Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats MetroFord U15s and Jonesy!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"We’ve worked really hard for this and we’ve prepared extensively for this," CMFSC Coach Dan Jones said. "It’s very important to the club, because we’re a second-year club, we’ve worked really hard this year to become one of the top clubs and we wanted to take something away from it.

"You can see the emotion of everyone here and all the teams that are supporting us. It’s like they all won today, and that’s really an awesome experience for us. We’re proud to be in the Super Y and we want to show that, and we want to come back every year and challenge for this."

United Soccer Leagues (USL)

Well done DJ!

Cheers,

Regs.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Dan and the boys from CMF.

Dan, interested to know how many of your present U16B team were on the Y league team?

Will be interesting to see if the BC Y league teams still exist once the proposed HPL league comes into existance.Hard to run both programs and keep them sustainable at an elite level. Hope so as it gives our youth a great opputunity to compete with the top American Youth teams. Will HPL do this? Oh well. perhaps another thread, but for now again, huge congrats to CMF on a fine championship!

Gaffa...who hasn't posted for a long time!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to MF!

This would be the fifth title for the teams from Lower Mainland if I am not mistaken:

1. 2004 – Whitecaps FC (boys U-13)

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=1984

2. 2008 – Mountain FC (boys U-16)

http://supery.uslsoccer.com/finals/291332.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfixAOuYYgI

3 and 4. 2009 – Coastal FC (boys U-16 and girls 16)

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3946

http://www.coastalfc.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96:champions-u16-boys&catid=1:latest&Itemid=19

5. 2010 – Metro Ford (boys U-15)

http://supery.uslsoccer.com/home/482703.html

I hope I did not miss anybody.

http://uslsoccerfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=57

Teams from BC joined in 2004.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks everyone!

It was a lot of work for our coaching and managerial staff but also a lot of fun. The boys deserve all the credit! They battled like warriors and never gave up once. They faced a lot of adversity with some rough calls against them (a sending off 20 minutes into our final group game and a PK call against us with 4 minutes to go in the final) but undeterred, they shook it off and kept battling away. I'm so proud of them!

Thanks to everyone who came down to support us and those at home who did the same. It was really neat to have the other Canadian teams down there cheering us on like it was a US/Canada hockey match up. We appreciate it!!!

And thanks to TTP for recognizing this achievement. It means so much to the boys to know that older players give them... how do they say it... props! Cheers!

I also want to say how bad we felt for the Mountain and Abby boys that made the final and semifinals in the U16 age groups. There are some fantastic players on those sides and they deserved better. They were just gutted after those games.

Gaffa,

The boys on my U16B (really U15 age group) CMF Barca side are '96 born players while my U15 Y league players are late born '94's and early born '95's. Different group but just as good and awesome to work with. Almost all of them went down with the U13 and U14 CMF sides (1 with the U14 Mountain side) and gained valuable experience.

These boys may have been overlooked for the BC teams, NTC and residency programs (as are all players in the Super Y League) but as the Mountain, Abby, Coastal, Surrey, etc... coaches will tell you, there is some excellent and potential awesome talent within the league. It's a terrific option for those late born and late maturers who get overlooked for those other programs and keeps them developing, giving them the chance to be the "older" or matured player and playing against players "their" age.

Something that won't happen with the HPL which is too bad.

Another topic for another day.

Thanks again!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Congrats Metro-Ford U15s and Jonesy!

On the heels of our big week...

New BC High Performance League coming, no more Super Y-League (pdf format)

BC Soccer is proposing a new High Performance League with U-13 to U18 teams from Vancouver Island to the Interior competing from March to November and run by a board of governors operating under the auspices of BC Soccer.

The HPL will be a positive step in BC (decreasing the number of teams and getting rid of the very restrictive out of district rule) but not good news for the late-born's/late developers that are developed in the Super Y league (August to August birth-dates). Maybe they will rectify this in the future. Hopefully, coaches and evaluators will look more rigorously for talent rather than size. Not something we do particularly well in Canada - nor the US for that matter.

Success in Soccer touches on this and I truly think that Canada Soccer pays attention to this, we'll double the number of players and talent at the elite level.
Sample Article PDF

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

On the heels of our big week...

New BC High Performance League coming, no more Super Y-League (pdf format)

BC Soccer is proposing a new High Performance League with U-13 to U18 teams from Vancouver Island to the Interior competing from March to November and run by a board of governors operating under the auspices of BC Soccer.

The HPL will be a positive step in BC (decreasing the number of teams and getting rid of the very restrictive out of district rule) but not good news for the late-born's/late developers that are developed in the Super Y league (August to August birth-dates). Maybe they will rectify this in the future. Hopefully, coaches and evaluators will look more rigorously for talent rather than size. Not something we do particularly well in Canada - nor the US for that matter.

Success in Soccer touches on this and I truly think that Canada Soccer pays attention to this, we'll double the number of players and talent at the elite level.
Sample Article PDF

Danny, I agree. This is a very positive step. Congrats on your Y-League success and good luck with your club team.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"BC Soccer is proposing a new High Performance League with U-13 to U18 teams from Vancouver Island to the Interior competing from March to November and run by a board of governors operating under the auspices of BC Soccer."

Why a creation of a new league when the calendar could have been changed from Sep - Mar to Mar - Nov and ridiculous "out of district" rule thrown out? Everything else (metro/selects, gold, silver, bronze leagues) could have stayed the same!

Provincial team (BC) could have been run at the same time and maybe 1 (or 2) Y-team(s).

It looks to me that somebody is greedy to get hands on money that parents spend on Y-League competition.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone explain the HPL league to me in full? Things like weather or not winter soccer is going to be overtaken by this with it ending in november, and why they would remove the district rule ( all the best players will go to one team ), will the provincial team be disappearing (if it even still exists), how many teams and which teams will be participating, is this going to affect teams going to nationals and like cs asked how much will it cost? I can't judge it without knowing things about it but from what i'm reading it doesn't sound needed to me, but then again even the y-league took steps backwards when it added more bc teams ( when i played y-league there were only 4 bc teams; the whitecaps, abby fraser valley, victoria, and at some age groups thompson okanagon). Personally i think that system was the best way around things, why not revert to that? As now it seems that it made the y-league a weaker challenge to get to florida for bc teams when we was already doing fine against teams such as washington crossfire, portland, etc. Btw i'm Not taking anything away from mf as there is still those kinda teams down in florida and it's a great achivement for what they did as i've played in the finals down there and it was some of the best soccer i've ever played. Just trying to get a clear understanding and hopefully knowone takes offence to what i'm saying. thanks

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Provincial Teams and NTC will not be disappearing. If you read the document its all in there.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Danny, I agree. This is a very positive step. Congrats on your Y-League success and good luck with your club team.

Does this kill the small club or are we going to see bigger clubs as a result of HPL ---small clubs would have to merge or?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indicates in the document it will cost what it currently costs a metro/select player

No, the document says this: "Costs for the program should be comparable to costs for a metro player who also plays Y league." So, this means anywhere from $1,000 per season; more likely double that amount.

Simply, this is just a shift from spending money on Y-league to spending money on HPL. Another money grab, nothing else.

This league does not make any sense to me. Again, why new league when only the calendar could have been changed?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1000 to play a season.....FML. If my kid was good enough they wouldn't be playing at that cost. Unfcukingbelievable what it costs to play soccer nowadays.....and usually just to fill the pockets of a lot of 'professional' coaches.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts