Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College/University

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TB, please don't try to fool me by pretending that you are friendly with this group of young up 'n' cummers. Your friend is in England and he doesn't know these fellows from Adam. Carry on now, old baldheaded one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carry on now, old baldheaded one

You're what, 5 foot 2 on a windy day? You'd be hard pressed to ride the roller-coaster at the PNE, nevermind being able to see what's on top of my lid.

~TB.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look what we have developing here. "The Laurel and Hardy Show". That or, "Two Surreyites with No-mates". Talk about a lonely, lonely life.

You shouldn't be so loose with the "wind" comments. Your toupe is vulnerable. Slaphead.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spineless Slug Reveals himself!!!

He's finally revealed himself!

The Spineless Slug- otherwise known as 2 left feet- is really Beavis! "Yeah, yeah, yeah...you tell him Regs...yeah, yeah, yeah...".

Well done, Slug.

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude-Where's mycar,

I think you might be mistaken. "Beavis" Huh? What the hell does that mean? Stop talking stupid, stupid!

2 left feet. A.K.A " Spineless Slug/Beavis "

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant comeback!!!

Slug:

Man, that was a brilliant comeback. Wait...listen for it...that's me, applauding your brilliance.

DWMC- whoneedsmorespiritedbanterthanwhatSlugcanoffer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Show off?

DWMC,

I am sure you realise it was a bit of a piss-take and I just happened to be a small part of some very good teams. I still think my UBC team of my 3rd year would have beaten the 86ers.....Anyway, I was in the right place at the right time.

Bucky,

I don't know what you're on about, but I am sure there is a purpose behind your 'bragging'? :) Actually, you should ask Jeff who played a year with him when he was in grade 12. He wrote a very nice letter to the Captain about........oh, I don't want to try and steal your thunder.

TB,

That logo was mint. Sorry, wrong thread. I think I know where you were going with your comments.

Captain

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An an excellent piss-take it was...

I did, and it was a great piss-take. The reply was more of a "self-slag". Nothing wrong with a little rivalry between two institutions (Langara / UBC), even though they play in different leagues. There were some UBC and SFU teams that- at the time- seemed like they could have beaten anyone in Canada, except for maybe the National Team.

I think College / University soccer is an excellent path any young player can take. It's a great experience...I just wish more young players realize it. Then there are players like the Slug, who- by the first appearance- don't need to worry about it because they'd never meet the academic standards.

DWMC.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mums

Guinness

Mums is living vicariously through his girlfriend....she scored a beaut goal today for her div 3 team....Mum's only scores garbage goals.

He'll be out another few weeks. UBC and Sapperton will miss him.

B

bigballz

Langara...........

Having been a former Langara Falcons product, I have come to realize that langara attracts (and/or lures) the best young talent going in the greater Vancouver (Van, Rich, Lad, Tsaw) area. It is true that the last few years the competition hasn't been as quality as it could be, but to say Langara is a shite team, may be a slight fabrication. My only hope is that the level of competition and quality of play increases, and Langara doesn't once again breeze through the competition and win the nationals handily.

PS... The only thing Langara needs is a new coach.... Rizzardo should take over the womans program, and allow someone fresher to take over the mens program......... :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what's happening these days?

What is going on in the college scene? Have playoffs started yet?

~TBwonderingifcollegeplayoffshavestartedyet.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
College Playoffs

Langara clinched first place in the BCCAA this past week-end with a pair of ties against Okanagan University College (OUC) and the University College of the Cariboo (UCC).

UCC finished in second spot, Douglas in third and University College of the Fraser Valley (UCFV) grabbed the fourth and final playoff spot.

The Provincial Championship semifinal matches look like this:

Game 1: Langara vs. UCFV
Game 2: Cariboo vs. Douglas

Final: Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2

The BC Champion will go on to play for the CCAA National title, hosted by Medicine Hat College November 6-11.

BCCAA League all-stars will be annouced later this week.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happened?

How did Cap do in the final weekend? and how did they finish overall? I heard you will win goalie of the year. And I will win best celebration, for my grass rolling extravaganza. scizzle my nizzle

theapprenticewhohopestowinjuntaoftheyear.:cool:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cap lost to Cariboo 1-0 in the Saturday game. Upon realizing that this loss meant they couldn't qualify for playoffs, they went on a piss-up of epic proportions which left several young Blues lying face down in puddles of their own vomit. After crawling into bed at 7am, they weren't in much shape to play OUC that same day....but they still managed to pull off a 3-3 tie. The results put them in 6th place overall in the league.

I don't know anything about a goalie of the year award, but if I do win it, it will obviously be "some tainted shite" according to some of our TTPers who don't fancy a) my netminding abilities and b) the league in general. Besides, the one goalkeeping award I really wanted went to Durante anyways.

pizzile my nizzle,
-Sensei.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John Lawrence

Sensei,

Did John Lawrence knock in any goals for you this year? Also, what time are your games this weekend? We have a huge game against Alemania? :)

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny L.

Cap,

Lawrence started out the season in our starting 11, platooning between striker and right mid, with two goals in our first four games. Unfortunately, he suffered a concussion against Fraser Valley in the middle of the season and was forced to miss a few games because of it. He's at full strength now and has worked his way back into the starting lineup.

As for gametimes, they're yet to be determined. I'll be sure to let you know.....I can tell you that the games are on Saturday and Sunday, not Friday and Saturday as they were in previous years.

Cheers,
-Sensei.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei,

let me know when the games are going on...I wanna come out if the weather is okay and burn a couple of junta's.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Langara!

Best of luck to both Langara teams this weekend! Can the guys team make it 3 in a row? I hope so!

Cheers, Gomes

whothinkssenseiandmarkwillleadtheirteamtovictoryonceagain!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts