Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 12

D2 MOTW Week 12

• WR vs Coyotes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • BC vs Dynamo

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Stolo vs Inter

• Young Guns vs Knights

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Marga vs Nomads

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 3- Yotes 4... Got to watch this one and it was pretty exciting. WR goes up 1-0 in about the 5th minute off a voley from a really awkward angle, dunno if the keeper wasnt expecting it, definately could have saved it! Yotes come right back about 5 mins later of some nice passing numbers and bury one. Then things got dicey... (What I heard from my side of the lines dunnon if true or not) Yotes midfielder said to WRU Captain "Next time you get the ball im gunna F*ck you up good" ... Captain responds " GO for it you twat"next play captain gets the ball and the Yotes player goes in cleets up from behind and takes him out as promised hahah.... THe captain of WRU loses it and feeds a few punches, head lock, then gets broken up.. Very sloppy from both teams and a shame to see.... (Both got reds)
WRU burries another one off a short side hit, again the keeper could of had a chance.... 2-1 half... Yotes got one back again at start (I think, may have mixed up the order)... Yotes controlled most of the play in the second half and hats off they were fighting hard the whole game from a losing score! Game could have gone either way TBH...

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So got a call from jimmy 10 mins to kickoff telling me they only have 11 guys... called out of retirement for WRU; and these guys area annoying to play against; it boggles my mind why we struggle against them;

1 - for a bunch of guys with british / welsh / scottish accents, they play ugly fcukin football - kick it as hard as you can, hope the tall guy flicks it to the short guy, crash the net and hope for a mucker goal... that's their entire game

2 - they FLY into tackles with callous disregard of any player safety, including their own

3 - when they aren't flying into tackles, they are yapping at the referee about some mystery call, or yapping at us for who knows what. And yes - I understand the irony in calling out another team for yapping. But our yapping was drowned out by WRU

Bunch of meatheads all jacked up after the CFL game. They blew a 3 goal lead and will probably blame it on us, or the referee, or some b/s defensive blunder. Who knows... bunch of pissants.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC United 1 - Dynamo 4

Played this game with 10 the whole game. Grey Cup fever claims 4 players 30 minutes before kickoff. We had 2 newly signed players that hadn't played in 6 months, and last Division they played was Div.5, and one 15 year old. And we actually played really well. Dynamo had 13-14 good players out and it was only 1-0 going into the second half. We score an absolutely wicked free kick from 40 yards out, make it 1-1. Then the Ref doesn't call offside on two breakaways and it's 3-1. Though I was in net again most of the game, which was probably the reason for 4 of the goals.

But what an absolute amazing showing by 9 players that missed an really good Grey Cup to play and played a decent game. Truth is with just 11 our normal starters we win this game, but whatever whatever, it is what it is, not to be, we play with 10.
I can not wait til this season is over.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth is with just 11 our normal starters we win this game, but whatever whatever

Yeah, right. How about with 11 starters and 8 subs you lose by the same score

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - for a bunch of guys with british / welsh / scottish accents, they play ugly fcukin football - kick it as hard as you can, hope the tall guy flicks it to the short guy, crash the net and hope for a mucker goal... that's their entire game

Uhm are you actually serious when you say this? Hasn't the British game always been kick and run? **** was it you that got fed the punches and put in a headlock?

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC United 1 - Dynamo 4

Played this game with 10 the whole game. Grey Cup fever claims 4 players 30 minutes before kickoff. We had 2 newly signed players that hadn't played in 6 months, and last Division they played was Div.5, and one 15 year old. And we actually played really well. Dynamo had 13-14 good players out and it was only 1-0 going into the second half. We score an absolutely wicked free kick from 40 yards out, make it 1-1. Then the Ref doesn't call offside on two breakaways and it's 3-1. Though I was in net again most of the game, which was probably the reason for 4 of the goals.

But what an absolute amazing showing by 9 players that missed an really good Grey Cup to play and played a decent game. Truth is with just 11 our normal starters we win this game, but whatever whatever, it is what it is, not to be, we play with 10.
I can not wait til this season is over.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops, sorry....rookie

Well you are partially right, we had 12 guys, also had some grey cup bailouts.

You seem like a nice guy and were trying hard to get guys out but having only 3 players five minutes before kickoff looks pretty weak. I would welcome a game against your 'starting eleven' anytime, I was getting cold sleeping, I mean sweeping last night.

Even though we are THE WORST finishing team ever, it would have been more enjoyable if we played a full squad

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 - for a bunch of guys with british/ welsh / scottish accents, they play ugly fcukin football - kick it as hard as you can, hope the tall guy flicks it to the short guy, crash the net and hope for a mucker goal... that's their entire game

By British I assume you mean English - big difference. Go back to school and learn some geography. By school I mean kindergarden, I think you'll find that's where you left your dummy (soother / pacifier - in case you need the translation). It's a man game.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In our win this weekend, Marga let us know about a rule I never knew before, which I'm very thankful for. Did you know that a ref can only call so many offsides before he has to start letting them go? Bet you didn't. You guys can thank me for this later.

On another note, so glad we don't have to play them again, not sure my lower extremeties can take any more studs in them.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So got a call from jimmy 10 mins to kickoff telling me they only have 11 guys... called out of retirement for WRU; and these guys area annoying to play against; it boggles my mind why we struggle against them;

2 - they FLY into tackles with callous disregard of any player safety, including their own

3 - when they aren't flying into tackles, they are yapping at the referee about some mystery call, or yapping at us for who knows what. And yes - I understand the irony in calling out another team for yapping. But our yapping was drowned out by WRU

Bunch of meatheads all jacked up after the CFL game. They blew a 3 goal lead and will probably blame it on us, or the referee, or some b/s defensive blunder. Who knows... bunch of pissants.

Man for a winning game, you sure have a lot to bitch about hey!
1) Their kick and run scored 3 goals on you guys, so maybe figure out how to stop it first before whinning about how bad it is?
2) Not once did any of their tackles involves taking out your players ankles or knees. None of your players were injured. That being said, your guy who got the red card went Cleats Up into someone achiles.... WRU plays physical shoulder to shoulder, suck it up.
3) Yah they bitch a lot. So does every other team hahahah
Never heard someone so whiny in my life after winning a hard fought match.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
we played a shitty game, missing few starters, few guys that transferred in helped out a lot. we made it very difficult for ourselves in the back line letting wru score some ugly goals. our fault end of story. what happened with those two players i dont know. but as hard of a tackle it was, c4l if you watched the game then you know that the ref didn't even call that a foul because i was 15 yds from the play. he blew the whistle after your guy put our guy in the headlock. what was said between the two, only those two know what happened. if he's the captain for wru then he really needs to set a good example for his team, if you get tackled, dont start wrestling. i agree, it was a very hard challenge, but obviously nothing wrong with it as the ref didn't blow it down for a foul. anyways we were always down and never gave up, the best players showed their true colors and at the end of the day the better team won. end of story. good game. on to next week.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
By British I assume you mean English - big difference. Go back to school and learn some geography. By school I mean kindergarden, I think you'll find that's where you left your dummy (soother / pacifier - in case you need the translation). It's a man game.

Kindergarden?! Really?! Have your mommy proof-read your next response......

Anyways, I disagree a little with my teammate's accounts of the game. I thought WRU played to their strengths. They're not an overly-skillful team, so they don't pass the ball around on the ground too much. Instead, they send long balls to their 6'4" striker, who won everything in the air and flicked on well to their strong/fast striker. It worked on one goal and they were unlucky not to get a couple more using the 'kick and run' strategy. WRU played a hard, physical game, but I wouldn't call it dirty. Both teams were guilty of some late tackles, but I don't think there was ever any intent to injure. As for the red-card situation, I was defending on the opposite side so I couldn't hear what was being said, but it was clear by their gestures that it was getting heated. The next ball (conveniently) came to their striker and our guy 2-foots him studs-up from behind. Personally, I thought it was a very reckless tackle and was worthy of a straight red card. Their guy (obviously) takes offence and turns to jump on our guy and they roll around for a bit. Not sure if any punches were thrown/landed, was hard to tell from my angle. Deserved red cards to both.

As for the scoring, they scored 2 goals about 10 minutes in on shots that our GK would probably want back. They attacked well with numbers and were unlucky not to get another. We responded with a lucky goal off a corner and went into the half down 2-1. I thought we dominated the second half, but somehow WRU scored first to make it 3-1 when our GK bobbled a cross with their tall striker challenging for it. We missed 3-4 easy goals within 10 yards before finally making 3-2. Then we missed a PK and hit the post on the rebound. Eventually we scored 2 more to make it 4-3 and hung on for the win. Our last 3 goals were very classy setups and finishes. Like always, WRU battled to the end and looked much better than the first time we played them. Personally, I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt, it was only a matter of time before our skill took over and we defended better and buried our chances.

The only thing I was really miffed about was what happened late in the game when we were up 4-3. We were on a counter-attack and pressing with numbers when we noticed one of their defenders down on the ground. We played it wide and our winger pushed it out for a stoppage in play. They gave us the ball back, no problem, fair play yadda yadda. With about 5 mins left and them attacking, our center-back is down at the top of our box (in clear view of their striker who goes around him). We yell to kick it out and their coach yells, 'keep playing' and they take a shot on target which misses. I thought that was absolutely classless, especially after we had just done the same for them moments earlier. Either way, we hung on for a well-deserved victory, but we made it entirely too hard on ourselves.

On to BC United and hopefully another W........

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kindergarden?! Really?! Have your mommy proof-read your next response......

Anyways, I disagree a little with my teammate's accounts of the game. I thought WRU played to their strengths. They're not an overly-skillful team, so they don't pass the ball around on the ground too much. Instead, they send long balls to their 6'4" striker, who won everything in the air and flicked on well to their strong/fast striker. It worked on one goal and they were unlucky not to get a couple more using the 'kick and run' strategy. WRU played a hard, physical game, but I wouldn't call it dirty. Both teams were guilty of some late tackles, but I don't think there was ever any intent to injure. As for the red-card situation, I was defending on the opposite side so I couldn't hear what was being said, but it was clear by their gestures that it was getting heated. The next ball (conveniently) came to their striker and our guy 2-foots him studs-up from behind. Personally, I thought it was a very reckless tackle and was worthy of a straight red card. Their guy (obviously) takes offence and turns to jump on our guy and they roll around for a bit. Not sure if any punches were thrown/landed, was hard to tell from my angle. Deserved red cards to both.

As for the scoring, they scored 2 goals about 10 minutes in on shots that our GK would probably want back. They attacked well with numbers and were unlucky not to get another. We responded with a lucky goal off a corner and went into the half down 2-1. I thought we dominated the second half, but somehow WRU scored first to make it 3-1 when our GK bobbled a cross with their tall striker challenging for it. We missed 3-4 easy goals within 10 yards before finally making 3-2. Then we missed a PK and hit the post on the rebound. Eventually we scored 2 more to make it 4-3 and hung on for the win. Our last 3 goals were very classy setups and finishes. Like always, WRU battled to the end and looked much better than the first time we played them. Personally, I don't think the outcome was ever in doubt, it was only a matter of time before our skill took over and we defended better and buried our chances.

The only thing I was really miffed about was what happened late in the game when we were up 4-3. We were on a counter-attack and pressing with numbers when we noticed one of their defenders down on the ground. We played it wide and our winger pushed it out for a stoppage in play. They gave us the ball back, no problem, fair play yadda yadda. With about 5 mins left and them attacking, our center-back is down at the top of our box (in clear view of their striker who goes around him). We yell to kick it out and their coach yells, 'keep playing' and they take a shot on target which misses. I thought that was absolutely classless, especially after we had just done the same for them moments earlier. Either way, we hung on for a well-deserved victory, but we made it entirely too hard on ourselves.

On to BC United and hopefully another W........

If someone intentionally two-footed me i would not be allowed to play in the fvsl again.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If someone intentionally two-footed me i would not be allowed to play in the fvsl again.
.....because you would kill them, right :rolleyes:.....oh sh!t, I'm sorry, my bad, I didn't realize it was 'Tough-Guy Tuesday!' As you were. :knvb:

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
.....because you would kill them, right :rolleyes:.....oh sh!t, I'm sorry, my bad, I didn't realize it was 'Tough-Guy Tuesday!' As you were. :knvb:

Knvb? Terry? Who do you think you are talking to?
Anyway, tough guy Tuesday or just a matter of fact? Fcuk, if someone said they were going to try to hurt me and then did.......I can't imagine how mad I would be.

Mb10 yes I have been accidentally two-footed because I know the guy was just being over aggressive you wooky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts