Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College/University

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone catch the result of SFU vs Warner Pacific College? 1-0 WPC, which is not a good thing considering the WPC Mens Soccer program is only in it's second year after a few years off.

WPC coach Bernie Fagan however indicated that the scoreline did not tell the tale of the game. Apparently SFU outshot WPC 22-2 and the game was played under heavy rain and strong winds.

Still though, not a good start for Elligot one would think.

Any TTPers playing college/university this fall? Sensei?

~TB.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm back at Langara for another kick at the can. If we are to make the trip to Medecine Hat in November, it will be our third consecutive trip to the CCAA National Championships. Of course, all this talk is extremely premature given the fact that we still haven't trimmed our roster down to 20 as of yet, and our two exhibition scores were unflattering to say the least (no, I won't post them).

A brief run-down: we return 8 players from last year's team (7 roster players; 1 redshirt), all of whom have been to and won at least 1 national title. We also have brought in a solid core of freshman talent. Still, we're not as foolish to think that the league will be as easily won for us as it was last season. We've lost three national tourney all-stars in John Rogers, John Blair and Dave Griffiths. Also, several teams are returning solid teams - namely Malaspina, Cariboo, Douglas and Capilano, with the latter hosting the Provincial championships on the new Carson Graham fieldturf pitch in October. Should be interesting.

As for some University news, today's Sun stated that VMSL scoring sensation Shane Mummery, of Sapperton, will be suiting up for UBC this season. Hmmmm......apparently he will be paired up front with former University College of the Cariboo frontrunner Chris Moscatello to make up the T-Birds attack.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei~

Looking forward to giving you guys a run on Monday night! How's your late kick off? now miss wraslin. FYI. Surrey will have a real rag tag team out there lots of our youth guys and lots of new guys looking for spots. It should be interesting to say the least. Not to sound the alarm but I don't think we have a goalie yet for that game!? You may see your truly dawn the mits.

How does young Trever Rosencrans look?? He had a good summer with us, lots of helpers came from the left side.

Something about Mums and scoring don't quite go together!!!:mad:

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oi, hansons

i think that any team behind a scoring threat the likes of
SHANE MUMMERY
has a very bright future ahead of it :rolleyes:
you guys are missing a crucial player and
dominant force in JOLLY(another quality product o
DELTA:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

We should have a pretty decent lineup out for monday night's match....we're still missing a few bodies but have now trimmed the roster to where we don't have to play the fodder for any lengthy time. As for Rosie, he has done well thus far in training camp.....although slotting him at left back was an experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong. Rose still hasn't mastered that whole "tackling" thing. I (and the rest of the defensive unit) are anxiously awaiting his return to the midfield, where he can go to the well with that left-right-left step-over move as many times as he pleases, whipping in crosses with such venom and swerve that the possibility of beheading a fellow stiker or opposing defender is entirely within reason. Oh yeah, if you can remember, ask him about the time I puked over all 4 of his car door handles at last year's rookie night. Good times....good times.....

Knowone,

Jolly = John Rogers. If you read (go on, take your time, its okay) my previous post he gets a mention in there somewhere as one of the key player losses for this season. Congrats on being from the same city as he is. You must be so proud. I'm surprised Blair hasn't popped up with some sort of Ladner pride thing yet. Ah, give it time.

Regards,
-sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And for today's "Take Foot Out Of Mouth" award:

Shane Mummery scored both goals for UBC last night in their 2-0 Raisio Cup victory over Simon Fraser. Scoring sensation indeed.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei Hanson,

will play for some "lerb" , Cap has offered a pound but A.C. milan doubled it. I might even retire and stick to the italian league and it's infamous thread.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's quite a steep asking price, but I'm sure you're worth all of it and a bag of chips (for the munchies, surely). Rumour has it that your ACM striking partner Campadelli was offering his services to several BC post-secondary educational institues as well, but all he recieved in the way of offers was a nickle-bag and a roach-clip. My brother tells me you Cap lads are trying to poach yet another Veneto player into the hallowed halls of the Sportsplex.....any truth to the rumours? Enquiring minds.....

tryingtodrawgoodol'scilacibacktotheforums,

-Sensei.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be so proud. I'm surprised Blair hasn't popped up with some sort of Ladner pride thing yet. Ah, give it time.

Maybe I am missing a piss take here, which is possible, but JOLLY - John Rogers, JR is from Tsawwassen. That is like saying I am from England. Even worse it is like saying someone from Springfield is from Shelbeyville.........:)

He is a solid player though.

Captain

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei~

I don't think anyone told rosey about the other half of the field! He just thinks thats the side where we start before the whistle blows. It is good to know that your defence is run down and tired that will help us when we play a solid game of dump and chase tonight;) You are in luck because our keeper is still out. So your's truly will tend the twin tonight. I hope I don't hurt my back picking balls out of the net!:D

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last nights game

Sensei~

I take it the game didn't go good last night or i would have been reading about it just now on how you defeated surrey U. Either you didn't post for the reason that you lost or because you got home to late from Lucovic running you guys after the game.

Anyone care to update me on what happened?knvb, sensei or any others that played or attended the game.

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB~

Surrey 4 ugly green kit 0

It was nil nil at the half with surrey playing some not bad stuff and langara running aroud like mad men! ( I don't think they know how to jog ) Half time Surrey put on some of the riff raff and took off Dobbin and it was all us from then on. We scored 4 in about 35 sec. and coasted from there. Your's truly had his First and maybe not last shutout with not a whole lot to do.

I now know why all keepers are a bit squirley there is some much time to do nothing but day dream! and stare at fan/girls on the side lines:rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not bad for a striker

Sensei

What the hell happened last night in the game, what half did you play in, by the sounds of it you must have played in the second have and had a great outing. How can surrey not score with having all the riff raff on the bench in the first and score 4 in the second within seconds, what is that saying about your team knvb

:D

As for your shutout knvb, i hope that you didn't pull anything while you were back there, like your neck trying to look at all the birds flying by.

cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jb~

Strong bench???? I'm sure it had something to do with me being in net. ( Did I mention I got a shutout ) We were sitting back for the first 30 mins. or so trying not to let them get a shot off. It wasn't total riff raff that came on it was more that Dobbin came off!;)

Sensei~ which # were you and how many off your shots did I save??

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps~

Keep your head up! Those nasty rumers that say I'm starting for Metro Ford next year just are not ture. I'm going to shore up the 96ers for a cool $3000.00:rolleyes:

And yes I do belive I did get a shutout last night! Thanks I almost foregot.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb the keeper

knvb,

That's the way it starts... Be very careful. Back at Cap (a long time ago) I made the mistake of filling in for the keeper after an injury. With a shut-out under your wings, you'll be the first to be called on next time. Next thing you know you'll be the starting keeper mid-season and, trust me, the birds on the sidelines are not the same in December in the rain.

Bitter.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan~

Cheers for the heads up!! I should have realized this from last year when I went from up front to the back to left right out. I think some of that "keeper dafftness" has set in. I'm already thinking if I polished my black boots with brown polish what color would I make?? Or if I should leave the water bottle inside the net or out??? AAHHHHHHHH:eek: :confused:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

Yeah, yesterday was a strange match. I thought we did well in the first half, but the second we came out flat and watched you guys to score 4 goals in 20 minutes. Ouch. As for myself - I didn't play last night - our back up keeper, Cam, is heading off to Miami and needed to get some minutes under his belt before taking an extended non-playing layoff. For what its worth, I thought he played very well and didn't have much of a chance on any of the goals. During all of this, I stood on the sidelines and played cheerleader.

As for the ugly green kit, it tends to look a little better when all the players are wearing matching shorts and socks. Nothing hurts worse than a guy wearing a green top with black shorts and navy socks - we looked like Ragamuffin FC last night. Remind me to thank your legions of fans (who the hell shows up to cheer on a 9pm exhibition game, in the rain, with beer in tow?) for their witty banter throughout the match. The "Gee, I wish I played for Langara" chant was especially classy.

As for your shutout, well earned. You actually made two great saves, one off Rosie's free kick and another off a diving header in the second. You almost ruined it with those massive volleyball-ish spikes you threw at a few of our crosses, but given the fact that you're used to heading airborne balls rather than catching them, well done.

Blair,

Judging by your 3am post you're still a little shaken at the lack of a phone call to play last night. I can just see that pasty white Scottish exterior of yours going all shades of blotchy red with anger, steam pouring out of your ears, murmuring "Oooooh, those bastard Langara guys. I could have stopped the bleeding at the back if they just called me to play. Why didn't they call? Why didn't they call?" We'll give you a ring next time, honest. Seeya at training.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei~

Welcome to a Surrey game!!! If you've never played against a Surrey team (and not just ours) you must learn to deal with the trailer trash! They are a faithful bunch and all class ( 3rd class most of them)!!

Volleyball-ish spikes????:confused: I do remember 1 wiff but I wouldn't go as far to say I threw one at it I prefer to say the light was in my eyes and my timeing was a bit off. :rolleyes: I thought you would come over and introduce yourself but I guess you wanted nothing more than to take off the ming show kit of yours and get out of there.

"gee I wish I played for Langara":D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts