I don't remember many 45 yard punt n hope balls sent up to our forwards, direct forward passing to attackers yes, kick/run no.

MOTW for me is Yotes v WRU. WRU is hard nosed and if a ref "lets them play" it could be a long night for Yotes, although I really thought Scotty was the best player on the park Sat night in our game against you guys, big strong and made some excellent plays... and he's exactly the kinda guy you want in the middle against WRU's stingy 6-2-2

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
jj, kick n run!? really?

I don't remember many 45 yard punt n hope balls sent up to our forwards, direct forward passing to attackers yes, kick/run no.

MOTW for me is Yotes v WRU. WRU is hard nosed and if a ref "lets them play" it could be a long night for Yotes, although I really thought Scotty was the best player on the park Sat night in our game against you guys, big strong and made some excellent plays... and he's exactly the kinda guy you want in the middle against WRU's stingy 6-2-2

Neither time we've played White Rock have they tried to defend with 6 guys back? Both times they played with 4 defenders, there not bad butgoing on how both teams played against us the Coyotes were much better all around. If the Coyotes have guys and play like they did against us, it shouldn't be close.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They definitely played that way against us, we spent the whole night in their end, but could get anything through. Crossing balls in is tough since they have a very tall team too. I'd definitely like them to play something else next time we play them, that's for sure.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never once have they played a 6-2-2... I can promise you that... Its called those guys are old and tired, and they stack themselves on the 18 so it looks likea 6-2-2, cause there too lazy to run the field:p

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never once have they played a 6-2-2... I can promise you that... Its called those guys are old and tired, and they stack themselves on the 18 so it looks likea 6-2-2, cause there too lazy to run the field:p

Wow, I'm glad this 6-2-2 thing is gaining traction....no of course they don't play a 6-2-2, it only seemed like that! They do collapse back well and will not make it easy for the Yotes.

Go White Rock Go!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pegleg, you said it, I repeated it.

WRU really did have like 6 back, but it's likely because their central mids just sat 5-7 yards in front of the cb's and anytime possession was gained it was just gumbooted 50+ yards to a winger or forward.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
jj, kick n run!? really?

you're right it wasnt exactly kick and run...more so just kick the ball up front and hope someone does something with it, whether it be is21's 30 yard volleys ...or one of the strikers fumble the ball in their feet and we come back at you guys .....remember what you told me last time we played. you would give us a better game...i honestly felt the first time around you guys were much better. defensively sat night you guys were a mess :confused:...and yes Scott was a beast in the middle of the park, but you guys giving him 10 yards almost everytime he had the ball didnt really help your cause. too bad chris wasn't there with him or else it could have been something else :rolleyes:....and i know the game is over and good game and all...but that defender on the outside, lima? needs to learn how to play football, and not american football....i shield the ball in the corner, he two hand shoves me to the ground and then when i get the foul and get back up, the fcuken douche tells me "learn how to play soccer, you div 2 allstar" really?? :rolleyes:........anywho..... whats this 6-2-2 i hear WRU is playing? they didnt play anything close to that the first time around, actually kinda looking forward to seeing it now.....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're right it wasnt exactly kick and run...more so just kick the ball up front and hope someone does something with it, whether it be is21's 30 yard volleys ...or one of the strikers fumble the ball in their feet and we come back at you guys .....remember what you told me last time we played. you would give us a better game...i honestly felt the first time around you guys were much better. defensively sat night you guys were a mess :confused:...and yes Scott was a beast in the middle of the park, but you guys giving him 10 yards almost everytime he had the ball didnt really help your cause. too bad chris wasn't there with him or else it could have been something else :rolleyes:....and i know the game is over and good game and all...but that defender on the outside, lima? needs to learn how to play football, and not american football....i shield the ball in the corner, he two hand shoves me to the ground and then when i get the foul and get back up, the fcuken douche tells me "learn how to play soccer, you div 2 allstar" really?? :rolleyes:........anywho..... whats this 6-2-2 i hear WRU is playing? they didnt play anything close to that the first time around, actually kinda looking forward to seeing it now.....

There's quite a few of the Nomads who do alot of talking, quite alot for a team that's mid pack, and even more for a team that was losing 6-2...
Not aimed at JBN or IS21

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year has been a challenge for us, lost a couple of important players, we're used to being really good, and we're not right now. Then some replacement signings that have come in have gotten hurt, the rest are battling injuries and guys are frustrated. Such as life. We'll get over it.

I think the guys shite talking is just that, shite talking. and a few lopsided losses where we were in the game and then started taking risks to get a shot at 1 point instead of no points doesn't matter to me, we're not in a race for first or to avoid relegation, so goals for and against mean nothing to me.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2 GEUNFSWCAGFC Knights 1

Nice to get some injured players finally get their season going last night. Cross bar and 2 missed breakaways in the last 15 wont win you a good close game. We seem to play up to our opponent or way down below the bottom teams.

Prediction- we give Inter their only loss and Marga their only win of the season.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 4 -1 Marga.

Ugly weather, ugly game.

Plus on top of that I might have done my knee with 5 min left. Nomads injury woes continue. Find out how bad it is tom

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts