Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Covid and Soccer

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
These are definitely strange times with Covid and we're all excited about getting back to playing the beautiful game... but if you are feeling sick or got a Covid test and awaiting results then stay the fcuk at home.

A game was played over the weekend between team A and team B. Team A had a player test positive for Covid on Sunday or Monday morning. Team B got the news about it on Monday afternoon. That means the player got his Covid Test and violated regulations by not self isolating until he got his test back. What a piece of shite.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the league suggesting? Should the league not be responsible for a clear action plan?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A public health official would have already been directly in contact with the manager of both teams with guidance that would likely be no more than to notify everyone present for the match to as @machel says "monitor for symptoms"

They would have also done an extensive interview with the person who tested positive and identified any "close contacts" -- anyone they drove with to/from the match, anyone they sat next to on the team bench for an extended period, etc -- and then followed up directly with those people with more specific instructions regading quarantine/testing.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am 99.7 percent sure that both teams players and families will be fine with no short or long term health issues. Stats are facts.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You notify those in contact. Those in contact get tested, self isolate until test results. If negative, move along. If positive, that person then needs to do the contact tracing thing with authorities, w/ exception of previously mentioned teammates whom have tested as they have already been contacted and presumably getting tested. .

This is Public Health official guidelines. Been there, done that, had one daughter get tested (negative), and those were the guidelines communicated to us.

Not for any league to set guidelines, only to follow public health. And yes, Machel, sounds like said player is an ass. Whatever you think of this desease, just his act alone creates so much handwringing and actions that could have otherwise been avoided if he'd just not played that day.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I read something this week where the VISL officially announced the "current" season is cancelled.

Any rumblings outta VMSL and FVSL camps?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe end of April Bonnie says for youth sports.
no evidence showing outdoors is even dangerous. But we just sit here and take it.
stop complying people. This will never end until we take our own lives and freedoms back. If your scared and a fcuking pussy. Stay home. Period.
Some of us have lives to live.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHL can play? Movies are being filmed. Restaurants are packed. Buses are full. Schools are open. Big box stores have line ups. Costco packed.
But no outdoor sports? With zero data?
would the by law tickets even hold up in court?

kids playing soccer equals to a 85 year old dying in an old age home? Huh? Somebody. Make it make any sense. Even a little. Cause I’m so fcuking done. Non compliance is the only option now.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hong kong lol GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man makes some indisputable points. Apathy has set in hard. Play dates are happening, people are getting out to restaurants; packed restaurants full of 4 & 6 chair tables. Obviously all aren’t from sale house. Grocery stores full operational. Schools. Why are we still restricting sports? Why are we restricting healthy endeavors at this point?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand restricting indoor sports to a degree. If there is evidence of reoccurring outbreaks, ok fair enough. “If “being the key world. Why not come out and say outside is the safest place to be, my advice put your kid in outdoor activities. Those are the sports we are looking to the least restrictions on. I don’t understand this all for one one for all nonsense.

All I know is you can’t keep everyone happy. when business are closing and people are struggling we bitch, when it gets opened to help save these business’ people bitch. There is no way to keep everyone happy. Some decisions are calculated risks. Obviously some political. Plenty not based on hard science. I don’t think youth soccer is her top priority. Take your kid to the park, play small games with friends. I don’t think anyone cares.

God I can’t imagine the current population being forced to go to war. Hey Sarg, I’m a sport sock guy I can’t fight in these. Time out! I got a cramp here fellas. Guys I’m sad today, can’t go out there. fcuk we are soft.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0