Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CODE OF ETHICS for Players of the DCS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CODE OF ETHICS for Players and ETHICAL STANDARDS

Although this document prescribes standards of conduct for all DCS official members, they are not all-inclusive. The absence of a specific standard of behavior does not imply that an action is condoned - such action may ultimately be subject to disciplinary action. (ie) Nachos.

PURPOSE:
Official members play an integral role in the sport of darts and they must recognize their impact on the game, its participants and their fellow members. The purpose of this document is to give a general statement of the principles of conduct, which are required of members in order to fulfill their duties to other players, colleagues and administrators.

BROAD PRINCIPLES:
Members are expected to uphold and advance high standards of ethical conduct by being honest and impartial; increasing their competence and prestige; using their knowledge and skill to improve the game; and, respecting the dignity and status of, the DCS, plus you must TTP out of anyone for anything at anytime.

DEFINITIONS:

Official Member: means registered (with the Darts Championship series) individuals who perform capably as, but not limited to, Players, administrators and Chalkers during sanctioned activities.

Registered: means registered as an official member of the Dart Championship series.

Misconduct: means behaviour in violation of DCS Laws of the Game and/or druged out pool players by a person entrusted with the administration of those laws.

Participants: means those taking part in sport, e.g., athletes and their family members, coaches, officials, volunteers, administrators.

Respect: means in consideration of the dignity of others; courteous regard.

Violate: means non-compliance with the Code of Ethics and Ethical Standards as defined in these documents.

Shoc-king: Means just that. Shoc-king.

CODE OF ETHICS

The Dart Championship Series (DCS) is aware of its responsibilities toward its players and, having granted certain privileges to founding fathers, it is obliged to ensure such individuals realize and respect their responsibilities and duties.

Specifically, a DCS registered player shall:

1. Conduct himself/herself with dignity on and off the ochre at all times and shall, by personal example; endeavour to inspire the true principles of fair play and to earn the respect of those whom he/she serves.

2. Not cause the Darts Championship series to become involved in any controversial matters; shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Association; and, not bring into question his/her or the game's integrity.

3. Adhere to all provincial/national standards and directives.

4. Always wear what you want and maintain a high level of physical and mental fitness.

5. Study the Laws of the Game and, for so long as they are registered, keep their knowledge current by being aware of all changes made on the fly by Tilly and enforce all said laws and changes with Nacho fines.

6. Perform his/her designated responsibilities, including attending organized seminars and lectures, etc., and shall assist his/her fellow players to upgrade and raise their standard of play.

7. Honor any appointments made for and accepted by him/her unless he wants to be called a Henry Hoofter the rest of his life.

8. To publicly criticize other players and any pool players near by, lets not forget any and all Big’ns and all smokers and any other dart association;

9. Make any public statements to the media (newspaper, television, radio,TTP etc.) to games played by him/her or regarding the quality of the match or the performance of the teams and their players that you wish. It’s a free Fcuking country and if they can’t handle the comments they should go the fcuk away.

10. Any player over the .500 mark and founding members must use their influence and cunning on the ochre to make up any rule that suits their specific need at any time. All other members can try and argue, but it’ll always be moot.

STANDARDS OF ETHICAL CONDUCT

Duly registered players are expected to demonstrate excellence in conduct and ability at each match in which they participate or observe. This covers the time from arrival until departure from the ochre. In preparation for playing, players must devote time, thought, and study to the Laws of the Game and mechanics of the game.

DCS registered players are expected to comply with the following standards:

A. PLAYER REGISTRATION
1. A player is considered registered when the DCS office has received and accepted:

2. A full plate of Nachos or a Rib and wing combo.
3. He’s had his ass handed to him by Tilly or Double In.
4. He has an awful nickname given to him
5. He posts on TTP.

B. EDUCATION
1. Players must keep current with annual Law changes.
2. Players must attend annual DCS educational programs.
3. Players are encouraged to join and participate in the DCS dart night.

C. UNSANCTIONED GAMES
Registered Players should not play in unsanctioned matches. Some ample reasons why player should not play these games are:

1. No stats may be accepted from games in unsanctioned matches.
2. There is no liability insurance in unaffiliated leagues/districts for the players protection.
3. If the player is assaulted or should there be any other serious misconduct, the DCS cannot discipline or review the incident.
4. They a completely fcuking MOOT

D. ASSIGNMENTS

1. Players must post their attendance at least 4 hours prior to the first diddle. If an players unable to play a match that was accepted, he/she must buy the Nachos the following week.
2. Players must post their official match report no later than 48hrs after the game. The report must include all cautions, game date, names, numbers, records and any G-string sitings. Also they must have at least one dig at Sidewinder or POM.

E. STATEMENTS
1. Players must publicly criticize other players, fellow members and team personnel, maintaining the utmost lack of respect for all groups.

F. FITNESS/APPEARANCE
1. Players must maintain a high standard of physical and mental fitness.
2. Players must wear whatever the fcuk they want and wear it according to as follows:
3. Baggy shorts, Jeans, T-shirts, Emerald Academy sweatshirts older than most members’ moms.
4. Flip flops, runners.

3. In case of a shirt conflict, the player may change to an approved team jersey or it's handbags at 10 paces.

G. ALCOHOL/DRUGS/TOBACCO
1. Players must always advocate and condone the use of beer or other fun substances. Except for Tobacco it’s a filthy fcuking habit.
2. Players must always provide under-age participants with alcohol; when asked and should really encourage its use.
3. Players must abstain from the use of tobacco products while in the presence of his/her players. As before it’s a filthy fcuking habit.
4. Players must drink alcoholic beverages when playing and working with other players.

H LANGUAGE
1. Players may use any form of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language in the conduct of his/her duties.

I. SAFETY
1. Players must ensure, to the best of his/her ability, that they stand way the hell away from the Price when he’s throwing. It’s all fun and games until Walks hit’s you with a diddle.

J. DISCIPLINE
1. Players must comply with Rule #9 and #10 (Posting/ Rules) of the DCS Constitution & Bylaws
2. Players must kick up a big stink in the search for a resolution of any grievance hearing or complaint but at the end of the day is anyone really give a shite what you think? No.
3. Players not compiling with Rule #9 and #10 must buy the next weeks Nachos, but are not responsible for it’s cheese distribution or it’s Chip to Olive ratios.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Stuff DI! If you could put this much effort into Midland the company would probably be global by now :D

4. Always wear what you want and maintain a high level of physical and mental fitness.

Does that mean that every week that Sidewinder and One Dart show up the have to buy NA - CHOS :wa:

Emerald Academy sweatshirts older than most members’ moms.

Fcuking great for the DCS fashion standards!

3. Players not compiling with Rule #9 and #10 must buy the next weeks Nachos, but are not responsible for it’s cheese distribution or it’s Chip to Olive ratios.

What exactly do we all have to compile!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheeky... complying

There are few issues we need to address right away, and yes Sidewinder and One large ass Dart are at the top of the list. I have to confer with the ethic committee, but I'm pretty sure Whirlwinds calculator will be addressed at the next AGM.
4. Players must drink alcoholic beverages when playing and working with other players.
This and your Pepsi habit will also be noted on the minutes. ;)

The ethics committee would like to take this opportunity and thank all the members for their continued support and piss takes where would we be with-out you? And we would like to ask for any further suggestions. (other than telling us where to stick our ethics.) :rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not #9 again .......

Will the committee please address this further as one of the founding fathers violates this everytime he makes an appearance at the championship series.

I would like to take the opportunity as a Code of Ethics consultant :rolleyes: to thank Double In for an intuitive and detailed analysis of the D.C.S. Code of Ethics. Well done old chap ......... you have outdone yourself once again :D.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Double In

Does this mean I have to start drinking when playing? That could be a hazard to all members, which consequently breaches the safety section of the code. Therefore, as the all-time leader in winning percentage, I should be excluded from this form of debauchery. I would ask that all DCS members take this into consideration, for the sake of all the plants around the establishment we are playing in.

Otherwise, an outstanding effort, Double In, and I am glad to see your company doing so well. Hell, I am even busier than you. :)

Captain

P.S. I just read the Putz of Manchester's post and find it highly hypocritcal. If the POM is question my choice of beverage, then our safety is at risk EVERY time he steps into the building. The man is a loose cannon and snaps at every poor series of shots, which is basically every second throw. Surely, we can have him in a Hannibal Lecter type get-up to ensure our safety. Besides, it might actually help him win against guys who are using crutches or wheelchairs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I'm sure this will help and that you'll use it to your full advantage.
10. Any player over the .500 mark and/or founding member must use their influence and cunning to make up any rule that suits their specific need at any time. All other member can try and argue, but it’ll always be moot.
Smart really. We could have anarchy if all the member every reached the positive numbers.

Yeah right. Like that'll happen any time EVER.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it the $3.15 Pints of Canadian ??

I should be excluded from this form of debauchery. I would ask that all DCS members take this into consideration, for the sake of all the plants around the establishment we are playing in.

That's a good point Tilly ........ I would like to propose (as Code consultant) that Tilly be exempt from #4.

I myself might follow the all-time leader in winning percentage by not consuming alcoholic beverages at the next championship series. I mean for fcuk sakes, the game has to get better eventually doesn't it ??

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right in the mind ........

Besides, it might actually help him win against guys who are using crutches or wheelchairs.

I've just changed my mind ....... Fcuk Tilly and his faggot soda and lime twist, Law #4 must be enforced !!!!!!!!! I'm getting annihilated next week .......

Surely, we can have him in a Hannibal Lecter type get-up to ensure our safety.

I suggest you wear a helmet and body armour next week fcuking part timer. Who knows where one of my diddle's might go ......... :D.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suggest you wear a helmet and body armour next week fcuking part timer. Who knows where one of my diddle's might go
Tilly might I suggest you simply stand in front of the board? Safest place to be when POM is around.

OD, don't abuse your power the ethics committee frowns on such behavior. :rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pool of blood alert at the Landing ......

Tilly might I suggest you simply stand in front of the board?

Why don't you join him and try your luck as well cnut ........ The Prince shall be practicing two handed throws all week :D

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would that be practising into your wall POM? Without an adequate practise facility, you will continue to be a bottom feeder. Of this there can be no debate.

Kudos to DI. Unfortunately, while you spent your morning doing this, Dale dropped a fridge and ran over a microwave. I guess that is the cost of doing business. :rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Future practice times at POM's ..........

Without an adequate practise facility, you will continue to be a bottom feeder. Of this there can be no debate.

So true ......... so true ..........

On this long weekend (for the Prince anyways :D), he will be sussing out potential locations around the homestead for a potential training facility. God knows, if I can't beat a guy on one leg, I either need to give up the 'game' (definitely a consideration :D) or practice once or twice a week. This is just getting fcuking ridiculous ...........

Dale dropped a fridge and ran over a microwave.

Don't tell me that was my fcuking microwave again .........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
POM the back of the wee'ns door is a good place to hide one. It'll do you wonders as well. One, your missus will think you are actually spending time with the kid and two you'll be getting the practice you so DESPERATELY need. If you do take my suggestion please at the very least buy young Jordy ear plugs.

Poor kid will be able to say cnut before mom. I just hope he doesn't mix the two. :eek:

Power, Dale is no longer employed here as of July 5. It's so hard to find good help these days. :rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
180 !!!!!!!!!!!

POM the back of the wee'ns door is a good place to hide one.
Poor kid will be able to say cnut before mom. I just hope he doesn't mix the two.

Wow .........

The only forseeable problem that may occur is me kicking the door down and screaming cnut at the top of my lungs concurrently. Knowing the missus, she'd be ringing the police in no time :rolleyes:

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
great stuff D.I.

We should be considering future side rules for women,minors,pensioners,native Indians,Inuits,and wheel-chair athletes.

b.t.w. did you thrash daddy in law?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why should they have side rules? The DCS has one set of rules that apply to everyone no matter there sex, race or what-have-you. We're not prejudice unless you can't subtract. Then you're just an idiot.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Stuff DI. I knew you had it in you. I don't see why Sidewinder should be able to post he enjoyed them seeing as he was so agianst the fcuking idea in the first place.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willis;

There was a minor ommission[sp?] in the rule about attire. It refers to the fines for wearing headgear[especially in shades of pink,tourquoise,raspberry or teal] that could bring into question certain personal preferences.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts