Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College NIL’s not panning out

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocker :rolleyes:

I forget whether that California decision went to the SCOTUS... ultimately it will be the end of college sports, which means the athletes get money but no education, the schools lose a ton of revenue, and all the other sports - which give scholarships mostly to female athletes - will be starved as well. Well done.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forget whether that California decision went to the SCOTUS... ultimately it will be the end of college sports, which means the athletes get money but no education, the schools lose a ton of revenue, and all the other sports - which give scholarships mostly to female athletes - will be starved as well. Well done.

Pair that with the free agency that players have, although they call it the transfer portal, kids will leave for the money schools and you’ll split the wealthy schools from the rest even further.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming from a guy who thought he was good enough to make 10 times what he made, just ask him. But he’s not wrong.

Jackson State signed the top recruit in the most recent class... is he really going to try to suggest that this happened without some serious NIL money being provided by someone associated to his school?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jackson State signed the top recruit in the most recent class... is he really going to try to suggest that this happened without some serious NIL money being provided by someone associated to his school?

I don’t think so. Money went to the school/program before, now these “donors” have created groups that pass the money straight to the athlete, and that is what I believe he is saying is changing the athletes attitude.

The money is going to their heads and making them into younger Deion Sanders :)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, but they're doing it for the benefit of particular schools with his being among the biggest beneficiaries so far... these players can talk about HBCU's and how that makes them feel warm and fuzzy all they want; the reality is that it's more about the Benja ERRRRR Tubmans...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really all it’s done is make what they were doing before all legal, just now the players can show it off and act cocky about it.
I’m sure he’s seen some Deion’s of his own program strut in and act like they own the place.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really all it’s done is make what they were doing before all legal, just now the players can show it off and act cocky about it.
I’m sure he’s seen some Deion’s of his own program strut in and act like they own the place.

Absolutely - and if Deion is going to claim shock and disgust at young talent exhibiting too much swagger too soon, well... hello pot, it's kettle...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts