Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College/University

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game times

Saturday Game times:

Langara vs Fraser Valley - 12pm - Inter River in North Van.

UCC vs Douglas - 2pm - Cap College

Sunday Game times:

Final

2pm at Cap College

Inter River is located close to Cap. Once you take the exit to go to Cap, you turn left instead of going straight threw the lights. Then take a right by the Hotel. It should be up that road.

Go Langara!

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langara Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Langara 2
Douglas 0

A great game with lots of intensity! Don't have time to give a match report, but it was fun to watch. Good luck in Medicine Hat boys!

Cheers, Gomes

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, a good game indeed. I thought we did fairly well in the first half - although we were clearly outmatched physically and size-wise, we did a decent job of containing their attack and creating some of our own chances.

The second half proved that we were the fitter side, although I think their marathon shootout win over Cariboo the day before really took the wind out of their sails. They looked knackered. Jeff Nolan and Derek Gardner each put home goals midway through the half, Gardner's on a sweet left-footed volley while turning towards goal. Nice.

So, this "shite" Langara team is off to Nationals again (where is 2 Left Feet?). Its been a strange season (like going 0-for-the-preseason, and getting wellied 3-buzz against Douglas in our first game), but credit is due to the lads for stepping it up defensively in the playoffs. I didn't have too much work and we didn't allow a single goal in the semis or final.

Now its onto Medecine Hat where the current temperature is minus 14. Yay.

Off to get pissed,
-Sensei.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senei...

Let me give you some advice about Medicine Hat. I played on the Fraser Valley team that went there for the 95 nationals. Holy F$#K was it cold. -40 with wind chill. Bundle up, bring some gloves, a bonnet and some hot shots. Good luck and make a couple trips to the Liquor Barn. :cool:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're going to a city with a store called the "Liquor Barn". Sweeeeeeet.

Thanks for the heads up - how bad were the fields there? Are we talking frozen tundra? We've already been told to bring sixes, multis, turf shoes and runners in the event we play on an icey surface during the tourney.

I also learned today that NAIT will be representing Alberta as the province's #1 seed, to go along with Medecine Hat College as the host seed. Humber College won from Ontario, while the Quebec and Atlantic reps have still not been posted. Although it looks like John Abbot will go from Quebec and either Kings College or University of New Brunswick St Johns will go from the Atlantics.

Hopefully, we'll have 'net access so I can do a HOSS-like reportage from the bitter cold of the Hat. I'll keep you all posted.

-Sensei.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck

Good luck up there. Hopefully you'll be able to bring home a National Championship to BC. Our teams haven't been farring very well lately on the National scene...

Has anyone been following the progress of SFU in the NAIA and UBC, UVIC, and Trinity in the CIAU (or whatever the fukc it's called now)? :confused:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei...

Most of us wore multi's, but it didn't matter because the ground was like a bumpy ice rink. They did have turbo jet heaters in small tents beside the field though. And if you get the chance, try and get a massage by the Russian physio. She will massage the affected area and the surrounding area. Full on ass massage. Oh ya. Maybe bring some Baileys for the tent. The liquor barn was something else. Huge selection and cheaper than BC because of the taxes. Try heading to the strip joint for an interesting afternoon. Not the Cecil that's for sure. Good luck.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck Sensei,

Make sure you stay warm and bring lots of the lerb. Believe me, a couple of junta's on a cold night makes you fel very good:)

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei, Gomes, et all Langara players,

Congrats on the wins this weekend, I had physio with Marc this morning and he told me all about it. Good luck in the Hat and bring home another title for the Falcons !!

Cheers, Mackers.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams are settled

Here are the 6 teams, with current rankings, that will be participating in the CCAA National Championships. Previous rankings and home provinces are in parentheses.

1. Langara Falcons (BC) ( 4)
2. FX Garneau Elans (QC) ( 5)
3. Humber Hawks (ON) ( 1)
4. NAIT Ooks (AB) (13)
5. UNBSJ Seawolves (AC) ( 7)
6. Medicine Hat Rattlers (AB) (NR)

Checking canada.com today, I learned that the current weather situation in Medicine Hat isn't all that bad. The temperature is still above freezing level, with highs of 12 degrees and lows dropping to the 1-3 degrees area. The Liquor Barn awaits.

-Sensei.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky UBC

Hawks Win Second Title In A Row

Gold Medal Game

Wilfrid Laurier University 2-1 UBC

(Nov 10) HALIFAX - Typical first half of any final. Both teams start out playing mostly defence, trying to eliminate mistakes. Laurier the defending champions and UBC the program with the most CIS wins and titles are both confident in their ability to play at this level.

For most of the half the team were tentative, feeling each other out. But after 30 minutes the teams started to look good, playing quick passes and attacking with numbers. For the last 15 minutes of the half, both teams had a few good chances, UBC had the edge of play, but the half time score was 1-1.

Laurier scored first on a penalty kick after an extended amount of posession in the Thunderbirds zone. The UBC defender attempted to vlear the ball, and he swung his elbow in the direction of a Golden Hawks striker. Nicki Budalic (Kitchener) finished the penalty easily.(30min)

After the restart, UBC took the ball down the left and Terry Bell (Coutney) was fouled next to the corner flag. They played the free kick just like a corner and Kasra Asrar Haghighi (Vancouver) beat the goalkeeper to the near post to head the ball in the net.(34 min)

Both teams were full of life after halftime. The game was gouing from end to end, with both teams playing great defence in their defending third of the field. There were a few shots on net, but neither team looked like scoring.

Kasra Asrar Haghighi of UBC has been the target man for the Thunderbirds this half who have dominated play, keeping posession in the Golden Hawks end. Budalic has beem the key player for Laurier and when he touches the ball he always looks dangerous either looking toward goal or setting up one of his teammates.

With 10 minutes to go the Halifax fans started to cheer. It is a cold day and the fans were exercising their lungs. Chants of U-B-C and LAU-RI-ER urrupteed. The chants seemed to put both teams in overdirve.

With 2 minutes remaiining, First Team All Canadian midfielder Wojciech Cwik took a low hard shot that deflected off a defender and found its way into the net.

Well done Mosh and the rest of the UBC lads

Cheers

DJ

FatJoe

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BCIT

Do any of you fellows know if BCIT still fields a team in the college league? I heard they dont, can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no team

Fat Joe there has been no BCIT for approx 3 years I believe the last year they were in the league was my first.

Cheers
JB

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BCIT

Fat Joe,

It was overdue, really.

I played there in 1994 & 1995. We definitely had the players and facilities, but next to no support from the school. Funny, it seemed the only fans we had were from the Nurses dorms, because we played and practiced right below their house (not such a bad thing!). Most people didn’t even know the team existed. There were some very good players at the school; since it was located in Burnaby, we got a lot of the I-ties and Croats. In fact, my first year there were only three non I-ties or Croats- myself, Rob Tieves from Kelowna, and a guy named Mick from England.

The problem is that most BCIT students are only there for 2 years. We had extremely heavy course loads (8-10 courses / semester for me), so training wasn’t ideal. We’d manage 10-15 guys out, but we could only commit twice / week, while other schools were 3-4, even 5 days per week. We had some pretty decent turnout for try-outs, but always lost a few good players as soon as they found out their course load.

I think the administration finally just decided that sports weren’t important enough @ BCIT, and pulled the plug on all the teams competing in the BCCAA. Too bad, really. It was a good experience, and pretty competitive ball as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0