Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Countdown to the Hart Trophy 2.

Who should win the Hart Trophy?

• Martin Brodeur

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Peter Forsberg

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Marcus Naslund

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NHL releases award finalists
Canadian Press

4/30/2003

NEW YORK (CP) - Vancouver Canucks left-winger Markus Naslund, Colorado Avalanche centre Peter Forsberg and New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur were named finalists for the NHL's Hart Trophy on Wednesday.

Forsberg and Naslund - with 106 points and 104 points respectively - were two of the league's three 100-point men this season while Brodeur led the NHL with 41 victories along. The Devils goalie also had a strong 2.02 goals-against average.

It's the first Hart Trophy nomination for all three.

Nominees for seven awards were announced, including the Hart, which is given to the league's most valuable player to his team.

Winners are to be announced June 12 at the league's televised awards night in Toronto.
Will our man Marcus win the Hart? Tune into CBC June 12 to see.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one could imagine that due to the stripping away of precious hardware from our man marcus at the end of the season, the league would consider this and award him the hart. most certainly a stellar, quality performer all year, regardles of the situation, Naslund deserved to win.

Nazzy is the man!

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brodeur

Have to go with Brodeur on this one. With the minimal amount of scoring the devils did (especially in the first half of the season) the Devils quite posssibly wouldn't even be in the playoffs. He was definately the most valuable to his team this year.
It would be good to see a Canuck win the Hart trophy,but I just don't see that happening.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is, Who is the Most Valuable to thier Team right

With that in mind it is easy, Nazzy is the Man.

He is the Captain of Nucks team that was in so need of leadership, not even the Leaders of Leader Mess could bring to this team.
He has helped develop one of the most dangerous lines in hockey, and probably the best the Nucks have ever had. He played with and helped Morrison develop into a 1st line Centre which is not his natural position. Plus he has worked with Bert, who has been very inconsitant in his game before playing with Nazzy.

He has been so valuable to his team, that I don't think the Nucks would habe finished close to where they did in the standings without him.

HOS

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS.

Same can be said for Forsberg, he made Hejduk a 50 goal scorer. And when Sakic was out basically carried the Avs to the division title.

Another thing if they look at the stats Nazzy and Bert were relativly equal so you can say if Nazzy was in a slump Bert was scoring so in my opionion Forsberg was more valuable to his team and scored more points in less games.

Dont get me wrong Nazzy a Hart Winner would be great but sorry guys Forseberg will take it.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was listening to Harry Neal on Sports Talk the other night and he said Brodeur would win the Hart but not the Vezina,.

He said that Turco would win.

?????????????

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts