Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College/University

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A combination of the rain, a 4-nil drubbing and the mingin' kit all contributed to me bolting to the changerooms immediately afterwards. I'll have to introduce myself to Surrey's #1 keeper next time I suppose....maybe I'll say hi to you as well :)

Cheers,
-Sensei.

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand!

I really don't understand how a shite team like Langara can make National's. Are the College teams really that bad?

P.S.

The only thing sensational about Shane Mum is his lack of a chin.

2 left feet

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How ballsy of you to talk smack about a team, and not even mention the lot you play for.

As for Langara, as I have mentioned several times before, we are an entirely different squad than the one which went to nationals last season. If you have played us in an exhibition match thus far, and by your dim-witted post I imagine you have, you really haven't played the full squad we intend to field this fall. We've been without a majority of our starters for almost all of the preseason and the poor results show it.

C'mon then little man, get stuck into a mudslinging contest with me. It'll spice up this otherwise dull thread. Who do you play for?

-Sensei.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mum's Is Good

2 left feet

I think you have under estimated Shane Mum. BTW , did you win the Nations Cup this year? Mum's is a really under rated player and a quality individual. Sure it doesn't hurt when you play against teenagers-he took the piss out of some SFU 'tough guys'- but he was awesome for Germany in the NC. I laugh at all the Slurrey U clique boys who as a unit consider themselves tough asses, but as individuals are really spineless losers. They have pushed out some quality players the past few years.

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you joking!

Sensei,

What difference does it make what team I play for?
It was just an observation. I did watch the Surrey game
and your team looked like shite, so I was just wondering
how your team made the Nationals.

Taking into account that this is a completely different team then last years; I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You might turn out to be a good squad. I did however watch you lot play last year against Trinity Western U. Needless to say my original comment stands.

" How can a shite team like Langara make Nationals"!

Whataboutbob,

There is no question that Shane is a great guy. I personally really like him and we've had some laughs together. But because I don't fancy him as a player doesn't mean he's not a friend. Surrey U is the best squad in Vancouver to play in. Not only are the Surrey players super friendly, they are also the best team in the league.
Can you please let me know what quality players Surrey has scared off, because I've been involved with the squad for some time now and haven't seen it.

2 left feet

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ummmmm..........knob

2 left feet,

By the name that you have on here and the amount of time that you spend on here and watching games. I have come to some sort of conclusion that you don't play soccer at al, or that you do and you don't get invited to play very much.

Since you had the time on yours hands to come and watch us play last year, did you get a chance to rate any other college teams while you were out, and if so how did you think that they compared to us. Please inform me I would really like to know

Cheers
JB

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy guys!

Sensei,

A huge waste of your time, OUCH! I'm pretty sure I know who you are. In my opinion, I really think you should spend more time refining your shitty goalie techneques than type the long-winded ill informed shite that you put on here. Your a shite goalie and you play on a shite team!

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ummmm........clown

J_B,

In the past I have watched: Trinity, UCC, Douglas, and Cap. In my humble opinion I must say your team is the best of the worst. The entire league is bad not just your team. So eat your wheaties, drink your milk and you might be a player yet.
P.S.
I have played at a pretty high level in the past, and I currently play for a team in the Valley.

2 left feet.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how a whole discussion has centered around Mums but I will add my two bits. Personally I think he is an excellent player. His biggest downfall in my opinion WAS his attitude. That in my opinion has improved drastically as he has grown up.

I also think he needs a coach who will allow him to play through some stinkers and not yank him off at a drop of a hat, like so many do. This can be said for many players who perhaps are a little on the headcase side. I know as I consider myself one of them.

As for Surrey United, yes there have been some players who have left on not so very good terms but that can be said for most teams. I think they are on the right track and have one of the better teams in the Premier. I do believe that most teams should follow along Westside's example and pursue the chemistry of character players as well as skill.

I can't stand flakes and every team has a couple of those. The great teams don't.

I may be a headcase but I am not a flake. Did I mention I hate flakes?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate spineless guys with 2 left feet...

2 left feet:

You sound pretty spineless. At least Sunsei isn't afraid to show who he plays for. You come on here and slag a College team for not being in form 3 weeks before the season starts? Give me a break! If you know anything about the College system, you know they essentially are composed of "younger" players...typically early 20s, late teens. You'll also know that it is not uncommon to turn over half the squad every year. I've played College, formerly for BCIT in the early 90s. The league would probably be competitive with VMSL 1st division, not Premier. The fact that they lost to Surrey U- a team who has established veteran players who have been training together all summer long- is no real surprise at this time of the year. The whole concept behind the College system is to bring good players together, train like hell 3 x / week, and jell quickly. If you can do that, you make it out of BC- probably the toughest Province- and have a good shot at a Championship. I tried twice, and we couldn't get it together. My hat is off to Langara, as they have a program that clearly works every year.

Your comments come across as immature and unknowledgeable. All you say is that you play for a FVSL team...which one? If that's true, your comments are even more disgraceful. You're putting out a bad image for the rest of us who stay loyal to the FVSL and are working towards keeping the talent here instead of going over to the VMSL. Give your head a shake and think before you "speak".

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spineless?

Dude-Where's mycar,

I said I played for a Valley team. I never said I played in the FVSl. Your right, I never played college ball. Mostly because I felt it was well under my level. Congratulations, on playing for BCIT they were a hell of a team. The only reason BCIT ever had try-outs is to see if they had enough players to field a squad.

P.S.
Cloverdale is Surrey, pal.

2 left feet

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still spineless

2 left feet:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, and you're still a spineless cnut.

See, I can lower myself to you level too.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lefty~

I see youv'e been throwing around you usual charm! well done now everyone hates you not just the girls.;)

I didn't know Cloverdale was Surrey. Huh!?:confused:

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give your head a shake!

2 left feet,

I just find it halarious when guys try to slag the Langara soccer team. How can you slag a team that won back-to-back national titles and only lost 1 game in 2 years? Do you think we really give a crap how you think we look as a team? All I know is that I have two national rings on my fingers and there aren't too many players that can say that!:D

Gomesy_jr

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys got rings?

Gomesy Jr,

We got piss all for winning THREE CIAU Championships at UBC. :) Did you have to buy it yourself? Curiously jealous. At least the CSL gave rings for the TWO championships but for winning ONE North American Club Championship, we got drunk and nothing else. And for winning FOUR trophies in one year with Richmond Town 2 years ago, we got absolutely nothing, despite playing in the toughest league I have EVER played in. :)

Seriously, congrats on your championships. I am not sure why Two Left Feet is bitter towards Langara. There have been a lot of good players who have come from the college ranks over the years. Rob Reed, Ric and Randy Celebrini, and Mark Watson are a few that come to mind, along with the current batch that is playing in the Metro League. I know there have been many more and I am sorry if I missed anyone.

Captain

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No we bought them!

Captain,

No we had to buy them, but when it comes down to it is worth it when you have something to show off without using words.

That is too bad that a school like UBC can't fork over the cash to even put any money towards them, but then I guess the same goes for Langara there but oh well.

I am not sure why 2 left feet is so bitter maybe he was cut by Marc at a training session, that is all I can think of.

cheers
JB

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Show off...

Captain...

Oh yeah? Well I won a bag of Cheetos and a box of tape for finishing fifth in the Men’s "B" at the Burnaby Lakes tourney this weekend...and I'm not sharing!

DWMC- whohasdonuttoshowforhisshortcollegecareer

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Sensei, JB and Gomesy JR for the back-to-back championships. It's tough enough trying to stay sober during school.

2 Left Nuts - piss-off. TB, you can do the same.

Captain, you forgot about Jolly, another one in my dossier of Delta Metro proteges which include Skinner, Keay & Tish. Go ahead. Ask them who was must influential in carving out their footballing careers. Thought so.

CoerverBuckfast

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they all asked the same thing

Captain, you forgot about Jolly, another one in my dossier of Delta Metro proteges which include Skinner, Keay & Tish. Go ahead. Ask them who was must influential in carving out their footballing careers...

They were asked. None mentioned you. When pressed further each to a man had this to say:

"Nope, never heard of him. Wait... isn't he related to Tommy Babic? No? Well who does he play for then?"

~TB.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts