Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Several TTPers play college ball with Langara - myself, Zeus and The Apprentice (when he strays away from his duties as head cheerleader/Splashes VIP co-ordinator) - Gomesy16 is on the coaching staff.

I seem to recall Madhandle talking from a decidedly Douglas point of view earlier on. Correct?

We've got Cap College back-to-back on the opening week-end....not really sure who everybody else opens up with.

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC

yeah, douglas college here.
We got UCC and OUC this weekend. I heard caps out to do something this year. Good luck and tell me how it goes.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In case you're wondering.....

I have a contact in Prince George who saw UCC play this week-end against some of the local talent in the PG Labour Day tourney.

They knocked off a PG Over-30s team in the final 2-1.

So take that for what it's worth.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langara starts off with a win

Some good soccer was played over at Cap today with Langara getting a hard fought 1-0 win. Sensei Hanson played excellent in the pipes for Langara to preserve the shutout. Cap has alot of individual skill but didn't seem to click with eachother. Game two of the double header goes tomorrow at 2:00pm @ Cap.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Cap are a very talented squad. They were extremely unfortunate not to score in the first 30 minutes, where they carried a large portion of the play.

We popped in the tally when the chance provided itself and that was it. A grind-it-out game at times, but the three points are all that matters. It should be mentioned that The Bitch was in the pipes for Cap....perhaps this will persuade him to return to these hallowed halls of carving. Just leave Roselund out of it.

Madhandle, how'd your lot end up?

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ZEROS

We tied UCC.(0-0) This is a very good team. But we just didnt capitalize. We had early scoring chances and did not finish. They are a team that sits back and plays defense. We needed to knock the ball around a lot more. But all in all a good result. (NOt a loss :rolleyes: )

Good luck on tomorrows game. We got OUC tomorrow.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting. I figured Cariboo would be in tough this year, having graduated their two All-Canadians from last season. But they always seem to be competitive. I do know that most of them played together as the Kamloops Heat U-21s in the Umbro Dev. Leauge this past summer.

OUC tied UCFV 2-2 today, in case you're wondering.

Good luck against the travelling Laker show.
-Sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
aaaiiiieeeee

Capilano 5
Langara 0

Scoreline tells it all. All that talent that didn't 'click' for Cap yesterday sure as hell did today. We were missing a few starters and basically packed it in after 2-buzz. Not an impressive performance on our part - Cap looked good though. Although the "Let's pack for Montreal" chatter at halftime may have been a tad premature.......

-Sensei.

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC 5-0 OUC

Very good game. We finally put the ball in the net. OUC looks young and not to good. But we were just knocking the ball around and finishing. Which works for any team.

OUch. 5-0 vs Cap..Nuff said.

Yah that whole packing thing sounds bad. Like us last year beat every team in the first round..... and lost it all at the end. Its not good to talk like that. :wa:

Who do you guys have next week?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got OUC in Kelowna. Need a better performance than today's if we're going to stay within striking distance of first.

I'll give Cap credit, they've got some real talent. But we didn't battle like we did yesterday....evident by the scoreline.

And the "let's pack from Montreal" chatter was coming from the Cap sideline....number 13 (who's name will be withheld for fear of his safety) was doing most of it.

I'll remember that shite.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fun weekend in Kelowna.

Dispatching of OUC 5-0 and 6-1 back-to-back was almost as enjoyable as making the night rounds at a couple of the Okanagan's finest establishments via the Apprentice connection. Very impressed with BJax's dedication to the cause.

Ze App then followed up his saturday night fever by notching two goals in the 6-1 victory and snagging player of the game honors in the process.

Madhandle, I concur with your assessment on OUC. Not a good side at all. Pretty much outclassed from the get-go, although they did hold us to 1-0 and 1-1 halftime scores in both of the games. They battled, but they're a poor team overall.

What did you think of Capilano? We heard you drew 1-1. Any game synopsis?

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 vs CAP 3-2 vs Malaspina

OUC-got a spanking by the looks of it. hahahaha. Yeah, not a good side..but they do battle.

Saturday- vs cap. Spot kick (free kick)outside of the 18.
5 minutes in. The shot hits one of our players in the wall. Off his face and it somehow hits his hand.(no reaction time). Referee calls a Penalty shot:wa: . Thats how they scored. Then we pretty much played vs the ref. got one back.......missed too many chances. ended as a draw.1-1

Sunday- malaspina....what can i say another Island Ref....they scored a nice goal on us though. I'll give them that. They were butchers... Steddy got taken down 3 times in the box. Clear penalties. Someone should tell that kid that sliding in from the back when someone has blown by you is not a good thing to do when you are in the box.

Over all we had good games. Bye weekend coming up for us.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice. We've got UCFV this week-end and then a bye week after that. I'm off for a two-week trip to Amsterdam tomorrow so I won't be around for a Fraser Valley recap. I was really looking forward to the three hour drive to Bateman park as well. Ha.

Crazy that you had to play at Cap on Saturday and then travel to Nanaimo on Sunday. That's bloody tiring. No surprise about the Island butchers.....are Mal any better, skillwise or other, than last year though?

I should have mentioned that OUC had their starting sweeper and center mid sent off in the first game. That sorta fcuked them even more for Sunday's game. Their dude actually ripped his shirt off and started waving it around after he scored the first goal......

The we rattled off six straight. Oops.

Cheers,
-Sensei.

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uhhh... Madhandle I was at the Douglas/Mal game and I think that you must've forgotten that the first peno was a hand ball (maybe like yours versus Cap? -- ball played him. Penalty? probably). Also, I think that any team that gets three (count 'em three) pks awarded to them is a little off base complaining about the (Island) reffing. No?

Can't say I was impressed with the shirtovertheheadairplane celebration after the third pk goal either -- that kid is a nice player, though.

That said... Mal looks to be mostly new players -- hardly anyone from last year. Two pks were direct results of poor marking and desperation tackles. Clumsy and inexperienced? Yes. Butchers? No.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The National rankings came out and the BC teams faired pretty well...

Langara (2nd)
Douglas(6th)
Capilano(10)

Humber College is the #1 team coming off a national title last year.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
any standings???

As an ex-Douglas lad (as many TTPers are) I would like to see the standings... Apprentice/Sensei any chance???

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
weekend results

Saturday - Langara 2, Malaspina 2
Sunday - Langara 5, Malaspina 2

Decent results on the weekend, although we dropped two points on saturday. We actually scored a late equalizer in the first game to salvage a tie...not a pretty game by any account, although the second game was just as unattractive. Although we had a much better result.

I believe this puts us on 19 points for the year and keeps us in first place. Douglas and Cariboo are nipping at our heels, as they both came into Sunday's play just two points back.

As for onelessstar's take on Mal....I mean, I've seen awkward before. I've seen clumsy before. shite, I've even seen awkward clumsy before. But there are guys on that team who cannot legitimately attribute their bad tackles to a lack of coordination or experience. On a number of occasions they got pissed or frustrated, and simply retaliated with dirty play. Still, I was impressed with a few of their players. A far better side than the one they fielded a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts