Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Courses and review's

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golf anyone?

Please feel free to praise or trash any of the courses you may have played recently.

I'm off to Point Roberts golf course on Saturday. Has anyone played it yet? My parents have a cabin down there and I've taking a bike ride through the area and it looks awesome. Does it play as well as it looks?

I was at Guilford on Monday and it was in good shape compared to it's usual untidiness. The Fairway's are the best I've seen them in years, but the greens bite! Slow Slow Slow. I fear how many putts I'm going to waste on a regular green by trying to muscle it up to the hole like I had to at Guilford. The Greens keepers must be bitter red headed step children who only go to work to hang out back and smoke pot.

AL-A TheRob ~ Discuss......

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pot is rampant in the AMSL.

Did someone say smoke pot? Would that get detected by the stringent AMSL dopers?

TheRob played Swan E Set yesterday. Aside from the wind it was a beautiful day for golf. I have heard that they are supposed to have the best drainage around. Personally I thought that it sucked. It hasn't rained much this week and the course was soaking wet. Other than that the course was in sweeeet shape. I enjoyed my first round of the year. I enjoyed calling my buddy while I was on the fifth fairway and he was at work, and heckling him even more.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point Roberts

KNVB,

You will love your time at the Point. The course is excellent and is in great shape........they charge an arm and a leg to play, especially on the weekends, but everyone that I have spoken to say it is one of the best lower mainland courses around, despite the $80.00 !

John

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks John I looking forward to seeing the ruff and surrounding out of bounds area's very much. Are there waters clear? Can I see my ball when it drops in? :rolleyes:

I have some bad news for you though. It's $65.00 CDN on the Weekends. Did your buddy give you the old "Give me the Money it's $80 bucks, I've already put it on my card ?" routine. Then proceed to buy you beer with your left over cash? Classic stuff. :D

If it's as good as most say $65.00 already sounds like a great deal. I usually play Northview or Morgan creek which are great courses, but hardly worth the lofty summer time price especially Morgan Creek. I heard they were up to $95.00 for a weekend T-time. Brutal....

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

The price was what we were told the summer rates were going to be back when we played in the early spring.........besides, that is what I usually do for forsomes that I book:eek:

Enjoy,

John

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Portal

Ducking out of work early to catch a round at Peace Portal. This is one of my Favourite course. It will challenge every shot in your bag and even make you invent a few more if you stray off into the heavy tree's that line the fairways.

John~ It's $53.00 no matter what your buddies say. ;)

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took my life in my hands and strayed into KNVB's territory this morning for a visit to the Surrey Golf Club. I was very impressed. Fairways and greens were in surprisingly good shape for a course that gets as much play as that one does. The price was great too. On days that they have a shotgun tournament in the afternoon, they have a public shotgun at 8am. $32 is not bad at all for golf on a friday morning. Good times were had by all.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

Portal is one of my favorites too........and for some reason it likes me too.......I somehow always shoot well there!

I played at Riverway the other week, and my god is that a tough course! Very reasonably priced at $45.00 on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know anyone that shoots there handicap at that course. For me and those that have the misfortune to be playing with me at the time, always shoot 10 shots higher than your average course.

Does anyone know or could you KNVB, ask when you are at the point this weekend how much twilight is at the new Point Roberts course?

Cheers,

John

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
43 front

Did I say it was one of my favorites? I meant to say this course sucks tits! Shot a 93 to go with the 93 beer I need to drink to get the sour taste out of my mouth.

Hope the point goes better. :mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point Roberts

As John has said the Point is a fabulous course. It's in great shape and the scenery is unbelievable. I saw no less than 10 Bald eagles flying over head. I nearly killed one with a wicked 5 iron from the tee, but that's another story.

The only knock I have on the course is the greens are super fast. My mid irons were on fire (accuracy) but when I hit the green they were cut so tight nothing stayed. Scads of 3 puts as well. I would say if you're a 15-20 handicap and like to drive the ball, play the blues. The whites are just a bit too short for a longer hitter. They are all in the 340 to 360 range. I was stuck with a few 4 and 5 iron's off the tee. They have gold tee's as well.

There is a club house being built and should be done for mid August or something. So there were no beers sales, but at $5.99 a 2-4 at the local gas station why buy their beer. :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point Roberts

Played it late May and was impressed as well. Very nice layout and wildlife I am assuming that you guys teed off on #18 to start because they were using the portable as the clubhouse right now?

Between our threesome (3,10,12 handicaps) we probably hit 10 G.I.R. The greens were like cement. If you landed on the green anywhere it got a large 5-6 foot bounce and rolled off the back or if we tried to lay up and let it roll on it wouldn't make it to the green because a majority of the greens have a up slope to get onto the green which makes it tough to roll one up. Made for alot of soft flop shots to get near the pin.

Would like to play it again and see if the greens are always like that.

Is it just me or did the clubhouse look rather small and very close to being rattled with hooks into the 18th green (slices for lefties)?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Northview Canal

Great course. Played it today, $25 at 6:00 but if you get there early, you can get out early too. Well groomed, open but with a lot of sand and strategically placed water hazards. I recommend it. Never played the ridge so I can't compare the two but I was impressed by its often overlooked sister course.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OD~ You're right. The Cannel is a players course. It's not often that you even need a wood of the tee. A Well placed 4 or 5 Iron will serve you well. The Cannel is also much more forgiving than the Ridge. For the Money I would play it more times than not, but that would be the only reason.

The Ridge is simply awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0