Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CPL Financial Structure / Standing

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are people's opinions on the salaries?

I have to be honest, for what this league is supposed to be, I'm OK w/ it. I'd like to see something added like the CHL Agreement Major Junior players get, where every year of service in the league gets you a year of Canadian University paid education....that's really about it, though!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like that idea as well Dude but I believe once a player turns pro they can’t play collegiate sports. Never mind. I guess they can still do the education part of course. My bad, get off me.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like that idea as well Dude but I believe once a player turns pro they can’t play collegiate sports. Never mind. I guess they can still do the education part of course. My bad, get off me.

That's only for NCAA. USports deducts 1 year of university elgibility for every year you play pro with an exception made for the players in CPL that are part of the USports draft.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct. So, at least the incentive here would be to give your pro career a go, and have x number of years to fall back on going to school.

You could even come up w/ a modified system: let's say you have younger players 15-18, why not sign an amateur contract w/ no pay (only meal money, etc.) where the player maintains status?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like York are following in the footsteps of FC Edmonton

Apparently attendance at their match vs VFC was under 900.

2 clubs folding in 2 years would be a bad indicator for CPL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Are they not moving to a new facility or something "soonish" at Woodbine?

I'm surprised there were 900 at that match - from what I understand, weather was pretty bad all the way up to just before KO?

Anyways, for the near future, just get rid of the shipping container "VIP" sections - so mickey mouse looking, especially when they are ALL empty :)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure about the weather, but sounds like a lesson on why covered stands are such a good idea. Maybe someone in Langley ought to take notice.

I'm not sure what the story is with woodbine. Maybe that hit a snag and that pushed ownership off the cliff.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The thing about Langley as I understand it, is that the township "owns" the stadium and thus will probably take some time for further investment towards adding a roof and replacing the field playing surface. There is A LOT of red tape and hoops to jump through, I think VFC had to wait 2 weeks or something recently, just to be able to open their offices at LEC to the public (paraphrasing here and I may or may not have had one too many adult beverages when talking to Sparky and Jolly about it).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts