Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Croatian Summer Soccer League

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I'd start a new thread for the TTP Croats who play in the Croatian Summer Soccer League.
It's already the fourth week into the season and so far games have been pretty close with no blow-outs.

My team is in last place with only 1 point but there seems to be some sort of conspiracy aganst us. Like today, Bronco and Zucko from Croatia A decided to make their debutes against us as well as the legends Over The Top and Johnny G who played his one and only game before he heads back to Zagreb. Last week Darko and Dav from Croatia A also decided to play their first games against us. My team has no Croatia A players and only one legend (me) and I'm still 10lbs from being fit. Though I still tore through Northern Croatia's defence fairly easily and almost had the goal of the decade (only missed the top corner by inches).;)

Anyway, we lost 3-1 to Slav's tream today. Slav was invisible on the field....

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatian Summer Turnir

Reflections... Today our team(Kordun) came out and started well against the stars of Northern Croatia. We started the game playing with more pace, however we were unlucky in the finishing department. CDK especially needs to work on his finishing, the lad created many opportunities but was unable to find the back of the net. Over the Top opened the scoring with a nice goal. Our guys worked hard to find the equalizer playing with more pace and determination. 1-1 at half time. The stars of Northern Croatia started the 2nd half with good ball possession, slowing the game down. We never seemed to find our pace from then on, the stars scored their second on a chip cross by over the top as he setup one of the legends who was not marked. CDK decided enough is enough, the young lad showed the stars his mesmerizing moves and ball control. By then CDK had three guys on him at all times, opening space for our speedy strikers. However no luck in the finishing department. They scored their third goal, as we were caught with one guy back. Kind of flukey goal anyways scored by their big guy.

Zadar and Biograd(last Game today) was a good game with many shots and opportunities. Both goalies played well keeping the score down, 2-1 for Biograd I believe.

By the way CDK, Slav was not totally invisible, he did manage to get one cross in. ;)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dalamacija-Herceg/Bosna

Lost on a PK once again. 2-1. our goal so far is the goal of toruney with a sweet header. even with darko and dav it was close game. we had lui to balance it all out. but the great lui did miss a pk. it's all good. we dont' need to finish first in prelims.

i rather play the role of the upsetter!

by the way biograd more/zadar game was a 3:0 game. with dennis gettin another shutout.

damn nets gonna have to make em bigger next year. '

on another note, it's nice to see CDK out and about. not yet flying like he once did a few years back wehn we played for CRO C together but i'm sure come playoff time he'll be on fire. that's until he has to step up against us again!! :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb maybe you are jealous that you dont play in the Wop League.

Croates good job with the league hopefully it works out!!!!

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
croatian summer league

this tournament is pretty fun, the only negative thing is every
monday morning i'm gonna be hung over:p !!!

good game cdk, i saw flashes of brilliance!
i think people forgot how skillful you are, it was a pleasure
playing against you yesterday:D

(my body is aching):(

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Info on Cro Summer Tourney

Just for the people who are browsing in and wondering what kind of tourney this is.

Rules are simple.

2-25 min halves with 5min break
7 on 7 (6+goalie)
Field 40x65 YARDS
Nets 6' tall, 10' wide
All fifa rules in effect
other than no slide tackles,
goalie can't kick past center,
all free kicks direct,
change on stoppage,

other than that basic soccer.

8 Regional teams, play a round robin,
Playoff at end of round robing, 1-8,2-7,etc......

So far so good. Gets the community together on a beautiful sunday afternoon.

plus the regional division gives a little more competion. all teams have there mix of players, from premier, div 1, div 2, burnaby league, over 40's, and people who haven't played soccer in 10 years. Good Showings so far.

On a side note it's been great to have the Great Lui on our team. What a player!

Dalmacija will take the cup!

:D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BUUUUULLLL SHHHHHHIT!

Originally posted by BJB
Nets 6' tall, 10' wide

There is no fcuking way those nets are 10' wide. Otherwise my wicked shot would've been a goal! Infact, I want to launch an official protest to the organizer's of the tourney. Those nets are only 8 1/2' wide at best. That's what threw me off. My shot was meant for a goal that was 10' wide.

The organizers should owe me a case beer for building those nets too small and ruining what would have been a glorious moment for me. :mad:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry CD

The nets are 6x10, We'll make it bigger next year for ya!

Was your shot closer that lui's penalty?????

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for the ttp'ers

Ok this happend in game yesterday.

one team (let's call em X) had the ball in another teams (let's call em D) zone. The X team kicked the ball back to their own end and into there box, where the keeper picks up the ball. Is this a Penalty Shot or a Free Kick in the box for team D????? Remember all free kicks are direct.

The refs call: Penalty Shot. There were complaints. I believe it should be a penalty, cuz my team was D!!! :D we missed the penalty so it didn't really matter, but for future sake.

Let's hear the responses.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes my shot was closer than Lui's penalty you dumb tit. Lui missed by a mile. I missed by an inch. I'm bringing a tape measure to the next game.

As for your question....it's FIFA rules isn't it? Look it up!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Card to CDK!

CDK your talk will be reviewed by the CSL Board of Directors, and you may get a suspension for calling a board memeber quote:
you dumb tit

Not nice, not nice. :(

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Sundays games

Anyone with half an eye and a fundamental orifice with nogomet should know CDK's team will take the cup. I predict Sunday will be the wake-up call for the rest of the sluggers as CDK's team destroys its opponent. Vratar predicts a shut-out as his newly reinstated powder blue kit puts a blinding cuff on the oppenents ability to find their way into the box.(As long as its sunny)

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rule of thumb never peak too early. CDKs team destroys its opponent without the full team there, as a matter of fact we started out with one man short. Even though we only won by 3-1 this game could have been 10-1 for us. Good goalkeeping, many shots missing by inches and too flamboyant at times kept the score down. But thats OK we will be peaking just in time for the play-offs to take the cup.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK still has it.....

Great job by CDK in scoring i believe 2 goals. i saw one, but i heard he scored 2. Looks like he's getting back to his good ol days!!!

Congrats CDK. :eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only scored one. The other one people are talking about must've been that set up, ala Lucio for Micheal Owen, for the goal the other team scored. But then, I'm sure you already knew that, didn't you BJB?:mad:

The good ol'days were over ten years ago. Back when the Captain dazzled us with his skills for the 86ers, Guns N' Roses were cool and Regs had a full head of hair.

Next up, the team we are now tied with for second last.:rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oof! We got hammered 3-0. I played like absolute shite and am considering burning my boots and quiting the game. Though I was playing with a pulled groin and sprained ankle, that was no excuse for the 'Fastshow-like' performance I turned in.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh well

We got hammered alright, 3-0 by an average team. Keep your head up CDK, we all played shite, especially me. Anyways I still believe the playoffs will be another story. Vratar will show the Croatian soccer community his acrobatic and fearless Goalkeeping skills (like in the good ol days) come playoffs. There is nooooooo vay we will lose in cup play.

bythewaycdkdidyoufigureoutwhichoneiwasinthatcroatiascyouthpicture.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another win for my lot as we got all the points over a highly rated team, Bundes Lika. I sat out the game, resting a groin injuy for the playoffs. Our record finishes 2-4-1 and now in the knockout stage we face Biograd, the second placed team that features Croatia A's goalie Dennis Mrsic, Croatia A's striker Mark Banicevic and Argentina's boy wonder Adrian Kekec.

Mrsic had his first goal of the tournament scored on him in the final game by the legend Lui Miljanovic in a 1-0 loss. Biograd's loss opened the door for Slav's and Bronco's Northern Croatia (by far the ugliest team in the tourny minus overthetop) to take top spot which they did convincingly (5-0) against an undermaned Zadar.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0